America, Who Will Be Your President?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-01-2012, 08:51 AM
Question America, Who Will Be Your President?
I know that many of you are from Canada and other parts of the world. Here in America we need to choose a new president. We need to decide who we will vote for and prepare to support him/her.I have made my choice. I was very conservative once. But not any longer, I have become a moderate. I see the right wing conservatives threatening to take away a woman's right to abortion, and make attacks against Planned Parenthood, an organization which is helping to solve lots of sexually oriented problems in this world. I have made my choice. Do you have one?

I Will Be Voting For Barak Obama
[Image: Barack%252520Obama.jpg]

Something, Or Someone Is Really Out There!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2012, 08:55 AM
RE: America, Who Will Be Your President?
[Image: ron-paul.gif]

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like germanyt's post
04-01-2012, 09:22 AM
I don't pay attention to American politics because well.....it's American politics. I can only tolerate the loss of so many brain cells.
So my questions is. Who the hell is Ron Paul? Not that religious idiot I hope.
Also. I think Obama is a good guy as he hasn't done anything to make me hate him.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
04-01-2012, 09:23 AM
(04-01-2012 09:22 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  I don't pay attention to American politics because well.....it's American politics. I can only tolerate the loss of so many brain cells.
So my questions is. Who the hell is Ron Paul? Not that religious idiot I hope.
Also. I think Obama is a good guy as he hasn't done anything to make me hate him.

Ron Paul is the only one that can save us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_paul

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
04-01-2012, 09:45 AM
(04-01-2012 09:23 AM)germanyt Wrote:  Ron Paul is the only one that can save us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_paul
I do not believe he is America's savior. I think he would probably make us weaker in the rest of the world. In what ways do you see him saving us?

04-01-2012, 10:15 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2012 10:20 AM by ddrew.)
They are all idiots imo.

BUT if it came down to it between Obama and Ron Paul... I might pay close attention to what Ron has to say... so far he seems to have the America First agenda going..

I'm tired of the U.S. trying to police the whole fuckin world.. we've got our own damn problems .. America needs to fix itself first and leave it's shit out of other nations business..

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 2 users Like ddrew's post
04-01-2012, 10:37 AM
(04-01-2012 10:15 AM)ddrew Wrote:  BUT if it came down to it between Obama and Ron Paul... I might pay close attention to what Ron has to say... so far he seems to have the America First agenda going..

I'm tired of the US trying to police the whole fuckin world.. we've got our own damn problems .. America needs to fix itself first and leave it's shit out of other nations business..

As much as I like some of what RP says, I disagree with most of his platform. I think Libertarianism is a potentially dangerous step backwards in a lot of ways. Ron Paul wants to get rid of the Dept. of Education. He's anti-abortion and women's rights. He's racist and homophobic.

Sure a "personal responsibility" platform sounds great- getting rid of lots of government intervention, but I'm a firm believer that much of the government intervention is more helpful than hurtful. Especially when it comes down to consumer and workers' rights and protection.

I agree that the US needs to focus on itself rather than police the world. But in some cases, other parts of the world depends on the US for aid and protection. If we have the power to help, we should help. What we shouldn't be doing is starting wars in Iraq and Iran and other places in the world that don't want or need our help.

There are a lot of good things about RP, but enough bad things for me to not want to vote him into office. Obama doesn't leave me feeling confident anymore, but I'll still likely vote for him.

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
[+] 5 users Like kineo's post
04-01-2012, 10:41 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2012 10:54 AM by Infidel.)
Quote:As much as I like some of what RP says, I disagree with most of his platform. I think Libertarianism is a potentially dangerous step backwards in a lot of ways. Ron Paul wants to get rid of the Dept. of Education. He's anti-abortion and women's rights. He's racist and homophobic.

I am sure we would never find a politician who we could agree with on all things. But those are some good reasons why I could never support Ron.

04-01-2012, 10:21 PM
I will probably vote for Obama given the choices. Ron Paul has some good points like getting rid of the federal reserve and I like that he's a strict constitutionist (at least he acts and say he is). Ron Paul also wants to legalize Mary Jane. I'm not sure if he could accomplish that though.

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
04-01-2012, 10:42 PM
(04-01-2012 10:21 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  I will probably vote for Obama given the choices. Ron Paul has some good points like getting rid of the federal reserve and I like that he's a strict constitutionist (at least he acts and say he is). Ron Paul also wants to legalize Mary Jane. I'm not sure if he could accomplish that though.

Strict constructionist except when it comes to separation of church and state.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]