Amazon Refugee Roll Call

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2017, 08:52 PM
RE: Amazon Refugee Roll Call
(07-04-2017 12:57 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(06-04-2017 07:54 PM)Mary L. Mand Wrote:  I'm still on the Big River fora and am not willing to leave a trail for most of those still there.

I noticed that Larry seems to have come into his own, now that most of the rest of us are gone. Rolleyes

But... did I hear someone say cookies ? Drooling

Sorry I took so long to answer; I've been better.

Yeah, LWL doesn't have a bunch of dissenters to hassle with anymore. I think that's going to wear thin for him.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Mary L. Mand's post
12-04-2017, 02:49 PM
(24-03-2017 06:49 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  I can agree with fierce (which isn't necessarily a good thing) but only communist thing about me is my cat avatar.

Ok, I was wondering about that.

Chairman Meow? Smile

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 5 users Like Dr H's post
13-04-2017, 04:26 AM
(12-04-2017 02:49 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 06:49 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  I can agree with fierce (which isn't necessarily a good thing) but only communist thing about me is my cat avatar.

Ok, I was wondering about that.

Chairman Meow? Smile
About my political view? I dislike "communism" as it was practiced in Soviet bloc and I don't see it as something worthy of pursuing going by Walicki and Kołakowski books about marxism and marxism-leninism.

Edit: Bakunin had it right. Marx idea had seeds of totalitarianism in it (Kołakowski, "Main currents of Marxism").

Cat is Lenin cat, not Mao.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post
13-04-2017, 07:44 AM
Haven't visited for a while, how are things going in the amazon ghetto thread ? Tongue Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
13-04-2017, 04:20 PM
(13-04-2017 04:26 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  About my political view? I dislike "communism" as it was practiced in Soviet bloc and I don't see it as something worthy of pursuing going by Walicki and Kołakowski books about marxism and marxism-leninism.
Do you favor a more "pure" form of communism -- ie., not ML?
Or do you reject any form of communism?

Quote:Edit: Bakunin had it right. Marx idea had seeds of totalitarianism in it (Kołakowski, "Main currents of Marxism").
And Bakunin, of course, is an anarchist icon.

Quote:Cat is Lenin cat, not Mao.
Heh, OK, I beg you pardon.
Either way, I like it. Yes

--
Dr H

[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post
13-04-2017, 04:21 PM
(13-04-2017 07:44 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Haven't visited for a while, how are things going in the amazon ghetto thread ? Tongue Big Grin

Well, I'm wondering if we're in the running for the longest running intro thread, ever, yet? Smile

--
Dr H

[+] 2 users Like Dr H's post
13-04-2017, 08:16 PM
(13-04-2017 04:21 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(13-04-2017 07:44 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Haven't visited for a while, how are things going in the amazon ghetto thread ? Tongue Big Grin

Well, I'm wondering if we're in the running for the longest running intro thread, ever, yet? Smile

Some of us are hard-headed stayers, and haven't been banned yet.
[+] 1 user Likes Mary L. Mand's post
13-04-2017, 08:19 PM
(13-04-2017 08:16 PM)Mary L. Mand Wrote:  
(13-04-2017 04:21 PM)Dr H Wrote:  Well, I'm wondering if we're in the running for the longest running intro thread, ever, yet? Smile

I think the ShowUsYourGonads thread has that record.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
13-04-2017, 08:19 PM
Actually there is a longer intro thread also, somewhere, closed. It's from when the forum was smaller, and eventually it got too unwieldy. Now we do mostly individual posts, that way it's easier to find someone.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
13-04-2017, 08:23 PM
(13-04-2017 08:16 PM)Mary L. Mand Wrote:  
(13-04-2017 04:21 PM)Dr H Wrote:  Well, I'm wondering if we're in the running for the longest running intro thread, ever, yet? Smile

I try to drop in just enough to keep as few of the more smarmy theists on their toes. But really, most of the action is over here in TTA, these days.

Although judging by the unpopularity of my political position, I may get banned from here before Amazon decides to drop the axe.

I guess time will tell. Consider

--
Dr H

[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post