Ambushed and alone

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-03-2012, 06:57 PM
RE: Ambushed and alone
(13-03-2012 05:52 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Decide who you are and what you believe and be that person.

The people that really love you will continue to love you, even if you have to take some distance from them for a time.

The people that don't like who you are really aren't that swell to have around.

Raise your child, love your husband, do your work or school or whatever you do, enjoy your friends.

Life's too damn short to worry about living up to someone else's idea of what you should be. I learned that way to freakin late in life.

Well said Angele!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-03-2012, 02:06 AM

(13-03-2012 03:18 PM)morondog Wrote:  ... You can be pretty damn unpleasant sometimes Egor. I know Veridicanism, the religion of love, requires it, but...

Ah forget it Sad

I'm only pleasant when I'm agreeing with you. So, let me be more pleasant: You're right, I can be pretty damn unpleasant sometimes.
(13-03-2012 03:22 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Egor, your see-sawing from cold to warm is confusing me.

You can be exceptionally awesome to talk to and then you can be exceptionally dickish.

I like the Egor I was talking to in my other thread. He's a stand-up guy.

Kingschosen, It really doesn't matter if I'm liked or not, does it? I say what the Holy Spirit leads me to say at the time. I am harsh with JL Momma because the Holy Spirit wants me to be harsh with her for some reason. Maybe it's God's last call to her. Who knows?

But things are changing behind the scenes. I am probably coming to an end of this kind of straight talk with atheists. I am being led to focus much more on exposition than combat. You'll see what I mean over the course of this Spring and Summer.

So, you and I are friends still, even if it doesn't always feel like it. I fought four guys tonight. They kicked me in the gut and head; I kicked them in the gut and head, and we're all looking forward to seeing each other on Thursday. Things aren't always as they appear.

Besides, you can't dislike me. If you do, you'll be disliking someone who truly respects you, and what good is that? And I do. I don't agree with all you believe in. But I am absolutely convinced you can teach me a great deal. I'm absolutely convinced you're saved and will be in heaven and that God likes you. And if God likes you, then I better like you. Right?
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post
14-03-2012, 02:31 AM (This post was last modified: 14-03-2012 02:32 AM by morondog.)
(14-03-2012 02:06 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(13-03-2012 03:18 PM)morondog Wrote:  ... You can be pretty damn unpleasant sometimes Egor. I know Veridicanism, the religion of love, requires it, but...

Ah forget it Sad

I'm only pleasant when I'm agreeing with you. So, let me be more pleasant: You're right, I can be pretty damn unpleasant sometimes.

I really don't know what to make of you. Anyway, you are incorrect. You have made many posts where despite championing your beliefs you managed not to come across as an ass. I'm thinking of the ones in that thread started by KC about Veridicanism, the other ones where you debated Calvinism... Some others scattered about. That's pleasant. I don't agree with your viewpoint but I am capable of applauding.

One thing that we (or at least I) value above all else is freedom of belief. In this thread, you have ridden (or at least tried to ride) roughshod over another's belief - not *respected* that her viewpoint could be different to your own. Also when called on it, you responded with more macho stuff, when she stood up for herself you escalated... That's unpleasant.

Look I'm not trying to judge you... and I need to work Tongue So ja. I don't know... Sorry if I came across myself in this post as an ass, I don't have time to edit and think about what I'm saying.
And right in your next post you go and make a cool one! See Smile
Find all posts by this user
14-03-2012, 02:39 AM

(14-03-2012 02:31 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(14-03-2012 02:06 AM)Egor Wrote:  

Ah forget it Sad

I really don't know what to make of you. Anyway, you are incorrect. You have made many posts where despite championing your beliefs you managed not to come across as an ass. I'm thinking of the ones in that thread started by KC about Veridicanism, the other ones where you debated Calvinism... Some others scattered about. That's pleasant. I don't agree with your viewpoint but I am capable of applauding.

One thing that we (or at least I) value above all else is freedom of belief. In this thread, you have ridden (or at least tried to ride) roughshod over another's belief - not *respected* that her viewpoint could be different to your own. Also when called on it, you responded with more macho stuff, when she stood up for herself you escalated... That's unpleasant.

Look I'm not trying to judge you... and I need to work Tongue So ja. I don't know... Sorry if I came across myself in this post as an ass, I don't have time to edit and think about what I'm saying.
And right in your next post you go and make a cool one! See Smile

It's not hard. I just say what I mean.
Quote this message in a reply
14-03-2012, 08:39 AM (This post was last modified: 14-03-2012 08:43 AM by Logica Humano.)
(13-03-2012 06:39 PM)craniumonempty Wrote:  
(13-03-2012 03:44 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  There are 10,000,000,000,000,000,000 particles that we can all observe. Your momma took all the ugly ones and put em' all into one nerd.

See? I am a nice guy too, but I can insult people for no reason.

EDIT... they have text in the song... for each million, they just add three more zeros... hmm, go figure. They were way short
EDIT2: if you look at Hawking's original quote, he says a few more millions (meaning 6 zeros each) and says "something like" before which is 1.0x10^85 so his original quote was much closer

Wow, kind of shot low with that number didn't you... I think in the song he says "10 Million, Million, Million, Million, Million, Million, Million, Million, Million particles in the Universe that we can observe. You’re momma took the ugly ones and put them into one nerd"
Which I think is:
or 1.0x10^55, but I think it's closer to 2.5x10^89 (elementary particles) currently. I think they just used 10millionmillion... because it sounds better though.

I am well aware of their inaccuracy. Yes, they did it because it sounded better. Killjoy. xD

Egor, wording means everything.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
14-03-2012, 09:06 AM
Egor, I still like you, man. You've grown on me; but, I just don't think a militant approach to anything is well received by the opposing party.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]