Amazon Refugee Roll Call

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2017, 06:46 PM
RE: Amazon Refugee Roll Call
(14-04-2017 09:02 PM)Rachel Wrote:  
(14-04-2017 08:13 PM)Mary L. Mand Wrote:  I'll do my best. Have had some issues with this friggin' seizure disorder lately - my right hand is getting more numb, so are my shins. It could be worse though, I CAN use them. Hope things are good with you.

Sorry to hear about your seizure disorder. That can usually be controlled with medication. I hope your doctor figures it out.

We're mostly good here. I had a trip to the hospital the other day. I got organophosphate poisoning at work thanks to an idiot who sprayed the lunch room with pesticide, including the tables and the inside of the microwave because he saw ants! You can never go wrong assuming that everyone around you is a blithering idiot.

We watch the medications and dosages carefully. The meds can be very dulling, so I prefer the minimum needed.

What an idiot! (Send him here and I'll introduce him to my cane.) Something tells me your company should only allow professional exterminators to use such chemicals! I'm glad you're okay now.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Mary L. Mand's post
15-04-2017, 07:10 PM
Amazon Refugee Roll Call
(15-04-2017 05:35 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(15-04-2017 04:46 PM)Rachel Wrote:  To make a long story short, it was a bit of both. He was vastly overpaid and I was vastly underpaid. We have the same job title and do exactly the same work. But that gender pay gap disparity raised its ugly head. I didn't know this until I had worked there for a few years and "accidentally" saw the pay scale. So I raised hell, not being one to accept that since I am a woman, it's okay to pay me less than a big, strong man. Considering I was a single mom when I started working there, I decided that I needed justice.

So I filed an EEO complaint against him and the company. The resolution was that he stopped getting raises and bonuses until my pay caught up to his. I'm still 15% less than he is but when this started, I was 45% less. Baby steps. Oh, part of the settlement was that the company paid half of my children's higher education. That felt fair.

It's good to see you getting your due. I'm curious why the complaint had to include him? That's just asking for trouble, I would think. Did he supervise at the time?

He thought he did. He even tried writing me up for not bringing him coffee.
[+] 1 user Likes Rachel's post
15-04-2017, 07:42 PM
Amazon Refugee Roll Call
(15-04-2017 06:46 PM)Mary L. Mand Wrote:  
(14-04-2017 09:02 PM)Rachel Wrote:  Sorry to hear about your seizure disorder. That can usually be controlled with medication. I hope your doctor figures it out.

We're mostly good here. I had a trip to the hospital the other day. I got organophosphate poisoning at work thanks to an idiot who sprayed the lunch room with pesticide, including the tables and the inside of the microwave because he saw ants! You can never go wrong assuming that everyone around you is a blithering idiot.

We watch the medications and dosages carefully. The meds can be very dulling, so I prefer the minimum needed.

What an idiot! (Send him here and I'll introduce him to my cane.) Something tells me your company should only allow professional exterminators to use such chemicals! I'm glad you're okay now.

The ER doc felt the need to explain that my symptoms were very similar to those hit by sarin gas. I had known that already, but the timing of the lecture was off. My feeling was he was trying to find a way to call me an idiot for. It noticing that the room had been gassed. There was only a faint odor but the giveaway was that the tables were all sticky and...you guessed it...covered with dead ants, which I would have seen had I been wearing my glasses. It was a perfect storm of idiocy.

You know, it's nice to be able to say "idiot" without fearing the Amazon hammer would fall.
[+] 3 users Like Rachel's post
15-04-2017, 07:58 PM
(15-04-2017 07:10 PM)Rachel Wrote:  
(15-04-2017 05:35 PM)Fireball Wrote:  It's good to see you getting your due. I'm curious why the complaint had to include him? That's just asking for trouble, I would think. Did he supervise at the time?

He thought he did. He even tried writing me up for not bringing him coffee.

This and the next post (which I read before responding to this one) make me think he did it on purpose. Hard to prove, I know. Angry If someone had done this at any place I ever worked (the insecticide) I'd have done everything in my power to press criminal charges and get him fired. That guy's a menace, and the sooner the company realized it, the better.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
16-04-2017, 02:55 PM
(15-04-2017 07:58 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(15-04-2017 07:10 PM)Rachel Wrote:  He thought he did. He even tried writing me up for not bringing him coffee.

This and the next post (which I read before responding to this one) make me think he did it on purpose. Hard to prove, I know. Angry If someone had done this at any place I ever worked (the insecticide) I'd have done everything in my power to press criminal charges and get him fired. That guy's a menace, and the sooner the company realized it, the better.

Not just hard to prove, but impossible to prove. But there are no lasting effects and the company paid for the hospital stay, treatment, and my lost time. So there's that, at least.
[+] 3 users Like Rachel's post
17-04-2017, 03:06 PM
Newly arrived from Amazon. I was Lallatin, but don't look, none of my posts are there.

Was banned/deleted for posting something 'spiteful,' though i have no idea what or even where it was. Could have been the Atheist forum, Religion forum, Christain forum, or Evolution Forum. Could also have been a review comment on Empress Theresa in an exchange with the author. I don't even know if _I_ was spiteful, or if it was quoting someone else's spite...

I don't think it's a concerted effort on Amazon's part to reduce atheist posters, though. I suspect, from how i've been treated as an author with books on Amazon, that they outsource their moderation like telemarketers and no one really moderates their moderators. Just my theory.

I also post on TalkFreethought and recognize a few names here and there...
[+] 3 users Like Missiletowe's post
17-04-2017, 03:41 PM
Hi Missiletowe, good to have you here.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
17-04-2017, 03:44 PM
Welcome, Missiletowe!
17-04-2017, 04:46 PM
(17-04-2017 03:06 PM)Missiletowe Wrote:  Newly arrived from Amazon. I was Lallatin, but don't look, none of my posts are there.

Was banned/deleted for posting something 'spiteful,' though i have no idea what or even where it was. Could have been the Atheist forum, Religion forum, Christain forum, or Evolution Forum. Could also have been a review comment on Empress Theresa in an exchange with the author. I don't even know if _I_ was spiteful, or if it was quoting someone else's spite...

I don't think it's a concerted effort on Amazon's part to reduce atheist posters, though. I suspect, from how i've been treated as an author with books on Amazon, that they outsource their moderation like telemarketers and no one really moderates their moderators. Just my theory.

I also post on TalkFreethought and recognize a few names here and there...

Welcome!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
17-04-2017, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the welcome!
[+] 1 user Likes Missiletowe's post