Amazon Refugee Roll Call

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2017, 06:17 PM
RE: Amazon Refugee Roll Call
(15-04-2017 02:31 PM)Rachel Wrote:  HR sent him to a class on remedial thinking or some damn thing.

LOL. Ooh, I want to make some referrals to that class. Big Grin

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dr H's post
17-04-2017, 06:22 PM
(17-04-2017 03:06 PM)Missiletowe Wrote:  Newly arrived from Amazon. I was Lallatin, but don't look, none of my posts are there.

Was banned/deleted for posting something 'spiteful,' though i have no idea what or even where it was. Could have been the Atheist forum, Religion forum, Christain forum, or Evolution Forum. Could also have been a review comment on Empress Theresa in an exchange with the author. I don't even know if _I_ was spiteful, or if it was quoting someone else's spite...

I don't think it's a concerted effort on Amazon's part to reduce atheist posters, though. I suspect, from how i've been treated as an author with books on Amazon, that they outsource their moderation like telemarketers and no one really moderates their moderators. Just my theory.

I also post on TalkFreethought and recognize a few names here and there...

Hi, Missiletowe. Welcome to TTA!

Smile

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post
17-04-2017, 06:26 PM
(17-04-2017 03:06 PM)Missiletowe Wrote:  I suspect ... that they outsource their moderation like telemarketers and no one really moderates their moderators.

They probably outsourced their moderation to Pakistan.

Hobo
[+] 3 users Like Thoreauvian's post
20-04-2017, 05:27 PM
(15-04-2017 02:31 PM)Rachel Wrote:  
(14-04-2017 09:56 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Dafuq? Huh You work with some seriously stupid people. I hope to hell he got fired, and possibly prosecuted for criminal stupidity! You could have ended up dead. Ohmy

He wasn't fired. HR sent him to a class on remedial thinking or some damn thing. He's the colleague whose salary was frozen until mine could catch up. I'm sure there were no hard feelings or anything...

In Canada, such an event would've required calling in the Industrial Health and Safety for an investigation. It would've resulted in fines for the company.

Glad to hear there were no lasting effects.
[+] 3 users Like Happy Skeptic's post
20-04-2017, 06:07 PM
(17-04-2017 03:06 PM)Missiletowe Wrote:  Newly arrived from Amazon. I was Lallatin, but don't look, none of my posts are there.

Was banned/deleted for posting something 'spiteful,' though i have no idea what or even where it was. Could have been the Atheist forum, Religion forum, Christain forum, or Evolution Forum. Could also have been a review comment on Empress Theresa in an exchange with the author. I don't even know if _I_ was spiteful, or if it was quoting someone else's spite...

I don't think it's a concerted effort on Amazon's part to reduce atheist posters, though. I suspect, from how i've been treated as an author with books on Amazon, that they outsource their moderation like telemarketers and no one really moderates their moderators. Just my theory.

I also post on TalkFreethought and recognize a few names here and there...

"Spiteful" seems to be code for, "We didn't like your post, but aren't going to explain why."

You didn't go through what an entire group of us did.
[+] 1 user Likes Mary L. Mand's post
24-04-2017, 02:14 PM
So how do you Amazonians like it here versus at Amazon?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
24-04-2017, 02:20 PM
(24-04-2017 02:14 PM)Dom Wrote:  So how do you Amazonians like it here versus at Amazon?

Comparatively, people are stuck in the mud at Amazon. It's a troll-infested swamp.

This place is so much better in so many ways that I now wonder why I took so long to look elsewhere. My imagination failed me.

Hobo
[+] 5 users Like Thoreauvian's post
24-04-2017, 02:32 PM
(24-04-2017 02:20 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  ...why I took so long to look elsewhere. My imagination failed me.

Probably the forum name. It is a little off-putting and patronizing. Like "What? There's only one of you?" off-putting.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
24-04-2017, 02:35 PM
(24-04-2017 02:32 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-04-2017 02:20 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  ...why I took so long to look elsewhere. My imagination failed me.

Probably the forum name. It is a little off-putting and patronizing. Like "What? There's only one of you?" off-putting.

Actually, I thought all forums were pretty much the same. So I'm only here because Mary started the ball rolling. Thanks Mary!

Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
24-04-2017, 04:21 PM
(24-04-2017 02:35 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(24-04-2017 02:32 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Probably the forum name. It is a little off-putting and patronizing. Like "What? There's only one of you?" off-putting.

Actually, I thought all forums were pretty much the same. So I'm only here because Mary started the ball rolling. Thanks Mary!

Smile

I wish I could accept your thanks, but it wasn't me. My memory (which can get dicey) says it this place was Gwaithmir's recommendation.

For those who don't bother with the Amazon fora, we're calling TTA "the other place" over there. No need to leave a trail.
[+] 3 users Like Mary L. Mand's post