Ambushed and alone

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2012, 09:46 PM
RE: Ambushed and alone
Hi J L Momma

Guess what ....you are beautiful....and you are right! You need to empower yourself by truly believing it!

Your Christian family has toxic, deluded beliefs. That doesn't mean you should hate them, or talk down to them, just that they have toxic, deluded beliefs.

Knowledge will stoke your confidence and your self esteem. I know this really cool dude (LOL) who has written a blog about this at http://www.markfulton.org/the-psychologi...ristianity
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
12-03-2012, 11:18 PM

I think you choose to be an atheist because you want to stop being controlled by the people in your life. From reading your post, I don’t think you give two shits about God or whether or not He exists, you just want to be your own person and be accepted for that. You don’t strike me as a person concerned about theology.

However, you have a problem because God does exist. You were created as a unique individual in this universe (there has never been a person like you, and there never will be again). God expects something from your life. He forced you into it, and He doesn’t give a damn, and he can be very demanding.

You don’t have to be a Veridican, Christian, Holy Roller, nothing. But you do have to acknowledge God, the fact that you’ve sinned and fallen short of His expectations, and you have to want to live your life as much like Christ as you reasonably can. That’s it.

If you read the bit about the thief on the cross who hung next to Jesus in the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ, you will see the minimum requirements for salvation. I’m guessing you don’t have a copy so I’ll post it here:

The two criminals were also crucified with Him, one on His right and one on His left. The one on His left hurled abuses at Him saying, “Why do You not save Yourself and us, too, if You are the Christ!”
But the one on His right rebuked the other saying, “Do you not fear God even in your hour of death? We deserve what we are getting, but this man has done nothing.”
Then he said to Him, “Jesus, remember me when You come into Your kingdom.”
And Jesus said to him, “Truly I tell you, this day you shall be with Me in paradise.”

(VGJC 50:27-30)

You have to recognize what you are. You can escape your parents and husband and children if you want to, but you can’t escape your one and only true parent, God.

And you don’t have to have proof of God’s existence. That’s all a bunch of BS you tell your family, because you’re sick of your family. Good Lord, they’re Pentecostals for Christ sake, I can only imagine what a hoot young life must have been for you.

Throw out the bathwater, but do not throw out the baby. Go be an astrologer or medium if you like, you can be any kind of spirituality you want to be so long as you accomplish the above. Do the above and pursue your purpose in this life. That is what’s required.

Maybe now you can see why Jesus said this:

“I have come to cast conflicts upon the world—fire, sword, and wars!
“I came to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother. Indeed, on account of Me, a person’s enemies will be the members of their own household.
“For the one who does not hate their mother and father, sisters and brothers, husband or wife, and even their own life, is not worthy of Me. They cannot be My disciple.
“And the one who does not take up their cross daily and follow Me is not worthy of Me.

(VGJC 23:12-15)

So forget your parents. All they did was make you an atheist. It’s you and God against the world. So to repeat: Do the thief on the cross salvation, and try to stop sinning and you'll be fine. Then go out and do what you were meant to do. Do you have any idea what that might be?
Quote this message in a reply
13-03-2012, 01:36 AM
Egor...

Um... ja... I... did you *read* her post? It was about people respecting her freedom to choose. Coming in with such certainty, saying "you know God exists, you're just lying to yourself"... it's kinda rude. What do you know of what she thinks? 'Try to stop sinning' ??? Please man. If try to stop sinning means try to do your best what you think is right then all of us already try to do that...
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
13-03-2012, 02:40 AM

(13-03-2012 01:36 AM)morondog Wrote:  Egor...

Um... ja... I... did you *read* her post? It was about people respecting her freedom to choose. Coming in with such certainty, saying "you know God exists, you're just lying to yourself"... it's kinda rude. What do you know of what she thinks? 'Try to stop sinning' ??? Please man. If try to stop sinning means try to do your best what you think is right then all of us already try to do that...

I told her what she needs to hear. I don't care if you think it's rude. I don't care if she thinks it's rude. She posted here to get input. That's my input, and it's the truth of the situation.

And you know what? Nowhere did I write "You know God exists, you're just lying to yourself."

I think you misquoting me to make a strawman case is more than rude. I think it's wrong. And you know what it really says when you do that? That your response to me isn't justified. That's why you have to make stuff up in order to try to justify it. You wanted to call me rude, but I wasn't being rude, not even in your estimation. Since what you are calling rude was never written in my reply, then ipso facto, I am not being rude.
Quote this message in a reply
13-03-2012, 03:00 AM
(13-03-2012 02:40 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(13-03-2012 01:36 AM)morondog Wrote:  Egor...

I told her what she needs to hear. I don't care if you think it's rude. I don't care if she thinks it's rude. She posted here to get input. That's my input, and it's the truth of the situation.

And you know what? Nowhere did I write "You know God exists, you're just lying to yourself."

I think you misquoting me to make a strawman case is more than rude. I think it's wrong. And you know what it really says when you do that? That your response to me isn't justified. That's why you have to make stuff up in order to try to justify it. You wanted to call me rude, but I wasn't being rude, not even in your estimation. Since what you are calling rude was never written in my reply, then ipso facto, I am not being rude.

I apologise. I didn't read your post that carefully. You did in fact never say those words. However it was not my intention to be rude to you myself, and I still contend that the thrust of your post has missed the point of the OP.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
13-03-2012, 03:21 AM
(12-03-2012 11:18 PM)Egor Wrote:  I think you choose to be an atheist because you want to stop being controlled by the people in your life. From reading your post, I don’t think you give two shits about God or whether or not He exists, you just want to be your own person and be accepted for that. You don’t strike me as a person concerned about theology.

However, you have a problem because God does exist. You were created as a unique individual in this universe (there has never been a person like you, and there never will be again). God expects something from your life. He forced you into it, and He doesn’t give a damn, and he can be very demanding.

You don’t have to be a Veridican, Christian, Holy Roller, nothing. But you do have to acknowledge God, the fact that you’ve sinned and fallen short of His expectations, and you have to want to live your life as much like Christ as you reasonably can. That’s it.

If you read the bit about the thief on the cross who hung next to Jesus in the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ, you will see the minimum requirements for salvation. I’m guessing you don’t have a copy so I’ll post it here:

The two criminals were also crucified with Him, one on His right and one on His left. The one on His left hurled abuses at Him saying, “Why do You not save Yourself and us, too, if You are the Christ!”
But the one on His right rebuked the other saying, “Do you not fear God even in your hour of death? We deserve what we are getting, but this man has done nothing.”
Then he said to Him, “Jesus, remember me when You come into Your kingdom.”
And Jesus said to him, “Truly I tell you, this day you shall be with Me in paradise.”

(VGJC 50:27-30)

You have to recognize what you are. You can escape your parents and husband and children if you want to, but you can’t escape your one and only true parent, God.

And you don’t have to have proof of God’s existence. That’s all a bunch of BS you tell your family, because you’re sick of your family. Good Lord, they’re Pentecostals for Christ sake, I can only imagine what a hoot young life must have been for you.

Throw out the bathwater, but do not throw out the baby. Go be an astrologer or medium if you like, you can be any kind of spirituality you want to be so long as you accomplish the above. Do the above and pursue your purpose in this life. That is what’s required.

Maybe now you can see why Jesus said this:

“I have come to cast conflicts upon the world—fire, sword, and wars!
“I came to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother. Indeed, on account of Me, a person’s enemies will be the members of their own household.
“For the one who does not hate their mother and father, sisters and brothers, husband or wife, and even their own life, is not worthy of Me. They cannot be My disciple.
“And the one who does not take up their cross daily and follow Me is not worthy of Me.

(VGJC 23:12-15)

So forget your parents. All they did was make you an atheist. It’s you and God against the world. So to repeat: Do the thief on the cross salvation, and try to stop sinning and you'll be fine. Then go out and do what you were meant to do. Do you have any idea what that might be?

I can't let this go by without comment!

I strongly object to your patronising, presumptuous and didactic tone.

Have you even read this lady's story? How dare you presume to preach to her after she's admitted being thoroughly sick of having god shoved down her throat?

Re..."you have a problem because God does exist." No, buddy, YOU have the problem because you imagine your god exists.

Re..."But you do have to acknowledge God, the fact that you’ve sinned and fallen short of His expectations, and you have to want to live your life as much like Christ as you reasonably can. That’s it." Wrong again, junior. This is YOUR belief system, not hers.

There's no point quoting the bible to justify your beliefs and prejudices, because no one around here, including her, believes in the bible. Surely even you can understand that.

Re "That is what’s required." Your agenda is clearly all about control, not about her welfare. That is inexcusable.

Re "So forget your parents." How dare you presume to tell her this!

Re "try to stop sinning and you'll be fine. Then go out and do what you were meant to do. Do you have any idea what that might be?" You really are a jerk! What makes you think she has no direction in life? She's given up on your imaginary friend and you don't like the fact because it challenges your simplistic view of the world.

Ladies and gentleman, here we have a classic example of how the typical Christian church goes about its business...

1. They search out people who are looking for answers and therefore a little vulnerable.

2. They tell people they are worthy and special, yet then label them as sinners and directionless and proceed to make them feel small and inferior. They imply they have all the answers and have a wonderful life, thereby making themselves feel superior.

3. They propose flawed simplistic solutions to complex problems and use their own interpretations of biblical passages to justify their prejudices. Some of these solutions are profoundly immoral ( eg. "forget your parents" ).

4. Despite his denials, Egor's next move will inevitably be an invite to HIS church and an expectation of a financial contribution.
13-03-2012, 03:45 AM
Your wasting your time Mark, Egor's magic vulcan brain is an impenetrable fortress to logic or reason. He has been proven to be dishonest time and time again. He is only here to try to drum up some interest for his blog that no one reads and his books that no one will buy.

Best just to say Fuck Off, then move on and ignore him.

"Belief means not wanting to know what is true"
Friedrich Nietzsche
13-03-2012, 04:06 AM
(13-03-2012 03:45 AM)Eternal Wrote:  Your wasting your time Mark, Egor's magic vulcan brain is an impenetrable fortress to logic or reason. He has been proven to be dishonest time and time again. He is only here to try to drum up some interest for his blog that no one reads and his books that no one will buy.

Hi...I haven't come across him prior to today. I got the impression, having a look at his website, he is one seriously deluded odd ball. He seems to be trying to start his own religion. He needs to to come up with something more original than his interpretation of the 4 gospels and the gospel of Thomas if he's hoping to kick arse like a Joseph Smith character. I am well aware nothing I say will register in his head, but he is so incredibly bad, it is fun bating him. He is the personification of everything that is evil about religion, so I at the moment am enjoying reading him crucify himself. I hear it though that you are just sick of him. What does everyone else think?
13-03-2012, 04:42 AM
I think we've had multiple threads about Egor and derailed by discussion of Egor. Let's stick to the OP. Not being nasty just trying to avert another trainwreck.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
13-03-2012, 04:45 AM
(13-03-2012 03:45 AM)Eternal Wrote:  Your wasting your time Mark, Egor's magic vulcan brain is an impenetrable fortress to logic or reason. He has been proven to be dishonest time and time again. He is only here to try to drum up some interest for his blog that no one reads and his books that no one will buy.

ps....I have been absent for the last few months from this forum. Just had a read of some really top class beautiful writing from all you people dealing with the cretinous egor. I am blown away. You are right ...my comments are superfluous. You guys have said it all already.
[+] 2 users Like Mark Fulton's post