America, Who Will Be Your President?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-01-2012, 04:11 PM
RE: America, Who Will Be Your President?
(23-01-2012 03:35 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  So when is your election?

Elections to determine the Republican nominee (challenger) are going on now. It's an awful system that allows to much medial influence and also allows a candidates showing in the previous state to build momentum in other states. Primary elections were originally scheduled days/weeks apart because of the time it took to travel to campaign hot spots. Now it just becomes a reality TV show. Presidential elections are in November and the winner will be sworn in to office in January.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-01-2012, 04:27 PM
(23-01-2012 02:39 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  The chances Ron Paul goes as a 3rd party candidate are pretty good. There being the Libertarian party option of course, but the Americans Elect movement has been full of a lot of people big on Paul and that could try to select him.

Let's hope he does. He won't win but enough people will vote for him to show we're sick of the same ol' shit.

I wasn't . . . until I was
I am . . . until I'm not
23-01-2012, 05:04 PM
(23-01-2012 04:27 PM)free2011 Wrote:  
(23-01-2012 02:39 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  The chances Ron Paul goes as a 3rd party candidate are pretty good. There being the Libertarian party option of course, but the Americans Elect movement has been full of a lot of people big on Paul and that could try to select him.

Let's hope he does. He won't win but enough people will vote for him to show we're sick of the same ol' shit.

If anyone other than Paul get's the nomination then Obama will win. Guaranteed. Too many registered Republicans that would have voted for Ron Paul will vote for Obama. It'll be 2008 all over again. If Paul doesn't win the nom I could see him running as an Independent, not a Libertarian.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain