Amazon Refugee Roll Call

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2017, 11:46 AM
RE: Amazon Refugee Roll Call
Welcome Bubba and other Longest River in the World refugees !

[Image: Refugees_on_a_boat.jpg]

TTA is a land of refugees. There are people here from all over the world.

[Image: il_340x270.1081019037_s6xr.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
24-02-2017, 12:03 PM
(24-02-2017 10:31 AM)Bubba Wrote:  I am also Bubba on the Amazon forums and am a refugee from there,

I am an atheist with an apatheist leaning, which essentially means that I believe that the existence of god(s) is irrelevant.

I never knew there was a term for believing that the existence of a deity is irrelevant. I'm one of the few forum theists, but I think I fall under this same category with you. I don't believe that anyone needs to believe in G-d and life won't change based on what you think. G-d either exists or does not exist and if you needed to know for sure, that information would be plainly apparent.
[+] 4 users Like Aliza's post
24-02-2017, 12:24 PM
(24-02-2017 12:03 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I never knew there was a term for believing that the existence of a deity is irrelevant. I'm one of the few forum theists, but I think I fall under this same category with you. I don't believe that anyone needs to believe in G-d and life won't change based on what you think. G-d either exists or does not exist and if you needed to know for sure, that information would be plainly apparent.

Sounds like you are a deist, someone who believes in an indifferent God. I can respect that, since you likely don't try to convert others or rationalize the problem of evil.
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
24-02-2017, 01:48 PM
(24-02-2017 12:24 PM)Jay Vogelsong Wrote:  
(24-02-2017 12:03 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I never knew there was a term for believing that the existence of a deity is irrelevant. I'm one of the few forum theists, but I think I fall under this same category with you. I don't believe that anyone needs to believe in G-d and life won't change based on what you think. G-d either exists or does not exist and if you needed to know for sure, that information would be plainly apparent.

Sounds like you are a deist, someone who believes in an indifferent God. I can respect that, since you likely don't try to convert others or rationalize the problem of evil.

Naaah, I'm a bonafide theist. I don't think G-d is indifferent, I just think that our believing in him isn't necessary and isn't going to change the way we live our lives.
[+] 4 users Like Aliza's post
24-02-2017, 03:24 PM
(24-02-2017 10:31 AM)Bubba Wrote:  I am also Bubba on the Amazon forums and am a refugee from there,

I am an atheist with an apatheist leaning, which essentially means that I believe that the existence of god(s) is irrelevant.

Hey Bubba! Glad you made it. Smile

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post
24-02-2017, 03:29 PM
(24-02-2017 12:03 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I'm one of the few forum theists, but I think I fall under this same category with you.

I'm trying to lure a few of the sane ones over from Amazon.
It's slim pickins, though. Consider

--
Dr H

[+] 2 users Like Dr H's post
24-02-2017, 06:25 PM

That's fucking stupid.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
24-02-2017, 07:03 PM
(24-02-2017 06:25 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  

That's fucking stupid.

I dunno, it's kind of like Kurt Vonnegut's "Church of God, the Utterly Indifferent".

--
Dr H

[+] 2 users Like Dr H's post
24-02-2017, 07:17 PM
To all you Amazonian refugees, I welcome you with song and dance. I posted the Allan Commings version on another post so I give you Joel Gray's version of Willkommen here because, why not.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
24-02-2017, 08:05 PM

ood to see you, Bubba.