Amazon Refugee Roll Call

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2017, 03:55 PM
RE: Amazon Refugee Roll Call
(22-02-2017 03:24 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I think we need to set up a checkpoint, you know, just in case. Big Grin

[Image: -1x-1.jpg]

Oh god, next you'll want to build a wall!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Emma's post
22-02-2017, 06:24 PM
(22-02-2017 10:19 AM)Aliza Wrote:  I see so many new people here that I’m having trouble keeping track of who is who. I know ASH, Mary L. Mand, Dorsie, Irish Lace, Dr. H and Klapaucius have jumped on the raft to safety. Who else is from Amazon? Are they closing down all the forums or just the atheist ones?

Welcome to any refugees who I haven't bumped into yet. Smile

Many of us think they want to dump all the fora. The're definitely cracking down on the Atheist fora. All of one person's posts removed (lingo for this is "raptured."); no explanations are given. I got a notice that one of my posts was removed because it was "spiteful" and violated guidelines, but wasn't told which post; this is SOP.

The biggest violator was a troll they let go on for years. His specialty was harassing atheists. He could go on for pages, nastily responding to every post. I kept him on ignore.

BTW. I don't know who Klapaucius is, but I consider the others you listed my friends.
[+] 3 users Like Mary L. Mand's post
22-02-2017, 06:27 PM
(22-02-2017 10:28 AM)ukatheist Wrote:  
(22-02-2017 10:19 AM)Aliza Wrote:  I see so many new people here that I’m having trouble keeping track of who is who. I know ASH, Mary L. Mand, Dorsie, Irish Lace, Dr. H and Klapaucius have jumped on the raft to safety. Who else is from Amazon? Are they closing down all the forums or just the atheist ones?

Great idea, setting up a register for 'em. Gotta keep tabs on 'em. Bloody amazonians, coming over here and taking our forum. What if they don't want to integrate? We need a (fire) wall, I tell yah.

Oh, we're not that bad. We don't bite...but we do bite back.
[+] 4 users Like Mary L. Mand's post
22-02-2017, 06:29 PM
(22-02-2017 12:39 PM)kim Wrote:  Good - Thank you, Aliza - I need this. Thumbsup

I try to economize because I'm on my tablet and it's hella pain writing all these welcomes with a freakin' stylus. And, oh yea, I'm fucking lazy. Shy

Welcome Amazonian refugees! Let this thread be your Ellis Island. Smile

Thank you.
[+] 1 user Likes Mary L. Mand's post
22-02-2017, 06:32 PM
Looks like there are many Amazonians here. I'm an infrequent poster here as I don't generally have time to be on two forums and I more regularly post at atheistforums.org. But there are many of us who post at both sites while predominantly posting on one or the other.

Atheist forums.org is down for repairs and has been for a couple of days. Thanks for taking my lot on too, tta.

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
[+] 6 users Like whateverist's post
22-02-2017, 06:32 PM
(22-02-2017 01:41 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  It's so cool that so many Amazonians have come here. I feel like we should have a big ol party for them. Big Grin

[Image: goa-beach-party.jpg]

Please do!
[+] 1 user Likes Mary L. Mand's post
22-02-2017, 06:36 PM
(22-02-2017 06:24 PM)Mary L. Mand Wrote:  

Many of us think they want to dump all the fora. The're definitely cracking down on the Atheist fora. All of one person's posts removed (lingo for this is "raptured."); no explanations are given. I got a notice that one of my posts was removed because it was "spiteful" and violated guidelines, but wasn't told which post; this is SOP.

The biggest violator was a troll they let go on for years. His specialty was harassing atheists. He could go on for pages, nastily responding to every post. I kept him on ignore.

BTW. I don't know who Klapaucius is, but I consider the others you listed my friends.

Klapaucius was known as SinSeeker on your former forum.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
22-02-2017, 06:40 PM
(22-02-2017 10:28 AM)ukatheist Wrote:  

Great idea, setting up a register for 'em. Gotta keep tabs on 'em. Bloody amazonians, coming over here and taking our forum. What if they don't want to integrate? We need a (fire) wall, I tell yah.

We're here to take the jobs that Americans won't do.

Will I need to show my Green Card?

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 4 users Like Dr H's post
22-02-2017, 07:29 PM
(22-02-2017 06:40 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(22-02-2017 10:28 AM)ukatheist Wrote:  Great idea, setting up a register for 'em. Gotta keep tabs on 'em. Bloody amazonians, coming over here and taking our forum. What if they don't want to integrate? We need a (fire) wall, I tell yah.

We're here to take the jobs that Americans won't do.

Will I need to show my Green Card?

We appreciate that you pay your taxes but apparently the orange one wants to take an additional cut from what you send home too. Sorry about that.

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
[+] 2 users Like whateverist's post
22-02-2017, 07:35 PM
(22-02-2017 06:32 PM)whateverist Wrote:  Looks like there are many Amazonians here. I'm an infrequent poster here as I don't generally have time to be on two forums and I more regularly post at atheistforums.org. But there are many of us who post at both sites while predominantly posting on one or the other.

Atheist forums.org is down for repairs and has been for a couple of days. Thanks for taking my lot on too, tta.

I'm not having any trouble with logging in over there, though I spend less time there than here. You are welcome anytime, Mr Mathematician! Thumbsup

The Amazonians are a recent influx, which I welcome. The more the merrier, I always say...as long as they are rational, that is. Big Grin Those who aren't won't enjoy their stay much. No Unless they are trolls, and we have some people with a hammer akin to Mjolnir, and aren't afraid to use it. Laughat
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post