Amazon Refugee Roll Call

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2017, 04:45 PM
RE: Amazon Refugee Roll Call
(04-03-2017 06:51 AM)S. Friedman Wrote:  
(03-03-2017 03:38 PM)Mary L. Mand Wrote:  I haven't been kicked off...yet. I'm starting to think of it as a badge of honor.

Yeah, I'm still alive there but am afraid to post. It's like they put up a sign that says 'beware of invisible dog'. Or maybe nothing like that. It's early - need coffee.

I'm getting more disinclined to post due to, "What's the use?" There is some interest in watching the ship go down.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2017, 04:49 PM
(04-03-2017 07:01 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(03-03-2017 07:58 PM)Dr H Wrote:  3) We all know that Amazon rarely, if ever, actually reviews any complaints or comments, as witness their consistent response of either nothing; or a form letter referencing a generic document that explains nothing. However, we do know that when they receive complaints of "abuse" they frequently react by deleting the post reported -- often, I think, without actually reading it. (I've recently had posts deleted that were nothing more than neutral responses to questions asked in a prior post, or pointers to this forum.)

Forum admin actions need to be transparent, and admin needs to be a presence in the forum, someone you can get to know and chat with. That way you can soon make your own informed decision as to whether you want to stay or not.

Here, bannings and the reasons for them are published (btw. "cock pimple" is an in-joke and originated with a phone changing input several times in a row - it was supposed to read sock puppet. Sock puppets are second accounts and we do not allow them.)

We had socks, too.
04-03-2017, 05:24 PM
Some of our socks are so stinky and obvious that they get banned within hours of restarting their little games. Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
04-03-2017, 08:05 PM
Please update the forum's age demographic to prove you are not dead yet. Thank you. And God bless.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
04-03-2017, 08:20 PM
(04-03-2017 08:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Please update the forum's age demographic to prove you are not dead yet. Thank you. And God bless.

That poll really needs to use date of birth, not age.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
04-03-2017, 09:27 PM
(24-02-2017 06:25 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(24-02-2017 10:31 AM)Bubba Wrote:  I am also Bubba on the Amazon forums and am a refugee from there,

I am an atheist with an apatheist leaning, which essentially means that I believe that the existence of god(s) is irrelevant.

That's fucking stupid.

Not really: check out Wikipedia: Apatheism (/ˌæpəˈθiːɪzəm/ a portmanteau of apathy and theism) is the philosophical view that one should be apathetic towards the existence or non-existence of god(s). It is more of an attitude rather than a belief, claim or belief system.[1][2]

An apatheist is someone who is not interested in accepting or rejecting any claims that gods exist or do not exist. An apatheist lives as if there are no gods. The existence of god(s) is not rejected, but may be designated irrelevant.[3]

My bold.

Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.
Robert himself
[+] 2 users Like Ro3bert's post
04-03-2017, 10:03 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2017 10:09 PM by cactus.)
The need to feel correct only makes sense to me in the context of a narrative like the modern-day understanding of "Hell", which threatens people for not feeling correct enough about things that can't be verified. Gawd, what an obvious tactic. Who buys that shit, I mean really... Laugh out load

So yeah, the existence of a god is definitely irrelevant to me as well. The existence of such a thing would hold entertainment value for me, but not much else.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
05-03-2017, 12:52 AM
(04-03-2017 08:19 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(04-03-2017 08:04 AM)Dorsie Wrote:  Oooh, my first thread. Would General Discussions be a good place? Maybe call it "Current News of Concern to Atheists." I'll start it tomorrow. Thanks for the encouragement. Smile

I would put it under world news, and the title sounds cool.

I know I promised a news thread today, but instead I fell and sprained my ankle.
Sadcryface2
At least I think it's just sprained. I can hobble with a cane and move it around, albeit with PAIN! I will be at an ER tomorrow. Shit. Sad

Ahh, it's nice to be in a forum where I can use the proper word for the situation.
[+] 3 users Like Dorsie's post
05-03-2017, 01:06 AM
At work.

(05-03-2017 12:52 AM)Dorsie Wrote:  
(04-03-2017 08:19 AM)Dom Wrote:  I would put it under world news, and the title sounds cool.

I know I promised a news thread today, but instead I fell and sprained my ankle.
Sadcryface2
At least I think it's just sprained. I can hobble with a cane and move it around, albeit with PAIN! I will be at an ER tomorrow. Shit. Sad

Ahh, it's nice to be in a forum where I can use the proper word for the situation.

:ohnoes:

Sadcryface

Hug

Heart
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
05-03-2017, 01:09 AM
(05-03-2017 12:52 AM)Dorsie Wrote:  
(04-03-2017 08:19 AM)Dom Wrote:  I would put it under world news, and the title sounds cool.

Sadcryface2

Hope your ankle feels better!

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post