Amen break - The most important 6 sec drum loop

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-08-2013, 06:59 PM (This post was last modified: 27-08-2013 07:05 PM by Filox.)
Amen break - The most important 6 sec drum loop

This video is so fucking incredible and everyone who think they know anything about music must see this. Then you may see how little you know about music.

Sleepy

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-09-2013, 12:03 AM
RE: Amen break - The most important 6 sec drum loop
I wonder, I wonder, how come not a single soul commented on this. You will all get into arguments with I&I, but you will not listen to something so important like this? I have to say, you are a strange bunch.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
23-09-2013, 09:28 PM
Meh. I knew about it already.

... but it is a fascinating story.

Not like there're many comments on my music thread, y'know.

... this is my signature!
23-09-2013, 11:26 PM
It was a pretty interesting story. But honestly it's just one example (a great one, no doubt) of how music gets ripped off in order to get "reinvented". Especially in pop music. I would have commented, but I didn't have anything good to say other than, "well, yeah".

Which is kinda what I'm doing in this post. Consider

When I write riffs on the guitar, most times my inspiration comes directly from something I am currently listening to. A certain riff will hit me and I'll go, man I love the feel of what their doing, I should try to come up with something like that. I'll even get something cool going in my head, have the whole thing sounding great in my mind. Then I pick up the guitar and try to work it out, but as I do so it always ends up changing into something else as I'm trying different chords or runs to come up with something that is playable and sounds good.

So I end up with a nice, original riff. All from trying to rip off someone else's idea. But if I'm truly honest, it's still just a slightly modified rip off of someone else's idea. That's how music works for those of us not naturally gifted enough to do something truly brilliant and original. There are millions of musicians, but only a handful that are really that gifted. We too, stand on the shoulders of giants.

Besides, every cool riff has already been written by Sabbath, you didn't know? Tongue

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
23-09-2013, 11:26 PM
(22-09-2013 12:03 AM)Filox Wrote:  You will all get into arguments with I&I...

You're jealous...

...of I & I Dodgy

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post