Amazon credit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-06-2016, 07:21 PM
Amazon credit
Found this today in my Amazon account. You may want to check yours.

Quote:Information for 2016 Apple eBooks Antitrust Settlement
In November 2014, a federal court approved a Settlement of antitrust lawsuits brought against Apple, Inc. (“Apple”) by State Attorneys General and Class Plaintiffs about the price of electronic books (“eBooks”). Those settlements resulted in credits for qualifying Kindle books purchased between April 1, 2010 and May 21, 2012. These credits are funded by Apple.

Eligible customers do not need to do anything to receive these credits. If you are eligible, we have already calculated your credit for you and added it to your Amazon account. As long as you have credit remaining we will automatically apply it to your purchase of qualifying items through Amazon.com, an Amazon device or an Amazon app. The credit applied to your purchase will appear in your order summary as a gift card during checkout and in your account history. Eligible customers should have received a notification email from Amazon on June 21, 2016. This credit will expire at 11:59pm PDT on June 24, 2017. You can learn more about the settlements at http://www.amazon.com/help/ApplebooksettlementFAQs. The credits are subject to these Terms and Conditions. Your Settlement Credit:

Available for use starting: June 21, 2016

Total Credit: $150.94

Unused Credit: $150.94

Expiry Date: June 24, 2017

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
22-06-2016, 07:24 PM
RE: Amazon credit
(22-06-2016 07:21 PM)Dom Wrote:  Found this today in my Amazon account. You may want to check yours.

Quote:Information for 2016 Apple eBooks Antitrust Settlement
In November 2014, a federal court approved a Settlement of antitrust lawsuits brought against Apple, Inc. (“Apple”) by State Attorneys General and Class Plaintiffs about the price of electronic books (“eBooks”). Those settlements resulted in credits for qualifying Kindle books purchased between April 1, 2010 and May 21, 2012. These credits are funded by Apple.

Eligible customers do not need to do anything to receive these credits. If you are eligible, we have already calculated your credit for you and added it to your Amazon account. As long as you have credit remaining we will automatically apply it to your purchase of qualifying items through Amazon.com, an Amazon device or an Amazon app. The credit applied to your purchase will appear in your order summary as a gift card during checkout and in your account history. Eligible customers should have received a notification email from Amazon on June 21, 2016. This credit will expire at 11:59pm PDT on June 24, 2017. You can learn more about the settlements at http://www.amazon.com/help/ApplebooksettlementFAQs. The credits are subject to these Terms and Conditions. Your Settlement Credit:

Available for use starting: June 21, 2016

Total Credit: $150.94

Unused Credit: $150.94

Expiry Date: June 24, 2017

I didn't get nearly as much as you did but I did get a refund. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
22-06-2016, 07:37 PM
Nice! Dodgy Now, if they could have given less than a 48-hour window.
22-06-2016, 07:39 PM
(22-06-2016 07:37 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Nice! Dodgy Now, if they could have given less than a 48-hour window.

2017 Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
22-06-2016, 07:44 PM
(22-06-2016 07:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 07:37 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Nice! Dodgy Now, if they could have given less than a 48-hour window.

2017 Tongue

"Somebody here" made the same mistake. Laughat
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-06-2016, 07:51 PM
From their FAQ:

Quote:Is there anything I cannot use this credit for?

You cannot use this credit to purchase Amazon gift cards or certain subscriptions. Otherwise, you can apply this credit to any item sold through Amazon.com, an Amazon device or an Amazon app.

So you can pretty much use it any way you like.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
22-06-2016, 07:54 PM
Someone sent me an Amazon digital album for my birthday. I can't find it in my account anywhere. I even got an email about it. It's not there.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
22-06-2016, 07:55 PM

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
22-06-2016, 07:57 PM
(22-06-2016 07:54 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Someone sent me an Amazon digital album for my birthday. I can't find it in my account anywhere. I even got an email about it. It's not there.

Tell them. They have good customer service.

22-06-2016, 07:59 PM
(22-06-2016 07:57 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 07:54 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Someone sent me an Amazon digital album for my birthday. I can't find it in my account anywhere. I even got an email about it. It's not there.

Tell them. They have good customer service.

I did. They told me "Not allowed in your part of the world."

My mate never got his money back either. Smile

Banjo.