Amazon Refugee Roll Call

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-02-2017, 01:45 PM
RE: Amazon Refugee Roll Call
(23-02-2017 01:26 AM)Dorsie Wrote:  
(22-02-2017 07:38 PM)Fireball Wrote:  You don't need a green card unless you're from a different planet, in this forum. Hmmm...I have some candidates in mind. Some of the posters here do appear to be from a different planet. Facepalm

I am definitely a citizen of the global atheist nation, so I shouldn't require a green card.

But I may require training wheels.Blush I've never used a forum outside of very backward Amazon ones, so I don't know any of the more advanced (aka normal) post and attachment formatting tools. I'm reading up on them, but may make some errors while learning. I humbly ask for your indulgence, corrections, and advice.

One thing I can't find in forum usage sites is an explanation of [COLLAPSED] as it appears to be use in this forum. I would be very grateful for a short summary of how to use it. Thanks in advance for any help. Big Grin

Edit to add: I think I found the answer to my question about collapsing, but I will test it in my own introduction thread to avoid further OT material here. Shy

If you need help with something, just ask. Lots of people around here are willing to help...or at least try to help. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2017, 01:46 PM
(23-02-2017 01:43 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(22-02-2017 10:19 AM)Aliza Wrote:  I see so many new people here that I’m having trouble keeping track of who is who. I know ASH, Mary L. Mand, Dorsie, Irish Lace, Dr. H and Klapaucius have jumped on the raft to safety. Who else is from Amazon? Are they closing down all the forums or just the atheist ones?

Welcome to any refugees who I haven't bumped into yet. Smile

Amazon has forums?

Apparently so, and they seem to have a very adversarial relationship with members. I think we've got a dozen refugees from their atheist boards so far.

YAY! New perspectives!
[+] 8 users Like Aliza's post
23-02-2017, 02:53 PM
And welcome, S. Friedman! I'm with Aliza, it's always nice to see how other people think and approach different issues.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
23-02-2017, 02:55 PM
(23-02-2017 06:06 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  Earmuffs: "There is a story here that I'm missing. Somebody want to fill me in on what is going on?"

EvolutionKills: "Apparently, Amazon has forums as well as a large assortment of cheap shit. Apparently in said forums is an Atheist section. Said Atheist section is run by power hungry theists who get offended by someone offering so much as slightly critical point of view or opinion regarding religion. On an Atheist forum... Said Nazi mods have been banning people left right and centre, good Atheist citizens, without actually giving much of a reason. When people are banned all presence of them on the forum is removed, so posts, threads, everything. So, seeing how green our grass is they've all exodus-ed over to us to avoid tyrannical theistical prosecution."

> I was banned for posting the following, which Amazon moderators believe violates the spirit of an atheist forum and violates their guidelines:

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully." (Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion)

> Go figure! Dodgy

Go figure, indeed. Glad I never even heard of the place, before this. Crazy. If you say something silly here, it's left for posterity for people to poke fun at. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
23-02-2017, 03:05 PM
Hello Aliza and others

I am another just joined Amazon emigre. This place seems an improvement.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. (G.B.Shaw)
[+] 5 users Like Vivian Darkbloom's post
23-02-2017, 03:48 PM
(23-02-2017 03:05 PM)Vivian Darkbloom Wrote:  Hello Aliza and others

There's very little we don't discuss here. There's even a sub-forum area that discusses everything sexual. Ya gotta be over 18 to enter......or is it 21, I can't remember.

Anyway, have fun!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
23-02-2017, 03:50 PM
(23-02-2017 03:48 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(23-02-2017 03:05 PM)Vivian Darkbloom Wrote:  Hello Aliza and others

There's very little we don't discuss here. There's even a sub-forum area that discusses everything sexual. Ya gotta be over 18 to enter......or is it 21, I can't remember.

Anyway, have fun!

I think it's 12 if you can show you're from Pakistan.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
23-02-2017, 05:50 PM
Now that there are plenty of us colonists from HugeSouthAmericanRiver here is it time we started buying threads and sub-forums with beads?
[+] 3 users Like Norm Deplume's post
23-02-2017, 05:51 PM
Amazon Refugee Roll Call
(23-02-2017 12:59 PM)S. Friedman Wrote:  Hi. I just got here. Still need to figure out the layout and how to navigate.

Hi Seth! Good to see you!
23-02-2017, 06:12 PM
(23-02-2017 05:50 PM)Norm Deplume Wrote:  Now that there are plenty of us colonists from HugeSouthAmericanRiver here is it time we started buying threads and sub-forums with beads?

Pearls. You can send them to me to forward. Smile