Amazon discovery pushes back human dispersal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2014, 10:14 AM
Amazon discovery pushes back human dispersal
Clovis proponents aren't very happy about this discovery but this may change our understanding of when humans made it to the Americas from 13,000 to 22,000 years ago...ya know, a short time before the creation of the world.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/28/world/...ricas.html

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
28-03-2014, 11:12 AM
RE: Amazon discovery pushes back human dispersal
interesting....as a kid in school we used to go to Meadowcroft Village on school trips. They have an archeological site there (Meadowcroft Rockshelter) with the oldest remains in North America that also date to around that same time. Apparently there has been controversy on the dates, I wonder if it will shed more light on this area too.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
28-03-2014, 12:22 PM
Interesting article. I hate the title though.

"Discoveries Challenge Beliefs on Humans’ Arrival in the Americas"

Using the word 'beliefs' seems wrong. A more appropriate title would have been something to the effect of, New Evidence Suggest Clovis Model may be Incomplete.

I always make sure to correct people that ask me 'do you believe in evolution?'

I say "no, I don't believe in evolution. I accept the vast scientific evidence on the facts of evolution."

It might sound silly, but I think the word 'belief' has no place in science.
[+] 1 user Likes jaguar3030's post
30-03-2014, 01:58 PM
(28-03-2014 12:22 PM)jaguar3030 Wrote:  Interesting article. I hate the title though.

"Discoveries Challenge Beliefs on Humans’ Arrival in the Americas"

Using the word 'beliefs' seems wrong. A more appropriate title would have been something to the effect of, New Evidence Suggest Clovis Model may be Incomplete.

I always make sure to correct people that ask me 'do you believe in evolution?'

I say "no, I don't believe in evolution. I accept the vast scientific evidence on the facts of evolution."

It might sound silly, but I think the word 'belief' has no place in science.

I like it Thumbsup

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce