Amazon Refugee Roll Call

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2017, 09:41 AM
RE: Amazon Refugee Roll Call
(03-03-2017 09:19 AM)M. Linoge Wrote:  
(03-03-2017 09:07 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  Here's a new development that I'm sure you will all find rather amusing. I received a notice from Amazon in this morning's Email, informing me that my most recent post violated the forum guidelines. Those of you who have been reading my posts here know that I was kicked out of Amazon's discussions and my posts deleted at least two weeks ago. I can only conclude that the Amazon forums administrators must be rabidly biased and/or mentally challenged. Facepalm

That happened to me as well. Being booted wasn't enough, now they add insult to injury. I may have gone too far in my reply to that e-mail.

Looks like they zapped Wolf as well. The forum is finished.

I wonder why they suddenly came over all pious? And why not just shut the forum down if they were gonna eviscerate it like that?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
03-03-2017, 09:47 AM
I know how difficult it is to make a jump from one, well-worn forum where you have a long history to a new one where you have to start from scratch.

The great thing for all of you is that you have come in a posse of sorts and while you may be new to us and us new to you you guys still have each other’s back.

The only way to get acclimated is to dive head first as some of you already have (looking at you Jay Vogelsong, Mary L. Mand, M. Linoge, Dr. H, Dorsie).

I think of you differently than I would of a complete newbie, you guys come with experience and that is a great thing. So chime in early and often!

FC

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 8 users Like Full Circle's post
03-03-2017, 09:48 AM
(03-03-2017 09:41 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(03-03-2017 09:19 AM)M. Linoge Wrote:  That happened to me as well. Being booted wasn't enough, now they add insult to injury. I may have gone too far in my reply to that e-mail.

I wonder why they suddenly came over all pious? And why not just shut the forum down if they were gonna eviscerate it like that?

Mike Pence took over.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
03-03-2017, 01:51 PM
(03-03-2017 09:47 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I know how difficult it is to make a jump from one, well-worn forum where you have a long history to a new one where you have to start from scratch.

Actually this place is great compared with Amazon (where I had mixed feelings for years). I get to post the same ideas over again and they will seem new to people. Smile
[+] 5 users Like Thoreauvian's post
03-03-2017, 01:55 PM
(03-03-2017 01:51 PM)Jay Vogelsong Wrote:  
(03-03-2017 09:47 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I know how difficult it is to make a jump from one, well-worn forum where you have a long history to a new one where you have to start from scratch.

Actually this place is great compared with Amazon (where I had mixed feelings for years). I get to post the same ideas over again and they will seem new to people. Smile

The best part is you can post them over and over and they will always seem new to most here.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
03-03-2017, 02:38 PM
Considering how the amazons have been treated I consider it a treat to have them amongst us, this is the problem with a forum hosted by a mail order delivery company, no morals except profit
[+] 3 users Like adey67's post
03-03-2017, 03:25 PM
(03-03-2017 02:38 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Considering how the amazons have been treated I consider it a treat to have them amongst us, this is the problem with a forum hosted by a mail order delivery company, no morals except profit

Thank god we don't have a profit motive here.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
03-03-2017, 03:38 PM
(03-03-2017 08:59 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > Actually, I am quite proud to have been kicked out of the Amazon forums for honestly speaking my mind.

I haven't been kicked off...yet. I'm starting to think of it as a badge of honor.
[+] 1 user Likes Mary L. Mand's post
03-03-2017, 03:42 PM
(03-03-2017 09:41 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(03-03-2017 09:19 AM)M. Linoge Wrote:  That happened to me as well. Being booted wasn't enough, now they add insult to injury. I may have gone too far in my reply to that e-mail.

It's possible they want to keep the ones that actually discuss merchandise. Possible.
[+] 1 user Likes Mary L. Mand's post
03-03-2017, 03:46 PM

The great thing for all of you is that you have come in a posse of sorts and while you may be new to us and us new to you you guys still have each other’s back.

The only way to get acclimated is to dive head first as some of you already have (looking at you Jay Vogelsong, Mary L. Mand, M. Linoge, Dr. H, Dorsie).

I think of you differently than I would of a complete newbie, you guys come with experience and that is a great thing. So chime in early and often!

FC

In best Leo Gorcey voice: I din do nuthin'.
[+] 2 users Like Mary L. Mand's post