America, Who Will Be Your President?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-01-2012, 08:25 PM
RE: America, Who Will Be Your President?
I also listened to TTA podcast from yesterday on the National Atheist Party and I can say that I am absolutely apalled at the idea that someone would claim to represent atheists on a political platform. Using the name atheist to label a political party means that whether I agree with any of their platform or not I will be linked to them in peoples' minds whether I like it or not. When I tell someone I'm an atheist they'll automatically assume that I must be a liberal who supports abortion, gay rights, etc. I think that is very unfair to all atheists who hold different views than the national atheist party. It would be like creating a political party called the national midget party. Wouldn't matter what that party decided their platform was, all midgets would automatically be linked to those views. It's simply unfair.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-01-2012, 02:15 AM
(18-01-2012 08:25 PM)Steveaggie04 Wrote:  I also listened to TTA podcast from yesterday on the National Atheist Party and I can say that I am absolutely apalled at the idea that someone would claim to represent atheists on a political platform. Using the name atheist to label a political party means that whether I agree with any of their platform or not I will be linked to them in peoples' minds whether I like it or not. When I tell someone I'm an atheist they'll automatically assume that I must be a liberal who supports abortion, gay rights, etc. I think that is very unfair to all atheists who hold different views than the national atheist party. It would be like creating a political party called the national midget party. Wouldn't matter what that party decided their platform was, all midgets would automatically be linked to those views. It's simply unfair.

Time to form the Atheists Against The Atheist Party Party. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
19-01-2012, 02:20 AM
(19-01-2012 02:15 AM)Chas Wrote:  Time to form the Atheists Against The Atheist Party Party. Big Grin

Ah, but I'm against Atheists hindering their own non-agenda.

So I'm forming the Atheists Against the Atheists Against the Atheist Party Party Party. Or the AAAAAPPP for short.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 2 users Like Buddy Christ's post
19-01-2012, 02:24 AM
(19-01-2012 02:20 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  
(19-01-2012 02:15 AM)Chas Wrote:  Time to form the Atheists Against The Atheist Party Party. Big Grin

So I'm forming the Atheists Against the Atheists Against the Atheist Party Party Party. Or the AAAAAPPP for short.

Or we could just go have coffee.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-01-2012, 03:29 AM

I'm sorry but that's too aggressive. If you're against atheists who are against atheists party.. that means that the atheists who were against them, now also having more atheists against them must have some sort of backing. Therefore, I shall create a supportive neutral 3rd party alliance.

The defense for Atheists Against the Atheists Against the Atheist Party Party Party, Supporting Atheists, Atheists Against Atheists Party and the Atheists Against the Atheists Against the Atheist Party Party Party....Party

Or TDFAAAAAPPPSAAAAPAAAAAPPP....P

Now we have a nice neutral stance for everyone.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
19-01-2012, 07:47 PM

I'm still trying to parse this.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
20-01-2012, 07:10 AM
I am quite impressed by Newt Gingrich's hypocrisy.

Topping it now by calling it appalling to be asked a question on his affair and attempts to have an open marriage with his ex-wife while running for president... even though he is one of the men who lead the charge in impeaching Clinton for having an affair during the presidency.

It's sad that the media ignores the candidates who don't pander to the crowds by making cheap retorts or contradicting their own stances.
20-01-2012, 07:43 AM
(20-01-2012 07:10 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I am quite impressed by Newt Gingrich's hypocrisy.

Topping it now by calling it appalling to be asked a question on his affair and attempts to have an open marriage with his ex-wife while running for president... even though he is one of the men who lead the charge in impeaching Clinton for having an affair during the presidency.

I would give the guy a pass if he wasn't the typical conservative candidate running on the "Holier than thou" ticket. Hell I've never cheating on my wife, never lied on my taxes, don't drink or smoke, never had a child with anyone other than my wife, and treat my children with love. But since I'm an atheist there is no way anybody like me would EVER be in the running. Santorum scares the shit out of me but at least he appears to practice what he literally preaches.

I wasn't . . . until I was
I am . . . until I'm not
20-01-2012, 07:49 AM
"Do you know if you guess Ron Paul's name he has to teach you to spin hey into gold?" - Steven Colbert appearing on Morning Joe on MSNBC.

That's the solid candidacy of Ron Paul. He does stick to his platform and I wonder how his race would look if over the summer when he was high in the Iowa Strawpoll and other polls that the media would actually of talked about him instead of looking for the buffoon of the month.

Santorum would scare me if I had a ounce of belief that the could become president.
20-01-2012, 08:24 AM
(20-01-2012 07:49 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  "Do you know if you guess Ron Paul's name he has to teach you to spin hey into gold?" - Steven Colbert appearing on Morning Joe on MSNBC.

That's the solid candidacy of Ron Paul. He does stick to his platform and I wonder how his race would look if over the summer when he was high in the Iowa Strawpoll and other polls that the media would actually of talked about him instead of looking for the buffoon of the month.

Santorum would scare me if I had a ounce of belief that the could become president.

We will see what Perry's drop does for RP's campaign. I know many will still go for Romney but there are plenty of Perry voters that won't vote for Romney because he's Mormon. So it'll be between Paul and Santorum. And I don't see Santorum making any kind of noise as the campaign continues. This will come down to Ron Paul and Mitt Romney and will basically be a contest to see which can get the dropped out candidate fans to vote for them.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain