Amazon Refugee Roll Call

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2017, 06:49 PM
RE: Amazon Refugee Roll Call
(24-03-2017 04:35 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 08:07 AM)Django UnHinged Wrote:  I find that hard to believe. Wink

Dunno . . . Szuchow's a pretty fierce debater.
I'm enjoying the challenge, though. Wink

I can agree with fierce (which isn't necessarily a good thing) but only communist thing about me is my cat avatar.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
24-03-2017, 07:40 PM
(24-03-2017 06:40 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > Honey Booboo was lampooned on South Park a while ago. I assumed she was a fictitious character.

Some real people are more fictitious than others.

Hobo
[+] 3 users Like Thoreauvian's post
24-03-2017, 09:11 PM
(24-03-2017 06:40 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 08:50 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I couldn't help it, I looked omg ghastly just ghastlyShocking

> Honey Booboo was lampooned on South Park a while ago. I assumed she was a fictitious character.

Hey, it's the US. TV Programming here is why I watch about .3 minutes of commercials and no "regular programming" per week. I can't avoid that .3 minutes, as it occurs when I walk through the family room on my way to the garage on my way to do all the things I have to do to keep the household running. Dodgy I didn't even own a TV before I got married!
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
06-04-2017, 01:25 PM
(22-02-2017 10:28 AM)ukatheist Wrote:  
(22-02-2017 10:19 AM)Aliza Wrote:  I see so many new people here that I’m having trouble keeping track of who is who. I know ASH, Mary L. Mand, Dorsie, Irish Lace, Dr. H and Klapaucius have jumped on the raft to safety. Who else is from Amazon? Are they closing down all the forums or just the atheist ones?

Welcome to any refugees who I haven't bumped into yet. Smile
Great idea, setting up a register for 'em. Gotta keep tabs on 'em. Bloody amazonians, coming over here and taking our forum. What if they don't want to integrate? We need a (fire) wall, I tell yah.

Perhaps just tag them and return them to the forums?

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
[+] 3 users Like whateverist's post
06-04-2017, 04:13 PM
(06-04-2017 01:25 PM)whateverist Wrote:  
(22-02-2017 10:28 AM)ukatheist Wrote:  Great idea, setting up a register for 'em. Gotta keep tabs on 'em. Bloody amazonians, coming over here and taking our forum. What if they don't want to integrate? We need a (fire) wall, I tell yah.

Perhaps just tag them and return them to the forums?

Perhaps not a bad idea. Some of my fellow emigrées appear to be dragging their feet about moving, and/or still slumming over there. Consider

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 3 users Like Dr H's post
06-04-2017, 04:21 PM
(06-04-2017 04:13 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(06-04-2017 01:25 PM)whateverist Wrote:  Perhaps just tag them and return them to the forums?

Perhaps not a bad idea. Some of my fellow emigrées appear to be dragging their feet about moving, and/or still slumming over there. Consider

Tell them we have cookies.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
06-04-2017, 04:52 PM
(06-04-2017 04:13 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(06-04-2017 01:25 PM)whateverist Wrote:  Perhaps just tag them and return them to the forums?

Inertia. They'll come over soon enough, once they see what a great place this is. Plus, they've got some people on point to run interference for them. Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
06-04-2017, 07:35 PM
(06-04-2017 04:13 PM)Dr H Wrote:  Some of my fellow emigrées appear to be dragging their feet about moving, and/or still slumming over there. Consider

You would think they'd all be sick of the trolls by now.

Frusty

Argue

Bangin
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
06-04-2017, 07:54 PM
I'm still on the Big River fora and am not willing to leave a trail for most of those still there.
[+] 1 user Likes Mary L. Mand's post
07-04-2017, 12:57 PM
(06-04-2017 07:54 PM)Mary L. Mand Wrote:  I'm still on the Big River fora and am not willing to leave a trail for most of those still there.

I noticed that Larry seems to have come into his own, now that most of the rest of us are gone. Rolleyes

But... did I hear someone say cookies ? Drooling

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 4 users Like Dr H's post