Amazon Refugee Roll Call

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2017, 08:20 PM
RE: Amazon Refugee Roll Call
(03-03-2017 07:58 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(03-03-2017 07:03 PM)Dorsie Wrote:  Wolf being banned, more than anyone else, convinces me that the purge has been targeted against atheists, even though some trolls were zapped, possibly to cover the tracks.

And Pooh P Pantz is still there, posting at an empty forum. Maybe I should jump on the Amazon ban wagon and tell PPP to stick it up his nether aperture, sideways, in the key of C sharp. If nothing else, it would feel wonderful. Tongue

I've begun to suspect a possible vendetta of "abuse" reports by one of the more OCD theists.
I even have one in mind, although I admit I'm just guessing there.

My reasons:

1) More post deletions -- a lot more -- have been happening in the atheist forum than in the religious fora, even though they've had some there as well -- most of the posts deleted in both places have been by atheists.

2) In the few threads that some of the old crew are still posting to, someone is meticulously "no" voting every single post by any atheist, regardless of content. This is happening even when no theist is present in the discussion. But it's mostly only one "no" per post, leading me to suspect a single operator.

3) We all know that Amazon rarely, if ever, actually reviews any complaints or comments, as witness their consistent response of either nothing; or a form letter referencing a generic document that explains nothing. However, we do know that when they receive complaints of "abuse" they frequently react by deleting the post reported -- often, I think, without actually reading it. (I've recently had posts deleted that were nothing more than neutral responses to questions asked in a prior post, or pointers to this forum.)

4) Posts in other non-religions fora don't seem to have experienced purges. A few deleted posts -- like you'll find in any of the fora -- but no wholesale wiping out of 75% of a thread. "Philosophy", "Science", and "Classical Music", for example, all seem to be 90% intact. This suggests a focus on the atheism and religion groups.

5) This one's more shaky, but I suspect Gob, or one of a few others who were banned a couple of weeks prior to the actual purge. We know that Gob has reappeared under new identities a number of times, and was also one of the most obsessive non-atheist posters in the atheist forum, as well as one of the nastiest. I wouldn't put it past him to be getting his jollies by reporting every atheist post he thinks there might even be a snowball's chance of labeling "spiteful".

More than one can play at that last game, of course, but I haven't decided exactly who is a worthy target. Yet.

Socks like your "Gob" get their heads pinched in short order, around here. Sometimes before the people who like to chew on that sort even get to them. Then the carcass gets kicked around in the "Ban Commentary Thread" for awhile, and the head gets used as a football by some. Laughat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
03-03-2017, 08:37 PM
(03-03-2017 07:58 PM)Dr H Wrote:  someone is meticulously "no" voting every single post by any atheist,

Post "no" voting. Laughat

I'm surprised you all lasted there as long as you did. I haven't seen an interface like that since the usenet days.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
03-03-2017, 08:40 PM
(03-03-2017 08:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-03-2017 07:58 PM)Dr H Wrote:  someone is meticulously "no" voting every single post by any atheist,

I'm surprised you all lasted there as long as you did. I haven't seen an interface like that since the usenet days.

Dislike

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
03-03-2017, 09:52 PM
(03-03-2017 07:52 PM)Fireball Wrote:  How many Brownie Points does Dorsie get for referring members? Advance scouts live a dangerous life! Big Grin

I'll give her the entire pan.
[+] 2 users Like Mary L. Mand's post
03-03-2017, 09:53 PM
(03-03-2017 08:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

I spent a lot of time on usenet.

At least there you couldn't be banned -- at least in the alt groups -- unless someone could convince a sysadmin to block your posts. Did happen, but it was pretty rare; you had to be an exceptionally big, persistent, and obnoxious buttwipe to get banned.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post
03-03-2017, 09:54 PM
(03-03-2017 06:46 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(03-03-2017 06:44 PM)Mary L. Mand Wrote:  Yes, I'm new here, but I've known those two for years and consider them friends.

Me thinks Girly said "extreme vetting" tongue in cheek....

No worries then.
[+] 1 user Likes Mary L. Mand's post
03-03-2017, 09:55 PM
(03-03-2017 06:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-03-2017 06:44 PM)Mary L. Mand Wrote:  Yes, I'm new here, but I've known those two for years and consider them friends.

That's exactly what I would expect a co-conspirator to say.

I have a price, it involves chocolate.
03-03-2017, 09:57 PM
(03-03-2017 09:54 PM)Mary L. Mand Wrote:  
(03-03-2017 06:46 PM)Dom Wrote:  Me thinks Girly said "extreme vetting" tongue in cheek....

No worries then.

Girly probably has an extensive dossier on all of you already. Drinking Beverage

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
03-03-2017, 10:12 PM
(03-03-2017 07:03 PM)Dorsie Wrote:  
(03-03-2017 09:19 AM)M. Linoge Wrote:  That happened to me as well. Being booted wasn't enough, now they add insult to injury. I may have gone too far in my reply to that e-mail.

Looks like they zapped Wolf as well. The forum is finished.

Wolf being banned, more than anyone else, convinces me that the purge has been targeted against atheists, even though some trolls were zapped, possibly to cover the tracks.

And Pooh P Pantz is still there, posting at an empty forum. Maybe I should jump on the Amazon ban wagon and tell PPP to stick it up his nether aperture, sideways, in the key of C sharp. If nothing else, it would feel wonderful. Tongue

Please do! I'd pay to see that.

LastWord seems to still be there, somewhere. I'm not chasing him down.
[+] 1 user Likes Mary L. Mand's post
03-03-2017, 10:23 PM
(03-03-2017 08:20 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(03-03-2017 07:58 PM)Dr H Wrote:  I've begun to suspect a possible vendetta of "abuse" reports by one of the more OCD theists.
I even have one in mind, although I admit I'm just guessing there.

My reasons:

1) More post deletions -- a lot more -- have been happening in the atheist forum than in the religious fora, even though they've had some there as well -- most of the posts deleted in both places have been by atheists.

2) In the few threads that some of the old crew are still posting to, someone is meticulously "no" voting every single post by any atheist, regardless of content. This is happening even when no theist is present in the discussion. But it's mostly only one "no" per post, leading me to suspect a single operator.

3) We all know that Amazon rarely, if ever, actually reviews any complaints or comments, as witness their consistent response of either nothing; or a form letter referencing a generic document that explains nothing. However, we do know that when they receive complaints of "abuse" they frequently react by deleting the post reported -- often, I think, without actually reading it. (I've recently had posts deleted that were nothing more than neutral responses to questions asked in a prior post, or pointers to this forum.)

4) Posts in other non-religions fora don't seem to have experienced purges. A few deleted posts -- like you'll find in any of the fora -- but no wholesale wiping out of 75% of a thread. "Philosophy", "Science", and "Classical Music", for example, all seem to be 90% intact. This suggests a focus on the atheism and religion groups.

5) This one's more shaky, but I suspect Gob, or one of a few others who were banned a couple of weeks prior to the actual purge. We know that Gob has reappeared under new identities a number of times, and was also one of the most obsessive non-atheist posters in the atheist forum, as well as one of the nastiest. I wouldn't put it past him to be getting his jollies by reporting every atheist post he thinks there might even be a snowball's chance of labeling "spiteful".

More than one can play at that last game, of course, but I haven't decided exactly who is a worthy target. Yet.

Socks like your "Gob" get their heads pinched in short order, around here. Sometimes before the people who like to chew on that sort even get to them. Then the carcass gets kicked around in the "Ban Commentary Thread" for awhile, and the head gets used as a football by some. Laughat

Something else I'd pay to see. "goblueresurrection" was it's last used nick. I called it "the goblin," Rachel used "gobblegobble."