America, Who Will Be Your President?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2012, 09:52 AM
RE: America, Who Will Be Your President?
(05-01-2012 04:39 AM)RedDragon81 Wrote:  I would have thought it would be a one horse race! apart from the economy Obama has been the best president for years IMO.

Which is exactly why you shouldn't vote for Obama. Social issues be damned! They are of the least importance right now. Our economy is in such a dire situation right now, and we need someone who can remedy it. I'm not saying to ignore social issues, but they shouldn't be a political platform or voting points. Voters need to focus on what the real issues are... and they ain't social.

Besides, if Obama gets in again, we're just going to have another 4 years of deadlock because the Republicans aren't going to let him do anything - just like his last 4 years.

Quote:I hope Americans don't elect that Evolution denying numpty Ron Paul, or any banjo playing, inbred, creationist from the deep south!

Spoken like a true bigot. You are no different than the people you condemn. Congrats on being a hypocrite.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2012, 09:54 AM
(05-01-2012 09:52 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
Quote:I hope Americans don't elect that Evolution denying numpty Ron Paul, or any banjo playing, inbred, creationist from the deep south!

Spoken like a true bigot. You are no different than the people you condemn. Congrats on being a hypocrite.

That's called satire, KC.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-01-2012, 09:56 AM
(05-01-2012 09:54 AM)Chas Wrote:  

No, no it's not. Animal Farm is satire. The above is pure bigotry. It may, at the very least, be sardonic, but it isn't satire.

05-01-2012, 09:59 AM
(05-01-2012 09:56 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  

No, no it's not. Animal Farm is satire. The above is pure bigotry. It may, at the very least, be sardonic, but it isn't satire.

It was certainly sardonic, but:
sat·ire /ˈsætaɪər/ [sat-ahyuhr]
noun
1. the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-01-2012, 10:10 AM
Quote:Spoken like a true bigot. You are no different than the people you condemn. Congrats on being a hypocrite

Thank you! I think you'll find that I am very different to the type of people who think that electing George W. Bush as president was a great idea! You don't know me Theist!
05-01-2012, 10:21 AM
Ron Paul would feel happy to throw your grand parents out in the cold. He is VERY dangerous and he is only a strict constitutionist when it is what he believes. As for women's rights or gay rights forget it. He panders to the evangelical fanatical element of our country. He would make pot legal but bust homosexuals. He's a total nut job. He not even a libertarian like he wants you to think he is. Every country is know by how they deal with the most poor and underprivileged. If you toss them aside like trash , we have really become a 3rd world. We'll be more like Mexico than we should. It's a shame one of the richest country's on the planet don't have health care for everyone! We have homelessness that is growing exponentially and the only thing Ron Paul worries about is how much money the rich pay out in taxes. He makes me want to vomit.
05-01-2012, 10:28 AM
(05-01-2012 09:47 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 09:44 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 09:34 AM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  Although im not american, if i were i would be torn between Paul and Obama.
But obama has a good track record, he prevented the downfalll of the US, and the worlds economy
and he seems like a seular guy that focuses on real world issues.
When it comes down to policy, obama wins imo

Listen I don't hate Obama. I'll even be voting for him if Paul doesn't get the nomination. But his presidency has been abyssmal. The nations debt has doubled, unemployment is still over 9%, we have a horrific health care law taking effect a little bit at a time, and a Congress who hates the other side so much that nothing can get done. And Obama can't seem to make everyone play nice so it's party politics as usual. Barack Obama is the same president as W. Wars, spending, congressional gridlock, special interests, Patriot Act, bailouts, etc. They are the same guy.

If he's the 'same guy', why does the Right hate him so much?

Because he's pro union, pro socialized medicine (even thought reps have been pushing this for decades), pro environment, not anti muslim, okay with gay marriage and gays in the military. He's pretty socially liberal but overall failry conservative. Especially on foreign policy and wars. I can't explain why the right dislikes him so much.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
05-01-2012, 10:32 AM
(05-01-2012 10:28 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 09:47 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 09:44 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 09:34 AM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  Although im not american, if i were i would be torn between Paul and Obama.
But obama has a good track record, he prevented the downfalll of the US, and the worlds economy
and he seems like a seular guy that focuses on real world issues.
When it comes down to policy, obama wins imo

Listen I don't hate Obama. I'll even be voting for him if Paul doesn't get the nomination. But his presidency has been abyssmal. The nations debt has doubled, unemployment is still over 9%, we have a horrific health care law taking effect a little bit at a time, and a Congress who hates the other side so much that nothing can get done. And Obama can't seem to make everyone play nice so it's party politics as usual. Barack Obama is the same president as W. Wars, spending, congressional gridlock, special interests, Patriot Act, bailouts, etc. They are the same guy.

If he's the 'same guy', why does the Right hate him so much?

Because he's pro union, pro socialized medicine (even thought reps have been pushing this for decades), pro environment, not anti muslim, okay with gay marriage and gays in the military. He's pretty socially liberal but overall failry conservative. Especially on foreign policy and wars. I can't explain why the right dislikes him so much.

Because he has a D next to his name.

Honestly, Rs and Ds need to go. Completely. Partisan politics is killing the US.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
05-01-2012, 10:35 AM
(05-01-2012 10:21 AM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  Ron Paul would feel happy to throw your grand parents out in the cold. He is VERY dangerous and he is only a strict constitutionist when it is what he believes. As for women's rights or gay rights forget it. He panders to the evangelical fanatical element of our country. He would make pot legal but bust homosexuals. He's a total nut job. He not even a libertarian like he wants you to think he is. Every country is know by how they deal with the most poor and underprivileged. If you toss them aside like trash , we have really become a 3rd world. We'll be more like Mexico than we should. It's a shame one of the richest country's on the planet don't have health care for everyone! We have homelessness that is growing exponentially and the only thing Ron Paul worries about is how much money the rich pay out in taxes. He makes me want to vomit.

He doesn't pander to evangelicals. He will not 'bust' homos (whatever that means). Ron Paul is not a corporate, Wall St. fat cat politician. FYI, Ron Paul is the only candidate that hasn't taken a single dollar from one of Americas billionaires. He panders to the rich less than any other candidate in the race, including Obama.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
05-01-2012, 10:37 AM
(05-01-2012 09:59 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 09:56 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  

It was certainly sardonic, but:
sat·ire /ˈsætaɪər/ [sat-ahyuhr]
noun
1. the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.

Fine, the denotation is sarcasm but the connotation isn't. His last post confirms his personal bigotry for anyone who voted for Bush, and the post before that explains what he thinks about those people.

And Red Dragon, I only assert what I know about you from what you post. Your post was pretty blatant, so it's safe to say that you have preconceived ire towards anyone on the political right.