Amazon Refugee Roll Call

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-04-2017, 10:42 AM
RE: Amazon Refugee Roll Call
(13-04-2017 08:23 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(13-04-2017 08:16 PM)Mary L. Mand Wrote:  Some of us are hard-headed stayers, and haven't been banned yet.
I try to drop in just enough to keep as few of the more smarmy theists on their toes. But really, most of the action is over here in TTA, these days.

Although judging by the unpopularity of my political position, I may get banned from here before Amazon decides to drop the axe.

I guess time will tell. Consider

Oh nooooo! Your political flavors aren't just who you are on this forum -- we do try to look at the whole person as long as you present us with the whole you and not just focus on the political part. And you've thus far, never demanded that the cunt ban you.

Some people can't handle discussion in a real way. Looking through a few of your posts, I don't get that impression of you.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
14-04-2017, 11:08 AM
Amazon Refugee Roll Call
(14-04-2017 09:31 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(14-04-2017 09:16 AM)Rachel Wrote:  The meaning is clear from the text. I'm using Tapatalk from my phone and don't have a cursor.

Actually, in posts the text does not always convey meaning as a conversation would. Nuances and intent are sometimes unclear. The emoticons impart what would normally come from facial expressions , such as mischievous smiles or raised eyebrows etc. We do a lot of banter here, giving humorous answers to dry comments and such. This sort of thing is very easy to misunderstand without facial expressions. They also allow you to get to know personalities, we are a very diverse and large community.

My post was unclear. I was referring to the text between the colons when I see :smile: or Yes or :the guy I'm talking to is mansplaining the obvious: . Presumably this happens because I'm using Tapatalk.
[+] 1 user Likes Rachel's post
14-04-2017, 11:20 AM (This post was last modified: 14-04-2017 11:24 AM by Rachel.)
Amazon Refugee Roll Call
(14-04-2017 10:26 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(14-04-2017 09:16 AM)Rachel Wrote:  Okay. So? The mods are acting as agents for Bezos and thus are representative of the company.

It's an illogical claim that the forum's moderators are acting as "agents" for Jeff Bezos. Regardless, you need to remember that anybody who partakes in—any or all—forums does so as a virtual "guest" of the forum's owner/administrator, and is thereby bound by the terms and conditions that are applied by that owner/administrator. Your personal definition of "fairness" doesn't enter into the argument. Sorry.

There's nothing illogical about my claim. In fact, you're misusing the word "illogical." When Verizon's subcontractors blew out my sewer line, I had Verizon dead to rights even though they were saying that the subcontractors were at fault. The reason was that the subcontractors were acting as Verizon's agents.

Further, I know we agree to the terms and conditions, Captain Obvious. But the rules should be applied evenly and fairly. Saying that a post is spiteful is too vague and it's too easy to abuse.

Finally. I sId nothing about fairness, so your straw man is dismissed.

(14-04-2017 10:26 AM)SYZ Wrote:  There's an obvious solution for anybody who disagrees with those T&Cs and that's to simply refrain from posting any more—and, bearing that in mind, I'm not sure as to why you're repeatedly whinging about Amazon on this forum. You need to lighten up, and move on. Smile

If you find my posts offensive or tiresome, ignore me. Believe me, it won't hurt my feelings at all. Considering the thread topic, I thought my comments were appropriate here and might reach the eyes of some Amazon refugees and not some opinionated jerks who have opinions galore and no manners.

Protip: If you don't want to read people "whinging" about Amazon, then avoid threads with "Amazon" in the title. There! Problem solved! You're welcome.
[+] 2 users Like Rachel's post
14-04-2017, 11:22 AM
Amazon Refugee Roll Call
(14-04-2017 10:29 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Hey, I got a question for you warrior women, do you know if you gave away copyright when you signed up for the Amazon forums? Wouldn't surprise me if the bastards tried to claim the rights to use your words unattributed in return for the use of their infrastructure in some signup small print.

I've heard that, but what would be the point of using my words without my permission? Advertising? I think the only time that would apply would be with customer reviews.
[+] 1 user Likes Rachel's post
14-04-2017, 11:27 AM
Amazon Refugee Roll Call
After all this time, it's interesting to see that the theists were right about one thing. I often ask them if their religion has made them a better person. But the reverse is true: I've seen evidence that the lack of religion doesn't necessarily make someone a better person either.
[+] 3 users Like Rachel's post
14-04-2017, 11:32 AM
(14-04-2017 11:22 AM)Rachel Wrote:  
(14-04-2017 10:29 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Hey, I got a question for you warrior women, do you know if you gave away copyright when you signed up for the Amazon forums? Wouldn't surprise me if the bastards tried to claim the rights to use your words unattributed in return for the use of their infrastructure in some signup small print.

I've heard that, but what would be the point of using my words without my permission? Advertising? I think the only time that would apply would be with customer reviews.

Yeah, I'm thinking of advertising or marketing purposes. "Not an actor, real person" sort of thing.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
14-04-2017, 11:33 AM
(14-04-2017 11:20 AM)Rachel Wrote:  There's nothing illogical about my claim. In fact, you're misusing the word "illogical." When Verizon's subcontractors blew out my sewer line, I had Verizon dead to rights even though they were saying that the subcontractors were at fault. The reason was that the subcontractors were acting as Verizon's agents.

Further, I know we agree to the terms and conditions, Captain Obvious. But the rules should be applied evenly and fairly. Saying that a post is spiteful is too vague and it's too easy to abuse.

Finally. I said nothing about fairness, so your straw man is dismissed.

If you find my posts offensive or tiresome, ignore me. Believe me, it won't hurt my feelings at all. Considering the thread topic, I thought my comments were appropriate here and might reach the eyes of some Amazon refugees and not some opinionated jerks who have opinions galore and no manners.

Protip: If you don't want to read people "whinging" about Amazon, then avoid threads with "Amazon" in the title. There! Problem solved! You're welcome.

Wow! So angry! I can see now why you encountered so much opposition to your views on Amazon LOL. You really need to lighten up sweetie.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
14-04-2017, 11:34 AM
(14-04-2017 11:27 AM)Rachel Wrote:  After all this time, it's interesting to see that the theists were right about one thing. I often ask them if their religion has made them a better person. But the reverse is true: I've seen evidence that the lack of religion doesn't necessarily make someone a better person either.

People come in all shapes and sizes, I don't believe there is one thing that can make someone a good or bad person.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
14-04-2017, 11:36 AM
(14-04-2017 09:16 AM)Rachel Wrote:  
(14-04-2017 07:00 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > You have to remember that the forums and customer services are in different compartments. Forum moderators have nothing to do with sales.

Okay. So? The mods are acting as agents for Bezos and thus are representative of the company.

Do they pay the mods over there? 'cause I could use some spare change for arbitrarily dicking with people.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-04-2017, 11:41 AM
(13-04-2017 09:49 PM)Rachel Wrote:  The irritating thing is that my stalker and nemesis, "Macheath," who was banned after I was and managed to weasel his way back in, is crowing about my banning.
I looked around the forum. There's hardly anyone left.

Is there someone left to invite Mac over? We'll play with him if he gets lonely.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post