America, Who Will Be Your President?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2012, 02:42 PM
RE: America, Who Will Be Your President?
(05-01-2012 02:34 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  which is highly unlikely considering how lazy Americans are

I was going to object to this, but then I found that I just don't feel like typing.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like kineo's post
05-01-2012, 02:47 PM
(05-01-2012 02:42 PM)kineo Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 02:34 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  which is highly unlikely considering how lazy Americans are

I was going to object to this, but then I found that I just don't feel like typing.

Yeah I agr

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
05-01-2012, 03:06 PM
(05-01-2012 02:34 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  I'm betting not one person on this board has enough pull or money to get anything they want (unless of course you got millions to stand behind a movement; which is highly unlikely considering how lazy Americans are).

[Image: not_sure_if_srs.jpg?t=1261523533]

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
05-01-2012, 03:21 PM
The answers my friends, are blowing in the wind.

Something, Or Someone Is Really Out There!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-01-2012, 04:46 PM
It (almost) doesn't fucking matter!!
It is probably more important to elect rational people to the House and Senate; people not beholden to special interests or the powers that be.

Do not return anyone to Congress! Show them the door.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
05-01-2012, 05:07 PM
RE: It (almost) doesn't fucking matter!!
(05-01-2012 04:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  It is probably more important to elect rational people to the House and Senate; people not beholden to special interests or the powers that be.

A major part of the problem is that it seems to take selling your soul to those interests in order to get elected.
05-01-2012, 05:11 PM
(05-01-2012 05:07 PM)kineo Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 04:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  It is probably more important to elect rational people to the House and Senate; people not beholden to special interests or the powers that be.

A major part of the problem is that it seems to take selling your soul to those interests in order to get elected.

My concept is that if enough people are committed to returning no incumbents to Congress, then it would be easier and less expensive to elect non-career politicians.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
05-01-2012, 05:16 PM
(05-01-2012 05:07 PM)kineo Wrote:  

Doesn't mean you have to do anythign for them once in office.

brb take 1 million from pharmacuetical companies and cripple their profits through legislation

not srs

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
05-01-2012, 06:01 PM
Here, let me help you with your re-election campaign, I think you dropped it over there. Big Grin
16-01-2012, 02:01 PM

(05-01-2012 09:44 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 09:34 AM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  Although im not american, if i were i would be torn between Paul and Obama.
But obama has a good track record, he prevented the downfalll of the US, and the worlds economy
and he seems like a seular guy that focuses on real world issues.
When it comes down to policy, obama wins imo

Listen I don't hate Obama. I'll even be voting for him if Paul doesn't get the nomination. But his presidency has been abyssmal. The nations debt has doubled, unemployment is still over 9%, we have a horrific health care law taking effect a little bit at a time, and a Congress who hates the other side so much that nothing can get done. And Obama can't seem to make everyone play nice so it's party politics as usual. Barack Obama is the same president as W. Wars, spending, congressional gridlock, special interests, Patriot Act, bailouts, etc. They are the same guy.

Yes and No.
Careful on the Unemployment number. By day i am a technical recruiter (headhunter) for manufacturing companies. DOL reports (for years) that a 3.5 UE rate is stastastical zero. For those with 4 year degree's the number hovers around 4.5 (currently). I had to hire 2 new recruiters in 2011 to handle the work load. We are turning business away!

Now as far as him being W's 3rd term...YEP! I agree. Obama's refusal to grow a backbone has seen him green light Patriot Act and NCLB without a wimper. Gitmo is still open too.
Now, he's gotten a few bad guys...and that accounts for something in my book. AND the Making Homes Affordable Act...that was a HUGE thing (for those that know how to follow directions, and had a reasonable mortgage company).

I am sorely dissappointed in O's 4 years and had decided the ONLY thing that would get me of my ass on election was to vote against anyone from the Religious Reich (palin, bachmann, perry).

I predict a record LOW turnout this year...as no one gives a rats ass. Many folks bought into the O'Hysteria..and were blown away at how bad he was......then again..still BETTER than McPalin for damn sure.

D
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Denicio's post