America, Who Will Be Your President?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-01-2012, 02:07 PM
RE: America, Who Will Be Your President?
(16-01-2012 02:01 PM)Denicio Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 09:44 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 09:34 AM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  Although im not american, if i were i would be torn between Paul and Obama.
But obama has a good track record, he prevented the downfalll of the US, and the worlds economy
and he seems like a seular guy that focuses on real world issues.
When it comes down to policy, obama wins imo

Listen I don't hate Obama. I'll even be voting for him if Paul doesn't get the nomination. But his presidency has been abyssmal. The nations debt has doubled, unemployment is still over 9%, we have a horrific health care law taking effect a little bit at a time, and a Congress who hates the other side so much that nothing can get done. And Obama can't seem to make everyone play nice so it's party politics as usual. Barack Obama is the same president as W. Wars, spending, congressional gridlock, special interests, Patriot Act, bailouts, etc. They are the same guy.

Yes and No.
Careful on the Unemployment number. By day i am a technical recruiter (headhunter) for manufacturing companies. DOL reports (for years) that a 3.5 UE rate is stastastical zero. For those with 4 year degree's the number hovers around 4.5 (currently). I had to hire 2 new recruiters in 2011 to handle the work load. We are turning business away!

Now as far as him being W's 3rd term...YEP! I agree. Obama's refusal to grow a backbone has seen him green light Patriot Act and NCLB without a wimper. Gitmo is still open too.
Now, he's gotten a few bad guys...and that accounts for something in my book. AND the Making Homes Affordable Act...that was a HUGE thing (for those that know how to follow directions, and had a reasonable mortgage company).

I am sorely dissappointed in O's 4 years and had decided the ONLY thing that would get me of my ass on election was to vote against anyone from the Religious Reich (palin, bachmann, perry).

I predict a record LOW turnout this year...as no one gives a rats ass. Many folks bought into the O'Hysteria..and were blown away at how bad he was......then again..still BETTER than McPalin for damn sure.

D

Ron Paul's base will turn out in record numbers. For the primary and to write him in in the general election. These Romney lovers need to realize that if he is nominated he cannot beat Obama. Ron Paul fans will write him in and cost Romney votes. Not to mention many Paul voters may vote for Obama over Romney.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-01-2012, 02:21 PM

(16-01-2012 02:07 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 09:34 AM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  Although im not american, if i were i would be torn between Paul and Obama.
But obama has a good track record, he prevented the downfalll of the US, and the worlds economy

Listen I don't hate Obama. I'll even be voting for him if Paul doesn't get the nomination. But his presidency has been abyssmal. The nations debt has doubled, unemployment is still over 9%, we have a horrific health care law taking effect a little bit at a time, and a Congress who hates the other side so much that nothing can get done. And Obama can't seem to make everyone play nice so it's party politics as usual. Barack Obama is the same president as W. Wars, spending, congressional gridlock, special interests, Patriot Act, bailouts, etc. They are the same guy.

Yes and No.
Careful on the Unemployment number. By day i am a technical recruiter (headhunter) for manufacturing companies. DOL reports (for years) that a 3.5 UE rate is stastastical zero. For those with 4 year degree's the number hovers around 4.5 (currently). I had to hire 2 new recruiters in 2011 to handle the work load. We are turning business away!

Now as far as him being W's 3rd term...YEP! I agree. Obama's refusal to grow a backbone has seen him green light Patriot Act and NCLB without a wimper. Gitmo is still open too.
Now, he's gotten a few bad guys...and that accounts for something in my book. AND the Making Homes Affordable Act...that was a HUGE thing (for those that know how to follow directions, and had a reasonable mortgage company).

I am sorely dissappointed in O's 4 years and had decided the ONLY thing that would get me of my ass on election was to vote against anyone from the Religious Reich (palin, bachmann, perry).

I predict a record LOW turnout this year...as no one gives a rats ass. Many folks bought into the O'Hysteria..and were blown away at how bad he was......then again..still BETTER than McPalin for damn sure.

D

Ron Paul's base will turn out in record numbers. For the primary and to write him in in the general election. These Romney lovers need to realize that if he is nominated he cannot beat Obama. Ron Paul fans will write him in and cost Romney votes. Not to mention many Paul voters may vote for Obama over Romney.

I TOTALLY see Paul's influence in the election as guaranteeing another 4 years of obama. Paul has a cult following no doubt, but he's FAR from main stream.

I have watched Paul for years and liked him OK. I just think he is too extreme for his own good. What he says scores points at a Tea Party ralley, but not representative of the US at large.

What TOTALLY turned me off of Fox News years ago was how they treated Paul like a degenerate! Hannity snarling while he looked down his nose at Paul...got me HOT under the collar.

What the news IS NOT reporting is that the economy is on the mend BIG TIME!
Employment agencies like mine see trends 6 to 8 months out before a single report is uttered on the news. 2011 was a great year, 2012 shows signs of the same.
Hell i waited an hour at Outback steakhouse the other night. Resturants are FULL on weekends. Things are improving big time....just wont hear any talking head report it yet.

If they left O'bush alone and got rid of the 'party of no' (2010 GOP winners) we'd be back in 1997 land again. I made a shitload of $ back then.

I know Paul says things that people like to hear, i just dont think he is a viable candiate to win an election.

Truth be told, if Obama lost to Mitt...i dont think life would change very much for most of us.

I'm betting Obama wins due to a lackluster turn out at the polls. A win by default.
The only potential for 'landslide' is if Paul steps in and splits the NonObama votes..then it will look like obama won by a landslide.

D
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Denicio's post
16-01-2012, 02:25 PM
(04-01-2012 08:55 AM)germanyt Wrote:  [Image: ron-paul.gif]

I don't particularly like nor trust Paul; but all bullshit aside, we don't get rid of the Fed, we are fucking dead. It is to the point where researching economics is just loading the gun - make me wanna kill a mofo - and people just ain't getting it.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-01-2012, 02:41 PM
(16-01-2012 02:21 PM)Denicio Wrote:  I have watched Paul for years and liked him OK. I just think he is too extreme for his own good.

Yup, crazy uncle is the poster boy for "principled to a fault". I always vote for him in the Primary just 'cause it gives me a woody to be able to vote for a principled politician (they've been on the endangered species list like forever) even if I don't agree with the principles. I'd never vote for him in the General, he'd make a horrible President. We are far too socialized to turn back the clock now despite what the teatards might believe.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
16-01-2012, 02:48 PM
(16-01-2012 02:21 PM)Denicio Wrote:  What the news IS NOT reporting is that the economy is on the mend BIG TIME!

Huh

Put another twenty hour shift into the "state of economics;" since I'm moving back east next month and becoming a "normal human being" for the first evers, I decided my career shall be activism. I cannot even attest to Paul being sane Big Grin but there ain't nothing else I'm hearing or saying on this matter but "end the Fed."

If one wishes to wallow through the economic morass, I recommend starting here: Nathan's Economic Edge. Nathan might be too "doomsayer" for some; but the stats are there, the links are there.

17-01-2012, 04:28 PM
(16-01-2012 02:21 PM)Denicio Wrote:  
(16-01-2012 02:07 PM)germanyt Wrote:  

Yes and No.

D

I TOTALLY see Paul's influence in the election as guaranteeing another 4 years of obama. Paul has a cult following no doubt, but he's FAR from main stream.

I have watched Paul for years and liked him OK. I just think he is too extreme for his own good. What he says scores points at a Tea Party ralley, but not representative of the US at large.

What TOTALLY turned me off of Fox News years ago was how they treated Paul like a degenerate! Hannity snarling while he looked down his nose at Paul...got me HOT under the collar.

What the news IS NOT reporting is that the economy is on the mend BIG TIME!
Employment agencies like mine see trends 6 to 8 months out before a single report is uttered on the news. 2011 was a great year, 2012 shows signs of the same.
Hell i waited an hour at Outback steakhouse the other night. Resturants are FULL on weekends. Things are improving big time....just wont hear any talking head report it yet.

If they left O'bush alone and got rid of the 'party of no' (2010 GOP winners) we'd be back in 1997 land again. I made a shitload of $ back then.

I know Paul says things that people like to hear, i just dont think he is a viable candiate to win an election.

Truth be told, if Obama lost to Mitt...i dont think life would change very much for most of us.

I'm betting Obama wins due to a lackluster turn out at the polls. A win by default.
The only potential for 'landslide' is if Paul steps in and splits the NonObama votes..then it will look like obama won by a landslide.

D

I actually think the Tea Party finds Ron Paul the least likable candidate. The TP started out as a small government grassroots movement but was hijacked by neocons like Sarah Palin and Herman Cain. Michelle Bachman was the TP candidate and now I'm thinking they will vote for Rick Perry. Fucking rednecks.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
17-01-2012, 05:02 PM
My first vote might actually go to Paul. People used to give me shit about not voting; but they ain't hearing sense, so my usual story is criminals don't vote. Wink

Unless this is some kinda reality TV for you folks, I have to say it is pointless unless you have an agenda; when you get into politics, ya gotta have a bunch of 'em. In simple terms, the value of agenda is the ability to lie and get away with it.

But I was never a believer in politics. I've researched volumes - can't take me to Capitol Hill and prove to me it ain't what I think it is - as the 0/1/2/3 clears that shit right up.

Know any evil politicians? I mean, other than me? Is Ron Paul evil? I sure hope so. Wink

17-01-2012, 10:29 PM
The Republican's only shot at beating Obama was to get a conservative candidate. Romney may act the part, but I really don't think he's a true conservative and he's going to totally demoralize the Republican base. Sure he may win some independent votes but I don't think it will overcome the sheer number of conservatives who won't turn out because the don't have a conservative choice. The main problem the Republicans have is the primary. It appears you have one moderate Republicans and four conservative candidates. If you take the total of all four conservative candidates votes you'd easily beat the one moderate but since all the conservative votes are split the moderate has the easy road to victory. Unfortunately that probably means a loss in November. If Romney is selected on the Republican ticket and he loses in November I can easily see the begining of a third party (which in my oppinion would probably be the best thing for the country).

By the way, since I became an athiest a few months ago, I've been completely baffled by the fact that it seems mainstream atheism rejects conservatism off-hand. It's almost like it's an unspoken rule. If you're an athiest you therefore must be a liberal Democrat. I'm not sure why it seems slanted that way but it sure feels that way to me. I am a proud atheist and a proud political conservative. I know I'm voting alongside a bunch of crazy fundamentalists but we happen to agree on a whole lot of stuff including; economic policy, foreign policy, gun laws and abortion (I find abortion immoral on it's own merit). I happen to disagree with them on education and a few other smaller issues but all in all I find more points of agreement than disagreement and I have to go with the lesser of two evils in my mind. I hope someone can point out if being an atheist and a conservative is somehow an oxymoron that I've just been missing. Anway, I suppose I digress.

Here's my prediction, Romney get's GOP nom, Obama beats Romney in close race, economy slips into another recession, we try to spend our way out (again), we get owned by China and our kids have to begin learning Mandarin as a primary language. Ok, maybe this last part is a stretch but the rest is probably true.
18-01-2012, 06:48 AM
Steveaggie04, I agree with you 100%. Although I prefer a moderate over a staunch conservative since that person would hopefully be more open minded.

The two party system is frustrating for many atheists because we tend to be conservative on many issues but liberal on others.

Economics - Don't punish producers (i.e. high income) and reward non-producers (i.e welfare)
Personal Issues - I take the stand that if it doesn't affect anyone other than the person or people conducting the act stay out of it. For instance, gay marriage doesn't hurt any unwilling paricipant so I support it. Abortion on the other hand does (the unborn child) so I appose it.

Hopefully this will bring about a third party Libertarian soon.

I wasn't . . . until I was
I am . . . until I'm not
18-01-2012, 07:21 AM
(17-01-2012 10:29 PM)Steveaggie04 Wrote:  By the way, since I became an athiest a few months ago, I've been completely baffled by the fact that it seems mainstream atheism rejects conservatism off-hand. It's almost like it's an unspoken rule. If you're an atheist you therefore must be a liberal Democrat. I'm not sure why it seems slanted that way but it sure feels that way to me. I am a proud atheist and a proud political conservative.

Stick around, there are other conservatives here. The biggest beef with conservative politicians is their religiosity, with the accompanying collusion of church and state. I don't care how good a politicians policies are if his/her intent is to pave the way for a theocracy.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]