America, Who Will Be Your President?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-01-2012, 11:59 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2012 12:04 AM by mysticjbyrd.)
RE: America, Who Will Be Your President?
(04-01-2012 09:23 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(04-01-2012 09:22 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  I don't pay attention to American politics because well.....it's American politics. I can only tolerate the loss of so many brain cells.
So my questions is. Who the hell is Ron Paul? Not that religious idiot I hope.
Also. I think Obama is a good guy as he hasn't done anything to make me hate him.

Ron Paul is the only one that can save us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_paul
Save us from what? The Big Bad Black man? Stop watching Faux News!

Everything on that horrible joke of a network comes straight out of an old white mans ass, so why would you put it in your mouth and regurgitate it?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes mysticjbyrd's post
05-01-2012, 04:39 AM
I would have thought it would be a one horse race! apart from the economy Obama has been the best president for years IMO.

I hope Americans don't elect that Evolution denying numpty Ron Paul, or any banjo playing, inbred, creationist from the deep south!
05-01-2012, 08:16 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2012 08:28 AM by germanyt.)
(04-01-2012 11:59 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  
(04-01-2012 09:23 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(04-01-2012 09:22 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  I don't pay attention to American politics because well.....it's American politics. I can only tolerate the loss of so many brain cells.
So my questions is. Who the hell is Ron Paul? Not that religious idiot I hope.
Also. I think Obama is a good guy as he hasn't done anything to make me hate him.

Ron Paul is the only one that can save us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_paul
Save us from what? The Big Bad Black man? Stop watching Faux News!

Everything on that horrible joke of a network comes straight out of an old white mans ass, so why would you put it in your mouth and regurgitate it?

Are you kidding me? As if you can find info about Ron Paul anywhere on Fox News. They ignore him completely. How about you educate yourself before spouting off MSNBC talking points. Idiot.

And are you suggesting that I have a problem with Obama's race?

For those who aren't up to speed on Ron Paul. He is the only one with a real plan for getting us out of Afghanistan (as well as nearly every other country we occupy), balancing a budget, reducing the deficit, cutting taxes, lowering spending, and radically reducing the size and scope of the federal government. He has very well thought out plans for reduction of government and so many people are so used to relying on big daddy government they are scared to vote for him and call him extreme. He want's to end the Federal Reserve and the Dept. of Education. Clearly out education system sucks so why would anyone have a problem with making changes? Charter schools work and schools that get funded based on performance tend to fire bad teachers and retain good ones. Ron Paul wants to get the US out of every other countires business. It's no wonder so many other culture's despise us. We have armed military member parading up and down their streets in Hummer's all day and all night. If you want to keep spending money like it's endless, keep increasing the size of government, keep increasing out national deficit and debts, keep fighting wars for nothing, keep struggling to maintain a decent level of education, keep allowing the Fed to hand out money and manipulate our currency, etc, etc, then by all means vote for Obama or someone like Newt.
(05-01-2012 04:39 AM)RedDragon81 Wrote:  Obama has been the best president for years IMO.

You have got to be kidding me. I'm not even convinced Obama is better than Bush. And certainly not a better president than Clinton or H.W.
(04-01-2012 10:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-01-2012 10:21 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  I will probably vote for Obama given the choices. Ron Paul has some good points like getting rid of the federal reserve and I like that he's a strict constitutionist (at least he acts and say he is). Ron Paul also wants to legalize Mary Jane. I'm not sure if he could accomplish that though.

Strict constructionist except when it comes to separation of church and state.

What do you mean 'except for sep of church and state'? I've never heard anything from Ron Paul that indicates he isn't a fan of separation of church and state. He's in favor of states rights and following the Constitution. And so what if he's pro life and pro DOMA. He can't ban abortion and he can't ban gay marriage where it's legal.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
05-01-2012, 09:28 AM
[/quote]
(05-01-2012 08:16 AM)germanyt Wrote:  What do you mean 'except for sep of church and state'? I've never heard anything from Ron Paul that indicates he isn't a fan of separation of church and state. He's in favor of states rights and following the Constitution. And so what if he's pro life and pro DOMA. He can't ban abortion and he can't ban gay marriage where it's legal.
I have never heard any reports of Ron wanting to join the church and state together as one unit. But why do the pro lifers act like the world has a problem with low population, and is therefore in desperate need of every single baby? Yahweh, god of the old testament did not seem to feel this baby shortage problem obviously!!!! If real love creates a baby I am sure it will be in very good hands. A facts of life sex education would be a good way to help prevent unwanted pregnancy.

Something, Or Someone Is Really Out There!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-01-2012, 09:34 AM
Although im not american, if i were i would be torn between Paul and Obama.
But obama has a good track record, he prevented the downfalll of the US, and the worlds economy
and he seems like a seular guy that focuses on real world issues.
When it comes down to policy, obama wins imo

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
05-01-2012, 09:36 AM
(05-01-2012 08:16 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
Quote:Strict constructionist except when it comes to separation of church and state.

What do you mean 'except for sep of church and state'? I've never heard anything from Ron Paul that indicates he isn't a fan of separation of church and state. He's in favor of states rights and following the Constitution. And so what if he's pro life and pro DOMA. He can't ban abortion and he can't ban gay marriage where it's legal.

Ron Paul said:
Quote:The notion of a rigid separation between church and state has no basis in either the text of the Constitution or the writings of our Founding Fathers. On the contrary, our Founders' political views were strongly informed by their religious beliefs. Certainly the drafters of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, both replete with references to God, would be aghast at the federal government's hostility to religion. The establishment clause of the First Amendment was simply intended to forbid the creation of an official state church like the Church of England, not to drive religion out of public life. The Founding Fathers envisioned a robustly Christian yet religiously tolerant America, with churches serving as vital institutions that would eclipse the state in importance. Throughout our nation's history, churches have done what no government can ever do, namely teach morality and civility. Moral and civil individuals are largely governed by their own sense of right and wrong, and hence have little need for external government. This is the real reason the collectivist Left hates religion: Churches as institutions compete with the state for the people's allegiance, and many devout people put their faith in God before putting their faith in the state. Knowing this, the secularists wage an ongoing war against religion, chipping away bit by bit at our nation's Christian heritage. Christmas itself may soon be a casualty of that war."

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
05-01-2012, 09:39 AM
(05-01-2012 09:36 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 08:16 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
Quote:Strict constructionist except when it comes to separation of church and state.

Ron Paul said:
Quote:The notion of a rigid separation between church and state has no basis in either the text of the Constitution or the writings of our Founding Fathers. On the contrary, our Founders' political views were strongly informed by their religious beliefs. Certainly the drafters of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, both replete with references to God, would be aghast at the federal government's hostility to religion. The establishment clause of the First Amendment was simply intended to forbid the creation of an official state church like the Church of England, not to drive religion out of public life. The Founding Fathers envisioned a robustly Christian yet religiously tolerant America, with churches serving as vital institutions that would eclipse the state in importance. Throughout our nation's history, churches have done what no government can ever do, namely teach morality and civility. Moral and civil individuals are largely governed by their own sense of right and wrong, and hence have little need for external government. This is the real reason the collectivist Left hates religion: Churches as institutions compete with the state for the people's allegiance, and many devout people put their faith in God before putting their faith in the state. Knowing this, the secularists wage an ongoing war against religion, chipping away bit by bit at our nation's Christian heritage. Christmas itself may soon be a casualty of that war."

When did he say that?

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
05-01-2012, 09:39 AM
(05-01-2012 09:28 AM)Infidel Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 08:16 AM)germanyt Wrote:  What do you mean 'except for sep of church and state'? I've never heard anything from Ron Paul that indicates he isn't a fan of separation of church and state. He's in favor of states rights and following the Constitution. And so what if he's pro life and pro DOMA. He can't ban abortion and he can't ban gay marriage where it's legal.
I have never heard any reports of Ron wanting to join the church and state together as one unit. But why do the pro lifers act like the world has a problem with low population, and is therefore in desperate need of every single baby? Yahweh, god of the old testament did not seem to feel this baby shortage problem obviously!!!! If real love creates a baby I am sure it will be in very good hands. A facts of life sex education would be a good way to help prevent unwanted pregnancy.

I didn't say 'join together'. I am referring to what Ron Paul has said.

"The notion of a rigid separation between church and state has no basis in either the text of the Constitution or the writings of our Founding Fathers. On the contrary, our Founders' political views were strongly informed by their religious beliefs. Certainly the drafters of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, both replete with references to God, would be aghast at the federal government's hostility to religion. The establishment clause of the First Amendment was simply intended to forbid the creation of an official state church like the Church of England, not to drive religion out of public life. The Founding Fathers envisioned a robustly Christian yet religiously tolerant America, with churches serving as vital institutions that would eclipse the state in importance. Throughout our nation's history, churches have done what no government can ever do, namely teach morality and civility. Moral and civil individuals are largely governed by their own sense of right and wrong, and hence have little need for external government. This is the real reason the collectivist Left hates religion: Churches as institutions compete with the state for the people's allegiance, and many devout people put their faith in God before putting their faith in the state. Knowing this, the secularists wage an ongoing war against religion, chipping away bit by bit at our nation's Christian heritage. Christmas itself may soon be a casualty of that war."

He is quite wrong.

05-01-2012, 09:44 AM
(05-01-2012 09:34 AM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  Although im not american, if i were i would be torn between Paul and Obama.
But obama has a good track record, he prevented the downfalll of the US, and the worlds economy

Listen I don't hate Obama. I'll even be voting for him if Paul doesn't get the nomination. But his presidency has been abyssmal. The nations debt has doubled, unemployment is still over 9%, we have a horrific health care law taking effect a little bit at a time, and a Congress who hates the other side so much that nothing can get done. And Obama can't seem to make everyone play nice so it's party politics as usual. Barack Obama is the same president as W. Wars, spending, congressional gridlock, special interests, Patriot Act, bailouts, etc. They are the same guy.

-Mark Twain
05-01-2012, 09:47 AM
(05-01-2012 09:44 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 09:34 AM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  Although im not american, if i were i would be torn between Paul and Obama.

Listen I don't hate Obama. I'll even be voting for him if Paul doesn't get the nomination. But his presidency has been abyssmal. The nations debt has doubled, unemployment is still over 9%, we have a horrific health care law taking effect a little bit at a time, and a Congress who hates the other side so much that nothing can get done. And Obama can't seem to make everyone play nice so it's party politics as usual. Barack Obama is the same president as W. Wars, spending, congressional gridlock, special interests, Patriot Act, bailouts, etc. They are the same guy.

If he's the 'same guy', why does the Right hate him so much?