Amazonians swim with piranha

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-06-2017, 06:08 AM (This post was last modified: 23-06-2017 06:13 AM by Rockblossom.)
RE: Amazonians swim with piranha
(22-06-2017 04:42 PM)Dr H Wrote:  Jet.com, hmm... Consider

How does their customer service stack up against "the most customer centric company in the world"? Wink

I've never dealt with CS at Jet, which is probably just as well. My guess is that it is probably terrible compared to Amazon.

WP did a comparison of Jet, WM and Amazon, and it tracks with other reviews on the 'net and my experince. YMMV. Goodevil
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/busi...-they-did/
Added: The article shows a member fee for Jet, which is no longer the case. No membership fee, free shipping on orders over $35, warehouse stuff has 2-day shipping, 3rd party stuff varies.

I’ll be a story in your head, but that’s okay, because we’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know. It was the best.
The Doctor
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Rockblossom's post
26-06-2017, 06:28 PM
(22-06-2017 05:24 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  So Amazon will be sleeping with the fishes, too? Evil_monster

Fuck em. You guys have found your new home. Shy

And you could always buy TTA apparel Angel

Whoa... There's apparel? Gasp

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 2 users Like Dr H's post
26-06-2017, 06:41 PM
(26-06-2017 06:28 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(22-06-2017 05:24 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  So Amazon will be sleeping with the fishes, too? Evil_monster

Fuck em. You guys have found your new home. Shy

And you could always buy TTA apparel Angel

Whoa... There's apparel? Gasp

http://www.evolvefish.com/The-Thinking-A..._c_23.html

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
27-06-2017, 12:50 PM
(26-06-2017 06:41 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(26-06-2017 06:28 PM)Dr H Wrote:  Whoa... There's apparel? Gasp

http://www.evolvefish.com/The-Thinking-A..._c_23.html

Wow, a regular atheist bazar.

Funny, I knew about that website -- I ordered some Darwin fish from them last year, when our local head-shop ran out.
Didn't know there was a TTA section, tho'.

I'm pretty well set up with T-shirts right now, but I believe that one can never have too many beer glasses. Consider

--
Dr H

28-06-2017, 02:59 AM
Sweet! A fire for familiar "faces" to gather 'round.

[Image: action_shot.jpg]

We've definitely traded up with this place.
Does the changes to the homeland extend to the religious villages as well, or is it just our old huts?

"Throughout history, every mystery, ever solved, has turned out to be; Not magic."
[+] 1 user Likes M. Linoge's post
28-06-2017, 12:30 PM
(28-06-2017 02:59 AM)M. Linoge Wrote:  Sweet! A fire for familiar "faces" to gather 'round.

Does the changes to the homeland extend to the religious villages as well, or is it just our old huts?

Yeah, they affect all the fora.
I don't know if there's been a mass migration away from the "religion" forum, but activity is way down there, too.

They've also increased restrictions on product reviews.

Used to be that if you reviewed a product for a seller who quit offering it, but Amazon or another seller still offered it, you could move your product review to the new seller's listing. Can't do that anymore; if you've reviewed it once, that's all you get. And if that seller no longer offers the product your review sits there in limbo -- I guess, for eternity -- where no one will see it, even though other people are still selling the item on Amazon.

To me, that is just dumb, especially considering Amazon claims about how important customer reviews are for their other customers.

Maybe Amazon is just going to become Walmart, eventually, and instead of a website, I'll have to go to a strip mall to shop there. Facepalm

--
Dr H

28-06-2017, 05:00 PM
(28-06-2017 02:59 AM)M. Linoge Wrote:  Sweet! A fire for familiar "faces" to gather 'round.

I have marshmallows in the pantry!
[+] 2 users Like Mary L. Mand's post
29-06-2017, 01:46 PM
(28-06-2017 05:00 PM)Mary L. Mand Wrote:  

I have marshmallows in the pantry!

Weenie roast!

--
Dr H

[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post
29-06-2017, 02:01 PM
We should welcome our new friends, too. Maybe they'll have good ideas for entertainment, but no silly games like Twister. How about yak herding?
[+] 1 user Likes Mary L. Mand's post
11-07-2017, 05:01 PM
Went looking through the Amazon Religion fora for Gob, to invite him over. (Hey, I said I would . . . Laugh out load )
But, not there.

Either he's morphed into yet another new identity and I missed it, or what we always suspected was really true:
that he only existed to annoy people in the atheist forum.

Oh well . . . I was about the only person left who still responded to him, anyway.

Now Mikey would be fun to entice into TTA.
I've seen more than a couple of self-described agnostics here,
and as far as I can tell they're neither rocks, lizards, nor lawn furniture. Big Grin

--
Dr H