America, Who Will Be Your President?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2012, 10:38 AM
RE: America, Who Will Be Your President?
(05-01-2012 10:10 AM)RedDragon81 Wrote:  
Quote:Spoken like a true bigot. You are no different than the people you condemn. Congrats on being a hypocrite

Thank you! I think you'll find that I am very different to the type of people who think that electing George W. Bush as president was a great idea! You don't know me Theist!

If you voted for Obama you voted for Bush.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2012, 10:53 AM
(05-01-2012 10:37 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Fine, the denotation is sarcasm but the connotation isn't. His last post confirms his personal bigotry for anyone who voted for Bush, and the post before that explains what he thinks about those people.

And Red Dragon, I only assert what I know about you from what you post. Your post was pretty blatant, so it's safe to say that you have preconceived ire towards anyone on the political right.

There you go making a (bigoted?) assumption. Red Dragon's ire may be well-considered and rationally thought out, not preconceived. You don't know.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-01-2012, 10:55 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2012 10:57 AM by kingschosen.)
(05-01-2012 10:53 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 10:37 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Fine, the denotation is sarcasm but the connotation isn't. His last post confirms his personal bigotry for anyone who voted for Bush, and the post before that explains what he thinks about those people.

And Red Dragon, I only assert what I know about you from what you post. Your post was pretty blatant, so it's safe to say that you have preconceived ire towards anyone on the political right.

There you go making a (bigoted?) assumption. Red Dragon's ire may be well-considered and rationally thought out, not preconceived. You don't know.

I concede. You are right.

Sorry Red Dragon.
(05-01-2012 10:38 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
Quote:Spoken like a true bigot. You are no different than the people you condemn. Congrats on being a hypocrite

Thank you! I think you'll find that I am very different to the type of people who think that electing George W. Bush as president was a great idea! You don't know me Theist!

Yep. Which is why I didn't vote for either one.

I felt they would both be horrible for our nation and I was right.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
05-01-2012, 10:58 AM
(05-01-2012 10:55 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 10:53 AM)Chas Wrote:  

I concede. You are right.

Sorry Red Dragon.
(05-01-2012 10:38 AM)germanyt Wrote:  

Yep. Which is why I didn't vote for either one.

I felt they would both be horrible for our nation and I was right.

I voted for McCain. I'm not upset that he didn't win though.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
05-01-2012, 11:05 AM
(05-01-2012 10:58 AM)germanyt Wrote:  I voted for McCain. I'm not upset that he didn't win though.

I was very pro-McCain until he picked Palin for VP. That looked like a base, political choice, and she's just scary.

05-01-2012, 11:08 AM
(05-01-2012 10:32 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Honestly, Rs and Ds need to go. Completely. Partisan politics is killing the US.

They really do need to go... They can't get anything done for the people who they are supposed to represent. Instead of fixing our homeland problems they spend their time pointing fingers .. placing blame.. making excuses. The system is fucked up and corrupt. They've all sold out to the corporate big oil companies and the wall street bigots.

The news is reporting that in this new year gas prices will reach record highs... Guess which corporations are going to have record high profits this year... I don't even need to say it cause you already know which ones... and in the end who is going to suffer? The American people. Oil prices control everything.. controls food costs, medical costs, housing costs, higher taxes.. and higher national debt.

The American people are hurting, losing homes, jobs, and are fed up with the government bullshit. It's not looking good. I wouldn't be supprised if America has a complete economic meltdown within a year or two. It's not going to matter who is in that office... or who controls the house and senate... it's all still going to be non-progressive bullshit sqwabble.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 1 user Likes ddrew's post
05-01-2012, 11:11 AM
(05-01-2012 11:05 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 10:58 AM)germanyt Wrote:  I voted for McCain. I'm not upset that he didn't win though.

I was very pro-McCain until he picked Palin for VP. That looked like a base, political choice, and she's just scary.

Yeah I was a fan of hers in my Fox News brainwashed right wing days. I've grown up since then.

However,

[Image: govsarahpalin.jpg]

[Image: WoodPlough.jpg]

-Mark Twain
05-01-2012, 11:37 AM
(05-01-2012 10:38 AM)germanyt Wrote:  If you voted for Obama you voted for Bush.

I voted for Hillary in the primaries, but Obama won out. But still, I don't think Obama is the same as Bush- and he certainly didn't promise to be. Don't get me wrong, I have my gripes about Obama. I seriously doubt McCain would have done any better for the country, with the exception that he at least wouldn't have Congress being stubborn children holding the country hostage. He was promising to be Bush 2.0 and that "maverick" bullshit was done and gone by the time he was running for president. He started aligning himself with and backing Bush way before the republican primaries so he could get the nomination. Obama was the best hope we had, as disappointing as he's been. I don't see Ron Paul's policies as a step forward.

Social concerns are a top priority with economy and we need to figure out a way to fix the economy without breaking the backs of the people we're fixing it for.
05-01-2012, 12:52 PM
(05-01-2012 11:08 AM)ddrew Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 10:32 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Honestly, Rs and Ds need to go. Completely. Partisan politics is killing the US.

They really do need to go... They can't get anything done for the people who they are supposed to represent. Instead of fixing our homeland problems they spend their time pointing fingers .. placing blame.. making excuses. The system is fucked up and corrupt. They've all sold out to the corporate big oil companies and the wall street bigots.

I think a good first step in that direction is to end all public funding of party-related matters, specifically party primaries.
Get the government out of the parties and the parties will have less power in government.

Why should we be paying for primaries? Political parties are private concerns; maybe we should all be forced to fund PACs as well.

05-01-2012, 02:34 PM
kingschosen Wrote:Besides, if Obama gets in again, we're just going to have another 4 years of deadlock because the Republicans aren't going to let him do anything - just like his last 4 years.

That's exactly why I would vote for Obama. I won't give in to their retarded ways. If they can't give room then they need to go.

Regardless of who you vote for, it's going to be the exact same thing. They are all idiots that are as corrupt as any country on this planet. They only do their dirty dealing on a playing field that we are used to. The two parties we are given I'd vote democrat over republican any day because repub's haven't produced a decent smart person in years. God this, God that blah blah blah....I'm so sick of that moronic nonsense. I just laugh at the idiots running for office it's comedy central.

No amount of arguing on this forum is going to matter in the least bit. I'm betting not one person on this board has enough pull or money to get anything they want (unless of course you got millions to stand behind a movement; which is highly unlikely considering how lazy Americans are). If a Republican get's voted in we are probably going to go to war with Iran. If Obama wins we may hold off for a while on a war with Iran but eventually go to war.

The biggest problem is most people are clueless on the issues and are completely uninformed. The media makes sure we don't get accurate information. The general public just votes for their religious views or something they just like about the candidate. I speak with my acquaintances and family and all of them are clueless about what's going on. This I'm betting you is a majority in the US. It'll only get worse because people just don't care enough to get educated. No motivation to do better.

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!