Amazon Discussions Refugees

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2017, 01:48 AM
RE: Amazon Discussions Refugees
(06-12-2017 01:39 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(04-12-2017 11:29 PM)mooneagle Wrote:  Hello to you all. This is my first message as I just joined TTA today. I too had been on the Amazon Atheist forum when it was shut down, and I don't really remember being told soon enough that it would be shut down. I didn't write every day, but on the day I decided to write a note, it was all gone. However, prior to that happening, one of the posters on the Amazon site had mentioned that he was switching over to this forum, so I wrote down the name and decided to visit you all. Then my computer went phfft! and that was that until a week ago when I was finally able to get it fixed. The fan in the CPU overheated and it smelled like it was on fire. Well that happened, and it is all fixed up now, and I'm thrilled to be able to join this forum.

Hi Mooneagle, welcome to TTA. Smile

You'll find a lot of ex-Amazonians here. Here are a couple of Amazonian threads that may interest you:

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ght=amazon

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...amazonians

Quote:I hope I am able to ask a particular question, as I am just getting acquainted with the rules for this forum - which I find to be excellent and they make me feel safe when I begin to offer my views. My question is this: Am I able to ask if a particular person is on this site by stating the user name he had? I hope he is here, but I won't state his name until I find out if it is allowed.

I see you're looking for Django -- he's here:

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...o-UnHinged

A little reluctant to migrate, but he finally came over in October.

Quote:Also, how do I put in the photo I want to use attached to my name?
At the top of the screen, under the forum "search bar' and under the "Welcome back" statement is a bar with that says "User CP" on the left. Click that.

In the user control panel, on the left, third group down headed "Your Profile",
Under "edit profile" select "Change Avatar", and follow the instructions.

Quote: And where do I find the emoticons? Just one more inquiry, to what does "signature" refer? I certainly do not want to disable any smilies :-)))

Happy to be here, and hope to hear from management soon.
When you click "reply" to reply to a post, a list of emoticons appears to the left of your text window.

"Signature" also appears under the "edit profile" selections, right under "change avatar", where you can edit what automatic signature appears at the bottom of each post you make.

Mine is:
Dr. H ... Thanks for all the info and thanks finding Django for me. I will get to all of your instructions tomorrow about the avatar and the signature, but I found all of the emoticons. There are tons of them - I'm having fun looking at them all! Really, thanks again so much. DLJ helped me also, so if he/she reads this post - thanks also.

This Amazon Refugee site is great, but it's time for me to look for some forums that pique my interest. I hope there aren't too many trolls on here because then I'll have to get mad and I'm not a mad person (my ex would argue that one). I like to be nice and sweet and, then hit the troll with a right cross with my words - if the words I choose are allowed. Will need to be clever ... metaphors are good.

Well, I'll shut up now.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes mooneagle's post
07-12-2017, 07:07 AM
(07-12-2017 01:48 AM)mooneagle Wrote:  
(06-12-2017 01:39 PM)Dr H Wrote:  Hi Mooneagle, welcome to TTA. Smile

You'll find a lot of ex-Amazonians here. Here are a couple of Amazonian threads that may interest you:

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ght=amazon

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...amazonians

I see you're looking for Django -- he's here:

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...o-UnHinged

A little reluctant to migrate, but he finally came over in October.

At the top of the screen, under the forum "search bar' and under the "Welcome back" statement is a bar with that says "User CP" on the left. Click that.

In the user control panel, on the left, third group down headed "Your Profile",
Under "edit profile" select "Change Avatar", and follow the instructions.

When you click "reply" to reply to a post, a list of emoticons appears to the left of your text window.

"Signature" also appears under the "edit profile" selections, right under "change avatar", where you can edit what automatic signature appears at the bottom of each post you make.

Mine is:
Dr. H ... Thanks for all the info and thanks finding Django for me. I will get to all of your instructions tomorrow about the avatar and the signature, but I found all of the emoticons. There are tons of them - I'm having fun looking at them all! Really, thanks again so much. DLJ helped me also, so if he/she reads this post - thanks also.

This Amazon Refugee site is great, but it's time for me to look for some forums that pique my interest. I hope there aren't too many trolls on here because then I'll have to get mad and I'm not a mad person (my ex would argue that one). I like to be nice and sweet and, then hit the troll with a right cross with my words - if the words I choose are allowed. Will need to be clever ... metaphors are good.

Well, I'll shut up now.

We have free speech here. When only the real word will do - have at it. There are a couple of places where you are heavily moderated - in the Personal issues and support section - it's for support only. And in the welcome section - it's just to welcome people. The rest of the forum is your playground. If threads get too out of hand, we throw them in the viper's pit and they continue there.

We get trolls, they usually don't last very long although some are careful of the rules and manage to stick around.

Start a thread about whatever you like and have fun!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
08-12-2017, 06:14 PM
(07-12-2017 01:48 AM)mooneagle Wrote:  I hope there aren't too many trolls on here because then I'll have to get mad and I'm not a mad person (my ex would argue that one). I like to be nice and sweet and, then hit the troll with a right cross with my words - if the words I choose are allowed. Will need to be clever ... metaphors are good.

Well, I'll shut up now.

Trolls don't last very long here, although now and then I see one passed around for a while, like a chew-toy. Yes

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post