Amazon Refugee Roll Call

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2017, 07:38 PM
RE: Amazon Refugee Roll Call
(22-02-2017 06:40 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(22-02-2017 10:28 AM)ukatheist Wrote:  Great idea, setting up a register for 'em. Gotta keep tabs on 'em. Bloody amazonians, coming over here and taking our forum. What if they don't want to integrate? We need a (fire) wall, I tell yah.

We're here to take the jobs that Americans won't do.

Will I need to show my Green Card?

You don't need a green card unless you're from a different planet, in this forum. Hmmm...I have some candidates in mind. Some of the posters here do appear to be from a different planet. Facepalm
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2017, 08:04 PM
Quote:Atheist forums.org is down for repairs and has been for a couple of days. Thanks for taking my lot on too, tta.

No it isn't. Clear you cache and try it again.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
22-02-2017, 08:56 PM
(22-02-2017 07:35 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(22-02-2017 06:32 PM)whateverist Wrote:  Looks like there are many Amazonians here. I'm an infrequent poster here as I don't generally have time to be on two forums and I more regularly post at atheistforums.org. But there are many of us who post at both sites while predominantly posting on one or the other.

Atheist forums.org is down for repairs and has been for a couple of days. Thanks for taking my lot on too, tta.

I'm not having any trouble with logging in over there, though I spend less time there than here. You are welcome anytime, Mr Mathematician! Thumbsup

The Amazonians are a recent influx, which I welcome. The more the merrier, I always say...as long as they are rational, that is. Big Grin Those who aren't won't enjoy their stay much. No Unless they are trolls, and we have some people with a hammer akin to Mjolnir, and aren't afraid to use it. Laughat

[attachment=3657]

"Old men make old words holy. - A fool may scrawl on a slate and if no one has the wit to wipe it clean for a thousand years the scrawl becomes the wisdom of ages."

Honorous J. Ancrath
[+] 5 users Like M. Linoge's post
22-02-2017, 09:37 PM
(22-02-2017 08:56 PM)M. Linoge Wrote:  
(22-02-2017 07:35 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I'm not having any trouble with logging in over there, though I spend less time there than here. You are welcome anytime, Mr Mathematician! Thumbsup

The Amazonians are a recent influx, which I welcome. The more the merrier, I always say...as long as they are rational, that is. Big Grin Those who aren't won't enjoy their stay much. No Unless they are trolls, and we have some people with a hammer akin to Mjolnir, and aren't afraid to use it. Laughat

Oh, shit, that is some funny stuff, right there! Laugh out load
22-02-2017, 10:57 PM
(22-02-2017 03:55 PM)Emma Wrote:  
(22-02-2017 03:24 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I think we need to set up a checkpoint, you know, just in case. Big Grin

[Image: -1x-1.jpg]

Oh god, next you'll want to build a wall!

I am a general contractor after all Cool

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
22-02-2017, 11:30 PM
(22-02-2017 06:24 PM)Mary L. Mand Wrote:  Many of us think they want to dump all the fora. The're definitely cracking down on the Atheist fora. All of one person's posts removed (lingo for this is "raptured."); no explanations are given. I got a notice that one of my posts was removed because it was "spiteful" and violated guidelines, but wasn't told which post; this is SOP.

The biggest violator was a troll they let go on for years. His specialty was harassing atheists. He could go on for pages, nastily responding to every post. I kept him on ignore.

BTW. I don't know who Klapaucius is, but I consider the others you listed my friends.

That's horrible. Sounds like the place was overtaken by incompetent moderators. Consider

Or ... maybe, they suddenly decided this is a christee nation. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
22-02-2017, 11:44 PM
(22-02-2017 06:24 PM)Mary L. Mand Wrote:  
(22-02-2017 10:19 AM)Aliza Wrote:  I see so many new people here that I’m having trouble keeping track of who is who. I know ASH, Mary L. Mand, Dorsie, Irish Lace, Dr. H and Klapaucius have jumped on the raft to safety. Who else is from Amazon? Are they closing down all the forums or just the atheist ones?

Welcome to any refugees who I haven't bumped into yet. Smile

Many of us think they want to dump all the fora. The're definitely cracking down on the Atheist fora. All of one person's posts removed (lingo for this is "raptured."); no explanations are given. I got a notice that one of my posts was removed because it was "spiteful" and violated guidelines, but wasn't told which post; this is SOP.

The biggest violator was a troll they let go on for years. His specialty was harassing atheists. He could go on for pages, nastily responding to every post. I kept him on ignore.

BTW. I don't know who Klapaucius is, but I consider the others you listed my friends.

Well, we don't have many rules here. Your posts won't get deleted except for limited reasons.

The rest of our rules are pretty straight forward. No sock puppets and no shitting on the rug.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
23-02-2017, 01:26 AM (This post was last modified: 23-02-2017 02:56 AM by Dorsie.)
(22-02-2017 07:38 PM)Fireball Wrote:  You don't need a green card unless you're from a different planet, in this forum. Hmmm...I have some candidates in mind. Some of the posters here do appear to be from a different planet. Facepalm

I am definitely a citizen of the global atheist nation, so I shouldn't require a green card.

But I may require training wheels.Blush I've never used a forum outside of very backward Amazon ones, so I don't know any of the more advanced (aka normal) post and attachment formatting tools. I'm reading up on them, but may make some errors while learning. I humbly ask for your indulgence, corrections, and advice.

One thing I can't find in forum usage sites is an explanation of [COLLAPSED] as it appears to be use in this forum. I would be very grateful for a short summary of how to use it. Thanks in advance for any help. Big Grin

Edit to add: I think I found the answer to my question about collapsing, but I will test it in my own introduction thread to avoid further OT material here. Shy
23-02-2017, 05:33 AM
(22-02-2017 06:32 PM)whateverist Wrote:  Atheist forums.org is down for repairs and has been for a couple of days. Thanks for taking my lot on too, tta.

I was wondering where you had been. There isn't anything wrong with af.org. Problem must be at your end.

Frankie de la Cunto
23-02-2017, 05:40 AM
There is a story here that I'm missing. Somebody want to fill me in on what is going on?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]