America cannot be taken over

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2011, 09:47 PM
America cannot be taken over
It just baffles me that we have reached the point in history where a country can be invulnerable to invasion and takeover by a foreign nation. This also applies to China, possibly India, and any other large body of land inhabited by somewhat patriotic civilians. Even defeating the American military and occupying America would only result in the problems we had in controlling Iraq, multiplied by a thousand. The invaders would face the frustrating hit and run tactics of the Revolutionary War along with a nationwide resistance at every step.

It seems that there would have to be an internal conflict and division first. It would have to a reenactment of the Roman Empire's corrosion from the inside (cough Fox News cough). You might try and argue that the Persians and Mongols thought the same thing. But this is different, the boundaries are pretty much established and the world is no longer growing and conquering new lands.

I don't really have a point to this thread... it just fascinates me that if you watch a history of empires timeline, you will reach the year 1990 or so and there will no longer be one big colored blob smash into another and eventually become one giant superpower blob. The big colored blobs will just sit there, while once in a while, the small blobs move around or disappear.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-02-2011, 10:04 PM

RE: America cannot be taken over
There are other ways a country can be taken over, for example China owns most of our asses now monetarily. We need to import more, along with other things. But that's not going to happen until we get a few competent people in office... who knows how long THAT will take.
Quote this message in a reply
24-02-2011, 10:22 PM
You're also leaving out aliens. Aliens can probably take over America.

24-02-2011, 10:26 PM
The US (Canadians and Mexicans sometimes like to be considered Americans) was taken over a really long time ago. The original beliefs of the constitution have been shaken by the rich, and they privately control most everything without taking any blame. You talk about how madly the people who live here will fight over the land, but if it's not that obvious they don't bat an eye.

Nothing can rule unquestionably, no country can withstand any and all attacks. And if you want to talk about divisions look to the public. It doesn't get much more divided than the US. Yes there are other places where divisions create death, but what subject is not a heated battle in the US? Everyone is at war with every idea they decide on.

But the basic idea here would be simple, let the people keep the land they feel is so precious. Let the US be considered alive and thriving. But all you have to do in order to beat it is hold all of the power over it, then it doesn't matter what people think.

There's still huge wars they just don't have all the cool flashy effects of the past, nowadays battles are done on paper.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
24-02-2011, 10:39 PM
The usa debt isn't from china. China is deeply into debt too. It's from the federal reserve aka the centralized bank.

Watch Zeitgeist Federal Reserve.

Centralized bank monopoly the money supply. They loan you that 1$ and interest it. Where does money to pay for interest comes from ? No where, this is why you will be forever in debt. So to pay that dept, you get more money, but that would make you more in debt.

Because they control the money supply, they can make inflation happen, but I'm pretty sure it won't happen because the governments will take action, it'd happen somewhere in the 1900 hundreds. More money supply, makes the money lose value.

In the movie, It said america income tax all go to the centralized bank. And The centralized bank is not really part of the government I think.

"don't jump to conclusions until your 99%"

"dreams are the best source of creativity" me
24-02-2011, 10:44 PM
(24-02-2011 10:22 PM)Green Wrote:  You're also leaving out aliens. Aliens can probably take over America.

Oh, and zombies. I forgot about the zombie apocalypse.

I know America can be "taken over" by different social networks and the power can shift from regime to regime. I just meant the one instance of a foreign nation physically invading.

The smarter thing to do would just be to migrate here slowly until you are the majority (there sure are a lot of koreans running for office) ... then just vote yourself into office. A democratic takeover.

P.S. the parenthesis was the internal monologue of a future american at the polling booths
(24-02-2011 10:39 PM)Laxion Wrote:  Watch Zeitgeist Federal Reserve.

Anything with Zeitgeist in the title seems to border on anti-government conspiracy theories.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
24-02-2011, 10:57 PM
(24-02-2011 10:26 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  (Canadians and Mexicans sometimes like to be considered Americans)

It may be irrelevant to some, but just as a point of interest; I've NEVER in my 35 years met a Canadian who liked to be considered an American. Anyone I've ever met thinks of being an American as being from the US. (I know the argument that "Canada is in North America, so Canadians are American" exists, but that doesn't mean Canadians want to be considered "American") It's not necessarily that we thinks it's bad to be from the US, but it's not who we are. If there's any fellow Canadians on here that disagree I'd be surprised. I don't know many Mexicans, so I can't speak for them, but I have my suspicions about that too.

I'd check your sources on that one.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
24-02-2011, 11:23 PM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2011 11:35 PM by Lilith Pride.)
I've had some Mexican friends who demanded that they were Americans as well, and one Canadian lover. My sources on that part are people I've known who demanded I stop using the term "American". Of course these people are also anti-US in many ways, it's kind of the crowd I hang out with being anti-US myself. It's not like I know that many, but I've had friends with this opinion, so I generally follow it. A large portion of the Canadians I talk with never get on the subject. Just because I'm a horrible person with no ties to my country doesn't mean I try to recruit people to my ways of thinking. =p

I just feel this country does not work for me, when I gain the ability to I will most likely leave. While I'm here I do what I can to make this country more a place I'd be proud of, but I'm not yet satisfied with it.

Also, notice the qualifier sometimes. I'm not trying to make a huge argument against the term just mentioning.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
24-02-2011, 11:48 PM
Well, technically we live in a continent named America after Amerigo Vespucci (Americo Vespucio), but I dont think calling the US America is geographically correct IMO. I'm Mexican and technically I am American since I live in American Continent.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-02-2011, 02:27 AM
People from the USA should be called United Statesians. Tongue

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.