Amazon Refugee Roll Call

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2017, 05:40 PM
RE: Amazon Refugee Roll Call
(01-03-2017 05:33 PM)Rockblossom Wrote:  Hah! Glad to NOT be listed with the LSCs! I followed all of you here about 21 months ago. Laugh out load (Ada Davis/Rockblossom)

AHA! I thought I saw your name in a post here, as I was poking around corners and peering under curtains. But I wasn't positive it was you, hence the question mark.

Good to see you again. Wink

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post
01-03-2017, 06:55 PM
(01-03-2017 04:51 PM)Dr H Wrote:  So far our little list of undocumented immigrants appears to consist of:

ASH
Bubba
Dorsie
Dr H
Gwaithmir
Grasshoppa
Irish Lace
Jay Vogelsong
J. True
LifelongAtheist
Mary L. Mand
M. Linoge
Norm Deplume
R^3
S. Friedman
SinSeeker (Klapaucius)
Vivian Darkbloom

Yet to take the plunge are:

Abigail O. (?)
Ada Davis (?)
Brunumb
Django Unhinged
Happy Skeptic
Lao Tzu
Laurence Levine
Mickey
S. Anderson
TIM
Wolfpup/Wolf

Plus a handful of less frequent posters, and a whole host of less savory characters (Doctor, voiceoftruth, etc.)

Doubtless, I've left some out. Who?

ErikR
Ras P.
H A L
Tadeuz Edward
Yonadav Kenyon
Lessfatman
Michael Altarriba
LDiedrick
Son of Flintstone Munchausen
Yippie Rabinowitz

And a few more I can't recall.
Wow. It really is a lot of people put together.

"Throughout history, every mystery, ever solved, has turned out to be; Not magic."
[+] 1 user Likes M. Linoge's post
01-03-2017, 07:28 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2017 08:04 PM by kim.)
(24-02-2017 12:03 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(24-02-2017 10:31 AM)Bubba Wrote:  I am also Bubba on the Amazon forums and am a refugee from there,

I am an atheist with an apatheist leaning, which essentially means that I believe that the existence of god(s) is irrelevant.

I never knew there was a term for believing that the existence of a deity is irrelevant. I'm one of the few forum theists, but I think I fall under this same category with you. I don't believe that anyone needs to believe in G-d and life won't change based on what you think. G-d either exists or does not exist and if you needed to know for sure, that information would be plainly apparent.

Hoo hoo - hi - you might want to check out ignosticism.

Hey all n00bs. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
02-03-2017, 03:30 AM
So many goo backs (need to be a South Park fan to get that pun) Wink
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
02-03-2017, 05:00 AM
(01-03-2017 05:33 PM)Rockblossom Wrote:  
(01-03-2017 05:05 PM)Aliza Wrote:  We'll need to speed up the visa process. Yes

Hah! Glad to NOT be listed with the LSCs! I followed all of you here about 21 months ago. Laugh out load (Ada Davis/Rockblossom)

Hi Ada. Smile So happy to find you here. I'm enjoying the freedom from the few single subject motor mouths that Dr. H named. I really miss Django Unhinged, Brunumb, Wolf, and Happy Skeptic, and have a feeling that Abigail O. might be the .2 version of an old friend already here.

I like your name and avatar. The flower on the right looks like a muppet laughing. Big Grin

It's very nice and free here, with great new people to meet. I just wish I had more time to post, but that will come with familiarity.
[+] 4 users Like Dorsie's post
02-03-2017, 08:34 AM
(02-03-2017 05:00 AM)Dorsie Wrote:  I like your name and avatar. The flower on the right looks like a muppet laughing. Big Grin

I'm 'Rockblossom' almost everywhere online except for Amazon. I joined Amazon over 20 years ago when they "preferred" us to use our real names (or else some things, like creating tags, didn't work for us) rather than creating a user name. I just never bothered to change it.

I have different avatars on different sites, but they are all photos taken around my house. The one I have here now is spring crocus in my front yard. (I always liked the name 'crocus' because so many of the blooms look like open-mouthed frogs.) Some of my favorites are of the wildlife that frequent the back yard.

"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering." The (4th) Doctor
[+] 3 users Like Rockblossom's post
02-03-2017, 02:13 PM
(01-03-2017 06:55 PM)M. Linoge Wrote:  ErikR
Ras P.
H A L
Tadeuz Edward
Yonadav Kenyon
Lessfatman
Michael Altarriba
LDiedrick
Son of Flintstone Munchausen
Yippie Rabinowitz

And a few more I can't recall.
Wow. It really is a lot of people put together.

Ah yes, it would be good to have Michael over here. Son of Flintstone I haven't seen around in a long time; wasn't sure he was still with us. Ras P. is new to me.

The others I see more often when I'm slumming in the religion forum, but you're right, they have been periodic visitors to the atheist side as well.

I do hope most of them decide to make the switch. The old forum is about 80% dead at this point.

BTW, I've been spending a bit of time in some of the music fora. While there are deletions over there, too, their threads aren't nearly as riddled with holes as the atheist and religion fora. I begin to suspect that Amazon sees religious discussion as something of a "problem child".

--
Dr H

[+] 3 users Like Dr H's post
02-03-2017, 02:17 PM
(01-03-2017 07:28 PM)kim Wrote:  Hoo hoo - hi - you might want to check out ignosticism.
Hey all n00bs. Shy

"Ignosticism"; I like that. It takes a very common and perennial theist/nontheist argument theme and neatly encapsulates it in a single word. Smile

--
Dr H

[+] 2 users Like Dr H's post
02-03-2017, 02:20 PM
(02-03-2017 05:00 AM)Dorsie Wrote:  and have a feeling that Abigail O. might be the .2 version of an old friend already here.

I also suspect as much; hence the other question mark. Wink

But it's not for me to blow anyone' s cover, and especially not with Amazon.

--
Dr H

[+] 3 users Like Dr H's post
02-03-2017, 03:09 PM
(01-03-2017 07:28 PM)kim Wrote:  Hoo hoo - hi - you might want to check out ignosticism.

Didn't you say it was called igtheism also? I like 'em both.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post