Ambushed and alone

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-03-2012, 03:18 PM
RE: Ambushed and alone
... You can be pretty damn unpleasant sometimes Egor. I know Veridicanism, the religion of love, requires it, but...

Ah forget it Sad
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-03-2012, 03:22 PM (This post was last modified: 13-03-2012 03:27 PM by kingschosen.)
Egor, your see-sawing from cold to warm is confusing me.

You can be exceptionally awesome to talk to and then you can be exceptionally dickish.

I like the Egor I was talking to in my other thread. He's a stand-up guy.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
13-03-2012, 03:32 PM
(13-03-2012 03:02 PM)Egor Wrote:  ...
But like I said, if you won't be what God created you for, you can always supply some fuel for hell. You do realize that's the consequence if you're wrong, right?

Haha... you crack me up. Create your own religion. Most hardcore Christians will probably say you are going to hell for your beliefs and will basically suffer the consequences of being wrong. Wow, you are rich! Ah, you sure do know how to brighten someone's day.

Defy gravity... stand up. Drinking Beverage
[+] 2 users Like craniumonempty's post
13-03-2012, 03:44 PM
(13-03-2012 01:09 PM)JLMomma Wrote:  I don't choose to be an atheist. It's just a label for not thinking god exists. I did try other religions. I'm just seeking truth. It hasn't led me toward the bible or any god.

Not sure if this may be of help JLM, what you say is familiar. A great many people don't choose to be what they are and you are not the labels that others put on you. You have more to contribute to your own and others lives than any imaginary figure.

I have a friend who gets frustrated and exasperated when his family start on at him about the ancient goat herder. When he contradicts them he does sound angry and defensive....he isn't its just irritation. But they always ask him why does he get angry, and why does he hate cheeses.

What worked for him, may not work for you. but he decided to adopt a Socratic approach to inter-family strife
He quietly and calmly, started to ask them questions, tried to get them to explain what they meant. He played the dumb card, until they became so exasperated that they couldn't explain to him about Sky Daddies eldest, that they simply gave up telling him stuff.

As I say, it may not be an option for you, but a brief moment of remembering they care for you, (in a weird family way) before having any zombie voodoo conversation might help.

Hope that is of help...... and there is always this forum for a good rant when needed

Oh, and don't pay any attention to Egor for being rude and ignorant, he has mom and pop issues from his childhood and his first wife is a bit of an elephant in the room when it comes to atheism ( shhh) .
He is just a little bitter and twisted, so best to ignore him.
[+] 5 users Like Sol's post
13-03-2012, 03:44 PM (This post was last modified: 13-03-2012 03:48 PM by Logica Humano.)
(13-03-2012 03:02 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(13-03-2012 01:09 PM)JLMomma Wrote:  Egor,
Fortunately, I live in Canada and no one here really cares about religion except for the members of churches like the one I was raised in and some people over 60. They are pretty ease to spot and avoid. If someone churchy does ask, I tell them I was raised Pentecostal and that usually scares them off.

I'm not hated in my community and I wouldn't be afraid to tell anyone that I think that God is about as real as Santa. No one would reject me or persecute me in any way. In fact, I do know people who think the same way as I do. They just can't really relate to what I'm going through because they don't associate with people like my family.

I do see their brand of religion as absolutely nuts. Why draw the line at speaking in tongues? I draw my line at where you have to believe something on Faith. Every time I've relied solely on an emotion to make a decision it's been a mistake. when I plan thoughtfully and make decisions based on facts it usually turns out well.

I don't choose to be an atheist. It's just a label for not thinking god exists. I did try other religions. I'm just seeking truth. It hasn't led me toward the bible or any god.

If misogynistic, Henry the VIII, ass hole god exists I'm fucked either way. I'm totally guilty of apostasy for which there is no forgiveness. Fear has never been a good motivator for me.

Fine. Then don't come bitching about why your family can't understand you and won't support you in your decision to piss on their religion and their entire way of life. You have your separation from them. You have your disobedience to them. You have your revenge or whatever else you're looking for. You have your superiority.

Now you're wearing the big girl pants and your entire country applauds you. Great. At the end of the day, however, atheism is going to get you nowhere. It's an absolute losers game. Look at Christopher Hitchens. Alcoholic to the end.

And don't give me this shit you don't choose to be an atheist. It's the one freewill decision you own outright. It's all on you, and it's all we're about down here on planet earth. It's our only test.

But like I said, if you won't be what God created you for, you can always supply some fuel for hell. You do realize that's the consequence if you're wrong, right?

There are 10,000,000,000,000,000,000 particles that we can all observe. Your momma took all the ugly ones and put em' all into one nerd.

See? I am a nice guy too, but I can insult people for no reason.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
13-03-2012, 04:52 PM
(13-03-2012 03:44 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  There are 10,000,000,000,000,000,000 particles that we can all observe. Your momma took all the ugly ones and put em' all into one nerd.

Rap battles from history?

"Belief means not wanting to know what is true"
Friedrich Nietzsche
13-03-2012, 05:19 PM
Quote:Now you're wearing the big girl pants and your entire country applauds you. Great. At the end of the day, however, atheism is going to get you nowhere. It's an absolute losers game. Look at Christopher Hitchens. Alcoholic to the end.

You are right. All atheists are "Alcoholic to the end". Dodgy
13-03-2012, 05:52 PM (This post was last modified: 13-03-2012 07:06 PM by Anjele.)
Decide who you are and what you believe and be that person.

The people that really love you will continue to love you, even if you have to take some distance from them for a time.

The people that don't like who you are really aren't that swell to have around.

Raise your child, love your husband, do your work or school or whatever you do, enjoy your friends.

Life's too damn short to worry about living up to someone else's idea of what you should be. I learned that way too freakin late in life.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
13-03-2012, 06:39 PM (This post was last modified: 13-03-2012 07:07 PM by craniumonempty.)
(13-03-2012 03:44 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  There are 10,000,000,000,000,000,000 particles that we can all observe. Your momma took all the ugly ones and put em' all into one nerd.

EDIT... they have text in the song... for each million, they just add three more zeros... hmm, go figure. They were way short
EDIT2: if you look at Hawking's original quote, he says a few more millions (meaning 6 zeros each) and says "something like" before which is 1.0x10^85 so his original quote was much closer

Wow, kind of shot low with that number didn't you... I think in the song he says "10 Million, Million, Million, Million, Million, Million, Million, Million, Million particles in the Universe that we can observe. You’re momma took the ugly ones and put them into one nerd"
Which I think is:
or 1.0x10^55, but I think it's closer to 2.5x10^89 (elementary particles) currently. I think they just used 10millionmillion... because it sounds better though.

Defy gravity... stand up. Drinking Beverage
13-03-2012, 06:43 PM (This post was last modified: 13-03-2012 09:26 PM by GirlyMan.)
(13-03-2012 03:02 PM)Egor Wrote:  But like I said, if you won't be what God created you for, you can always supply some fuel for hell. You do realize that's the consequence if you're wrong, right?

I think I actually agree with Egor on the fuel for hell part. Difference is that my God is the one which actually creates heaven and hell. My God also moves easily between heaven and hell on a whim. My God likes a little bit of heaven and a little bit of hell every day (always in moderation ... well, preferably in moderation, ... okay, occasionally in moderation). My God is always with me. Like a hemorrhoid which won't go away. Sometimes I gotta double-dose the Preparation H to get the fool to shut the fuck up and quit being a backseat driver 'cause I'm busy dealing with something more urgent. ... Oh, and the biggest difference between our Gods is not that my God could beat your God into a bloody pulp tapping out in submission and pleading "Where do I sign up to be a Bobber, Bob?", it's that your God is too pussy to show up for the contest. ... Bow down before Bob, Egor, before it is too late to save your sorry ass.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.