Amazon.com hates Egor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2012, 10:45 AM

RE: Amazon.com hates Egor
WTF is a Pennywise?

As clowns go, besides Egor, my ABSOLUTE favorite is Spaulding!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL_1a_a1I2U
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Denicio's post
22-02-2012, 10:55 AM
You don't know Pennywise? I hope you are joking.
Read Stephen Kings IT. Ou can watch the made for tv movie too but read first because the movie ain't so good. Except for this one part really. Though in reality it only goes on for about a minute.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2012, 11:16 AM

(22-02-2012 10:21 AM)kim Wrote:  Yea - I tested out of some stuff too, but I found going through the actual courses much more satisfying and quite beneficial. Ha- I actually took one course I tested out of because I thought I would be missing something. I think it's good explore and as a result, I have a couple of degrees but a lot of extra hours in stuff completely unrelated to either my BS or BFA. My area of study in science was biology - I Heart virus. What is your BS in?

My bachelors is in Liberal Arts. I specialized in psychology and sociology. What did you study in your BFA?
22-02-2012, 11:22 AM

(22-02-2012 10:55 AM)lucradis Wrote:  You don't know Pennywise? I hope you are joking.
Read Stephen Kings IT. Ou can watch the made for tv movie too but read first because the movie ain't so good. Except for this one part really. Though in reality it only goes on for about a minute.

King is so hit and miss....when it comes to movies. I know a lot of it is out of his control, but damn...MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE? Really? That HAS to be as shitty as a book/story as it is as a movie.

I dont really read that much fiction stuff. I tend to read more historical war books and biblical studies. Maybe when i get much older and am done with this religious nonsense i'll check out king.

The Green Mile freaking slayed me.
Lawnmower man made me ashamed that i spent money on it.

Again, the movies are hit or miss.
[+] 2 users Like Denicio's post
22-02-2012, 01:16 PM (This post was last modified: 22-02-2012 01:20 PM by kim.)
(22-02-2012 11:16 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(22-02-2012 10:21 AM)kim Wrote:  Yea - I tested out of some stuff too, but I found going through the actual courses much more satisfying and quite beneficial. Ha- I actually took one course I tested out of because I thought I would be missing something. I think it's good explore and as a result, I have a couple of degrees but a lot of extra hours in stuff completely unrelated to either my BS or BFA. My area of study in science was biology - I Heart virus. What is your BS in?

My bachelors is in Liberal Arts. I specialized in psychology and sociology. What did you study in your BFA?

My BFA is in painting but I literally had to toss a coin because dual degree isn't allowed in the same area(at least not in the arts at that time); I had the same amount of eligible hours in ceramics as well as art history. Strangely, I also have completed several hours of MFA work in art history, but never finished up -still can't decide if I would complete it or pursue an MA in an entirely different field.

Psychology, huh? They were always trying to push us arty farts into Art Therapy ... I took a few courses in that direction, aside from the general Psych courses. Interesting ideas, but not for me. I have a friend who has an MA in Psychology, and I told him couldn't go the Art Therapy route because it was too much Psych and not enough art. He said exactly the same thing about the art classes he took -too much art and not enough Psychology.

He did agree though, that Art Therapy is a lot of clinical psych crap that has nothing to do with making art. He said he never would have known that, had he not taken a bunch of art classes. We must have both decided that there are connections between art and psych, but not enough to really enhance or perpetuate knowledge of either. It's almost like you wouldn't be doing justice to either one, you know?

But, that was a long time ago and people and things change - could be different now; who knows? Wink

Have you ever thought of continuing on with an MA in a particular area? If no, why not?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
25-02-2012, 02:05 AM

(22-02-2012 01:16 PM)kim Wrote:  
(22-02-2012 11:16 AM)Egor Wrote:  

My BFA is in painting but I literally had to toss a coin because dual degree isn't allowed in the same area(at least not in the arts at that time); I had the same amount of eligible hours in ceramics as well as art history. Strangely, I also have completed several hours of MFA work in art history, but never finished up -still can't decide if I would complete it or pursue an MA in an entirely different field.

Psychology, huh? They were always trying to push us arty farts into Art Therapy ... I took a few courses in that direction, aside from the general Psych courses. Interesting ideas, but not for me. I have a friend who has an MA in Psychology, and I told him couldn't go the Art Therapy route because it was too much Psych and not enough art. He said exactly the same thing about the art classes he took -too much art and not enough Psychology.

He did agree though, that Art Therapy is a lot of clinical psych crap that has nothing to do with making art. He said he never would have known that, had he not taken a bunch of art classes. We must have both decided that there are connections between art and psych, but not enough to really enhance or perpetuate knowledge of either. It's almost like you wouldn't be doing justice to either one, you know?

But, that was a long time ago and people and things change - could be different now; who knows? Wink

Have you ever thought of continuing on with an MA in a particular area? If no, why not?

Sorry, I didn't see this sooner.

How very interesting. My wife is also a painter (oil). But her degree is in computers--imagine that. Do you have a website? Do you have any examples I can see of your work?

I know you're an atheist, but I think God is like a painter. Imagine the perfection of color that He would know! So, I think painting is a great art. I've even painted a few things myself, but I was never able to duplicate my earlier successes. I just don't have the talent, it seems. Or maybe I just have a different purpose in life that is solidifying now. Whatever the case, I am capable of appreciating paintings, but not of doing them. Kudos.

These days an MA is expensive, and it seems one would have to have a good financial reason for pursuing one. I don't have a good reason. Do you think you'll finish your masters?

If I won the lottery, I think even then I would not go back to school. I think I'm done with school, you know? I'd probably continue with this ministry (if that's what it is), and I suppose I'd open a state of the art martial arts school.

I wish you the best of luck in your art work. It would be very cool to see it.

Ed
25-02-2012, 02:35 AM
(21-02-2012 10:38 AM)He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named Wrote:  I don't do fiction any longer, so...

Big Grin

(21-02-2012 04:41 PM)He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named Wrote:  I did most of my course work through BYU and transferred it in.

You used to be mormon?
Find all posts by this user