Amazon Refugee Roll Call

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2017, 05:40 PM
RE: Amazon Refugee Roll Call
(01-03-2017 05:33 PM)Rockblossom Wrote:  Hah! Glad to NOT be listed with the LSCs! I followed all of you here about 21 months ago. Laugh out load (Ada Davis/Rockblossom)

AHA! I thought I saw your name in a post here, as I was poking around corners and peering under curtains. But I wasn't positive it was you, hence the question mark.

Good to see you again. Wink

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post
01-03-2017, 06:55 PM
(01-03-2017 04:51 PM)Dr H Wrote:  So far our little list of undocumented immigrants appears to consist of:

ASH
Bubba
Dorsie
Dr H
Gwaithmir
Grasshoppa
Irish Lace
Jay Vogelsong
J. True
LifelongAtheist
Mary L. Mand
M. Linoge
Norm Deplume
R^3
S. Friedman
SinSeeker (Klapaucius)
Vivian Darkbloom

Yet to take the plunge are:

Abigail O. (?)
Ada Davis (?)
Brunumb
Django Unhinged
Happy Skeptic
Lao Tzu
Laurence Levine
Mickey
S. Anderson
TIM
Wolfpup/Wolf

Plus a handful of less frequent posters, and a whole host of less savory characters (Doctor, voiceoftruth, etc.)

Doubtless, I've left some out. Who?

ErikR
Ras P.
H A L
Tadeuz Edward
Yonadav Kenyon
Lessfatman
Michael Altarriba
LDiedrick
Son of Flintstone Munchausen
Yippie Rabinowitz

And a few more I can't recall.
Wow. It really is a lot of people put together.
[+] 1 user Likes M. Linoge's post
01-03-2017, 07:28 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2017 08:04 PM by kim.)
(24-02-2017 12:03 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(24-02-2017 10:31 AM)Bubba Wrote:  I am also Bubba on the Amazon forums and am a refugee from there,

I am an atheist with an apatheist leaning, which essentially means that I believe that the existence of god(s) is irrelevant.

I never knew there was a term for believing that the existence of a deity is irrelevant. I'm one of the few forum theists, but I think I fall under this same category with you. I don't believe that anyone needs to believe in G-d and life won't change based on what you think. G-d either exists or does not exist and if you needed to know for sure, that information would be plainly apparent.

Hoo hoo - hi - you might want to check out ignosticism.

Hey all n00bs. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
02-03-2017, 03:30 AM
So many goo backs (need to be a South Park fan to get that pun) Wink
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
02-03-2017, 05:00 AM
(01-03-2017 05:33 PM)Rockblossom Wrote:  
(01-03-2017 05:05 PM)Aliza Wrote:  We'll need to speed up the visa process. Yes

Hah! Glad to NOT be listed with the LSCs! I followed all of you here about 21 months ago. Laugh out load (Ada Davis/Rockblossom)

Hi Ada. Smile So happy to find you here. I'm enjoying the freedom from the few single subject motor mouths that Dr. H named. I really miss Django Unhinged, Brunumb, Wolf, and Happy Skeptic, and have a feeling that Abigail O. might be the .2 version of an old friend already here.

I like your name and avatar. The flower on the right looks like a muppet laughing. Big Grin

It's very nice and free here, with great new people to meet. I just wish I had more time to post, but that will come with familiarity.
[+] 4 users Like Dorsie's post
02-03-2017, 08:34 AM
(02-03-2017 05:00 AM)Dorsie Wrote:  I like your name and avatar. The flower on the right looks like a muppet laughing. Big Grin

I'm 'Rockblossom' almost everywhere online except for Amazon. I joined Amazon over 20 years ago when they "preferred" us to use our real names (or else some things, like creating tags, didn't work for us) rather than creating a user name. I just never bothered to change it.

I have different avatars on different sites, but they are all photos taken around my house. The one I have here now is spring crocus in my front yard. (I always liked the name 'crocus' because so many of the blooms look like open-mouthed frogs.) Some of my favorites are of the wildlife that frequent the back yard.
[+] 3 users Like Rockblossom's post
02-03-2017, 02:13 PM
(01-03-2017 06:55 PM)M. Linoge Wrote:  ErikR
Ras P.
H A L
Tadeuz Edward
Yonadav Kenyon
Lessfatman
Michael Altarriba
LDiedrick
Son of Flintstone Munchausen
Yippie Rabinowitz

And a few more I can't recall.
Wow. It really is a lot of people put together.

Ah yes, it would be good to have Michael over here. Son of Flintstone I haven't seen around in a long time; wasn't sure he was still with us. Ras P. is new to me.

The others I see more often when I'm slumming in the religion forum, but you're right, they have been periodic visitors to the atheist side as well.

I do hope most of them decide to make the switch. The old forum is about 80% dead at this point.

BTW, I've been spending a bit of time in some of the music fora. While there are deletions over there, too, their threads aren't nearly as riddled with holes as the atheist and religion fora. I begin to suspect that Amazon sees religious discussion as something of a "problem child".

--
Dr H

[+] 3 users Like Dr H's post
02-03-2017, 02:17 PM
(01-03-2017 07:28 PM)kim Wrote:  Hoo hoo - hi - you might want to check out ignosticism.
Hey all n00bs. Shy

"Ignosticism"; I like that. It takes a very common and perennial theist/nontheist argument theme and neatly encapsulates it in a single word. Smile

--
Dr H

[+] 2 users Like Dr H's post
02-03-2017, 02:20 PM
(02-03-2017 05:00 AM)Dorsie Wrote:  and have a feeling that Abigail O. might be the .2 version of an old friend already here.

I also suspect as much; hence the other question mark. Wink

But it's not for me to blow anyone' s cover, and especially not with Amazon.

--
Dr H

[+] 3 users Like Dr H's post
02-03-2017, 03:09 PM
(01-03-2017 07:28 PM)kim Wrote:  Hoo hoo - hi - you might want to check out ignosticism.

Didn't you say it was called igtheism also? I like 'em both.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post