Amazon Refugee Roll Call

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-04-2017, 08:24 PM
RE: Amazon Refugee Roll Call
(13-04-2017 08:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I think the ShowUsYourGonads thread has that record.

ROTFL! Big Grin

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post
13-04-2017, 08:32 PM
(13-04-2017 08:23 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(13-04-2017 08:16 PM)Mary L. Mand Wrote:  Some of us are hard-headed stayers, and haven't been banned yet.
I try to drop in just enough to keep as few of the more smarmy theists on their toes. But really, most of the action is over here in TTA, these days.

Although judging by the unpopularity of my political position, I may get banned from here before Amazon decides to drop the axe.

I guess time will tell. Consider

Oh, for shit's sake, what are you doing? And where?

BTW, I called Crapiche a liar today.
[+] 1 user Likes Mary L. Mand's post
13-04-2017, 09:16 PM

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
13-04-2017, 09:35 PM
(13-04-2017 08:16 PM)Mary L. Mand Wrote:  Some of us are hard-headed stayers, and haven't been banned yet.
I try to drop in just enough to keep as few of the more smarmy theists on their toes. But really, most of the action is over here in TTA, these days.

Although judging by the unpopularity of my political position, I may get banned from here before Amazon decides to drop the axe.

Your political position would never be a reason to ban you Dr H.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
13-04-2017, 09:44 PM

I think that some of what you put here is controversial, and will be argued against. Unless you say something incredibly stupid (which you haven't, IMHO), you'll be fine. Not that this is anything beyond damning with faint praise. Just look around here at some of the idiocy that has been tolerated. Look at Heywood Jahblohme's posts, for example. He posted here for years. Or theBorg. He got many a frequent flier mile with his insanity before he finally got banned. You're going to have to join the people in that clown car to get evicted! Shit, you have a logical mind, and present your case well. You'll get converts, just watch. Thumbsup
13-04-2017, 09:49 PM
(13-04-2017 09:35 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(13-04-2017 08:23 PM)Dr H Wrote:  I try to drop in just enough to keep as few of the more smarmy theists on their toes. But really, most of the action is over here in TTA, these days.

Your political position would never be a reason to ban you Dr H.

That too, from a mod, no less! As an aside to all you people just watching and waiting, just join in. You might have a view or two challenged. What's the pain? It's all just electrons.
13-04-2017, 09:49 PM (This post was last modified: 13-04-2017 09:55 PM by Rachel.)
Amazon Refugee Roll Call
I received a reply from the Amazon moderators a couple of days ago. I had asked for a real person to explain exactly what it was about my posts which made them "spiteful." And apparently it was ALL my posts which were dripping with spite.

Instead of a real person I got their usual canned boilerplate response, where the robot curtly informed me that no further information would be forthcoming. So there it is. No indication of what the transgression was or what post or posts I did this heinous action. No indication of exactly WHO reviewed my posts to extract the spite. There's no indication of what standard this person used to find this elusive spite. And, the best part is: his/her judgment is final. No appeal.

The irritating thing is that my stalker and nemesis, "Macheath," who was banned after I was and managed to weasel his way back in, is crowing about my banning. The man from MA who posts his concern troll shtick nearly daily and likes to stir the pot with his inflammatory rhetoric while sayIng, "Who me," like Eddie Haskell, is still in good standing with the Amazon mods after having been banned, what, some 8 times under various names. Ghaack! I'm reaching for the Pepto-Bismol! There's no justice!

I looked around the forum. There's hardly anyone left. There's a new guy who seems to be a pretty intelligent man who has no patience for fools. There seem to be more surviving trolls than rational people. I'm a bit sad over it all.

Thus it passes.

Ave atque vale, Amazon (with apologies to Catullus)
[+] 2 users Like Rachel's post
13-04-2017, 10:08 PM
(13-04-2017 09:49 PM)Rachel Wrote:  I received a reply from the Amazon moderators a couple of days ago. I had asked for a real person to explain exactly what it was about my posts which made them "spiteful." And apparently it was ALL my posts which were dripping with spite.

Instead of a real person I got their usual canned boilerplate response, where the robot curtly informed me that no further information would be forthcoming. So there it is. No indication of what the transgression was or what post or posts I did this heinous action. No indication of exactly WHO reviewed my posts to extract the spite. There's no indication of what standard this person used to find this elusive spite. And, the best part is: his/her judgment is final. No appeal.

The irritating thing is that my stalker and nemesis, "Macheath," who was banned after I was and managed to weasel his way back in, is crowing about my banning. The man from MA who posts his concern troll shtick nearly daily and likes to stir the pot with his inflammatory rhetoric while sayIng, "Who me," like Eddie Haskell, is still in good standing with the Amazon mods after having been banned, what, some 8 times under various names. Ghaack! I'm reaching for the Pepto-Bismol! There's no justice!

I looked around the forum. There's hardly anyone left. There's a new guy who seems to be a pretty intelligent man who has no patience for fools. There seem to be more surviving trolls than rational people. I'm a bit sad over it all.

Thus it passes.

> I don't bother looking at the forums over there anymore and I've cut my purchases in half. Oddly, I'm still allowed to post product reviews. Consider
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
14-04-2017, 12:37 AM
Amazon Refugee Roll Call
(13-04-2017 10:08 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(13-04-2017 09:49 PM)Rachel Wrote:  I received a reply from the Amazon moderators a couple of days ago. I had asked for a real person to explain exactly what it was about my posts which made them "spiteful." And apparently it was ALL my posts which were dripping with spite.

Thus it passes.

> I don't bother looking at the forums over there anymore and I've cut my purchases in half. Oddly, I'm still allowed to post product reviews. Consider

Today was my last visit over there. The moderator/bot who "responded" mention that s/he/it had "reviewed" my account. Why? Do they give more weight to people who doesn't more? I used to buy a lot from Amazon, but I'm starting to cut down. The problem is that B&N's website is terrible. I tried buying from them for a while. I got 2 of everything I ever bought from them and played hell sending the duplicates back. By contrast, Ammy's customer service is top notch. I'm in a quandary. Why would they show good customers such blatant disrespect?

We found an alternate site for discussions. We should compare notes for alternative, non-B&N sites for books, music, and movies.

PS: I don't get the little Consider thingies on some people's posts. Would you explain?
[+] 2 users Like Rachel's post
14-04-2017, 04:40 AM
(14-04-2017 12:37 AM)Rachel Wrote:  PS: I don't get the little Consider thingies on some people's posts. Would you explain?

What's to explain? Is an emoticon. Text version of a smile, or used to be. After a while people started substituting little images for the text.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post