Amazon Refugee Roll Call

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2017, 05:08 PM (This post was last modified: 15-03-2017 05:13 PM by Gwaithmir.)
RE: Amazon Refugee Roll Call
(15-03-2017 04:40 PM)Mary L. Mand Wrote:  
(15-03-2017 02:09 PM)Eliot Rosewater Wrote:  Another refugee clocking in. I didn't post much on Amazon but enjoyed reading the various threads. I was Kilgore trout over there but seems there is a doppelgänger over here.

Hey there, Eliot (nee Kigore.)'

> I enjoyed your posts on the Amazon forums. Glad to see you here. Smile

> Oops! Blink I was responding to Eliot's post.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post
15-03-2017, 05:10 PM
(15-03-2017 02:09 PM)Eliot Rosewater Wrote:  Another refugee clocking in. I didn't post much on Amazon but enjoyed reading the various threads. I was Kilgore trout over there but seems there is a doppelgänger over here.

> I enjoyed reading your posts on the Amazon forums. Glad to see you here. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
15-03-2017, 05:37 PM
Amazon Refugee Roll Call

That finally answered my question about which Kilgore Trout you were: the Vonnegut or the Farmer. Another mystery of the Interwebz solved!
[+] 1 user Likes Rachel's post
15-03-2017, 06:09 PM
(15-03-2017 04:28 PM)Mary L. Mand Wrote:  
(15-03-2017 08:40 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  MLM, if you want to read some really fucked up shit read Lord Steven Christ http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...3dc88eb26e
my favorite, all-time, bat-shit crazy Poe. Hobo

Enjoy and let me now what you think when you get to post #110 (here’s a short cut)
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...st?page=11

I stopped trying to read #110. Totally bat shit crazy.

I used to work in a building with a store called, "The Nut Farm." Looks like it followed me.

Is it wrong of me to miss him? Consider

Tongue

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
15-03-2017, 06:14 PM (This post was last modified: 15-03-2017 09:46 PM by DLJ.)
(15-03-2017 06:09 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(15-03-2017 04:28 PM)Mary L. Mand Wrote:  I stopped trying to read #110. Totally bat shit crazy.

I used to work in a building with a store called, "The Nut Farm." Looks like it followed me.

Is it wrong of me to miss him? Consider

Tongue

Probably, but don't quote me.
[+] 1 user Likes Mary L. Mand's post
15-03-2017, 06:51 PM
I probably don't count as an Amazon refugee, since I posted only rarely there. But I'm here because I saw it mentioned there. So now I will post only rarely here, I guess. My resume: atheist, physicist professionally, science fiction writer very unprofessionally.
[+] 8 users Like John Derderian's post
15-03-2017, 08:10 PM
zoltan is here

"I wouldn't have had I been able."--- Anon
[+] 2 users Like zoltan's post
15-03-2017, 08:20 PM
(15-03-2017 01:54 PM)Dr H Wrote:  Mickey isn't THAT crazy. Actually, he's not crazy at all, just obsessively/compulsively tedious on the subject of his agnosticism, which he defines a bit differently from <ahem> most people. Wink

It would be ironic if, now that we are away from the trolls, we miss them Gasp

confusion != agnosticism .
atheism != a positive declaration that there is no god .
knowledge != belief .

Ah, the memories Facepalm
[+] 2 users Like Happy Skeptic's post
15-03-2017, 08:31 PM
(15-03-2017 08:20 PM)Happy Skeptic Wrote:  It would be ironic if, now that we are away from the trolls, we miss them

I will not miss the Amazon trolls. They wasted too much of our time as it was.
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
15-03-2017, 09:35 PM
(15-03-2017 06:51 PM)John Derderian Wrote:  I probably don't count as an Amazon refugee, since I posted only rarely there. But I'm here because I saw it mentioned there. So now I will post only rarely here, I guess. My resume: atheist, physicist professionally, science fiction writer very unprofessionally.

Welcome! Another physicist! What did you do with your training? I spent about 10 years in antennas and propagation, and the rest in missile defense and MILSATCOM. There was a brief excursion into plasma isotope separation. Thumbsup
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post