Amazon Refugee Roll Call

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-02-2017, 05:49 AM
RE: Amazon Refugee Roll Call
(23-02-2017 05:40 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  There is a story here that I'm missing. Somebody want to fill me in on what is going on?

Apparently, Amazon has forums as well as a large assortment of cheap shit. Apparently in said forums is an Atheist section. Said Atheist section is run by power hungry theists who get offended by someone offering so much as slightly critical point of view or opinion regarding religion. On an Atheist forum... Said Nazi mods have been banning people left right and centre, good Atheist citizens, without actually giving much of a reason. When people are banned all presence of them on the forum is removed, so posts, threads, everything. So, seeing how green our grass is they've all exodus-ed over to us to avoid tyrannical theistical prosecution.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like earmuffs's post
23-02-2017, 06:06 AM
Earmuffs: "There is a story here that I'm missing. Somebody want to fill me in on what is going on?"

EvolutionKills: "Apparently, Amazon has forums as well as a large assortment of cheap shit. Apparently in said forums is an Atheist section. Said Atheist section is run by power hungry theists who get offended by someone offering so much as slightly critical point of view or opinion regarding religion. On an Atheist forum... Said Nazi mods have been banning people left right and centre, good Atheist citizens, without actually giving much of a reason. When people are banned all presence of them on the forum is removed, so posts, threads, everything. So, seeing how green our grass is they've all exodus-ed over to us to avoid tyrannical theistical prosecution."

> I was banned for posting the following, which Amazon moderators believe violates the spirit of an atheist forum and violates their guidelines:

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully." (Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion)

> Go figure! Dodgy
[+] 7 users Like Gwaithmir's post
23-02-2017, 06:19 AM
(23-02-2017 06:06 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  Earmuffs: "There is a story here that I'm missing. Somebody want to fill me in on what is going on?"

> I was banned for posting the following, which Amazon moderators believe violates the spirit of an atheist forum and violates their guidelines:

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully." (Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion)

> Go figure! Dodgy

Quoting an atheist author on an atheist forum for discussing atheist literature.

Seriously Gwaithmir, what were you thinking!? Shocking
[+] 4 users Like M. Linoge's post
23-02-2017, 07:17 AM
(23-02-2017 01:26 AM)Dorsie Wrote:  One thing I can't find in forum usage sites is an explanation of [COLLAPSED] as it appears to be use in this forum. I would be very grateful for a short summary of how to use it. Thanks in advance for any help. Big Grin

Edit to add: I think I found the answer to my question about collapsing, but I will test it in my own introduction thread to avoid further OT material here. Shy

No need to be shy. This is a forum for atheists -- we encourage questioning.

[collapsed] is automatic when you quote a long post so you don't have to do anything to use it. If a reader clicks on the [collapsed] section it will be expanded.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
23-02-2017, 07:21 AM
(23-02-2017 01:26 AM)Dorsie Wrote:  I am definitely a citizen of the global atheist nation, so I shouldn't require a green card.

I'm gonna need a swab from your cheek.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
23-02-2017, 12:59 PM
Hi. I just got here. Still need to figure out the layout and how to navigate.
[+] 3 users Like S. Friedman's post
23-02-2017, 01:08 PM
(23-02-2017 12:59 PM)S. Friedman Wrote:  Hi. I just got here. Still need to figure out the layout and how to navigate.

Welcome!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
23-02-2017, 01:37 PM
(22-02-2017 06:24 PM)Mary L. Mand Wrote:  BTW. I don't know who Klapaucius is, but I consider the others you listed my friends.

Hi, Mary. I was formerly SinSeeker. Just like Gandalf the Grey becoming Gandalf the White, I decided that the Mamazon Rapture was a good opportunity for a name change. Smile
23-02-2017, 01:42 PM
(23-02-2017 12:59 PM)S. Friedman Wrote:  Hi. I just got here. Still need to figure out the layout and how to navigate.

Welcome! Feel free to jump right into a discussion or start a topic of your own. Smile
23-02-2017, 01:43 PM
(22-02-2017 10:19 AM)Aliza Wrote:  I see so many new people here that I’m having trouble keeping track of who is who. I know ASH, Mary L. Mand, Dorsie, Irish Lace, Dr. H and Klapaucius have jumped on the raft to safety. Who else is from Amazon? Are they closing down all the forums or just the atheist ones?

Welcome to any refugees who I haven't bumped into yet. Smile

Amazon has forums?

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."