America is a [redneck] Christian Nation [/redneck]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2010, 02:03 AM
America is a [redneck] Christian Nation [/redneck]
"America is a nation founded on Judeo Christian beliefs!"
"Just look at the ten commandments!"

LOL, caaaaan do....

1) Thou shalt hath no gods before me, and thou shalt not make for thyself any engraven image

Mind telling me what AMERICAN policy is supported by this commandment?

2) Do not take my name in vain

Mind telling me what AMERICAN policy is supported by this commandment?

3) Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy

LOL, almost everyone who works either works on Sunday or knows someone who does

4) Honor your Father and your Mother

Well that really depends on the honorability of the Father and Mother. I for one cannot honor my Father because he left me when I was 2 years old.

5) You shall not kill

You really NEED a commandment to know this?

6) You shall not commit adultery

Not a law

7) You shall not steal

Okay I guess you guys got ONE on me Wink

8) You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor

Awfully redundant

9) You shall not covet your neighbor's wife

More redundance, not to mention, once again, not a law

10) You shall not covet anything that belongs to yuor neighbor

More redundance, not to mention, once again, not a law

"Just read the bible!"

Its not illegal to eat shell fish
Its not illegal to wear mixed fabric
Its not illegal to shave
Its not illegal to eat fruit
Its not illegal to fuck someone who isn't your husband/wife
Its not illegal to be gay
Its not illegal to eat pork

Man, i could go on.

I'm sorry if this is said often, but people like Sarah Palin who think this is a christian nation just piss me off.

Fight the system,

~~~but don't mute the opposition!~~~
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-11-2010, 02:22 AM
RE: America is a [redneck] Christian Nation [/redneck]
Pwnd

I usually just point out that the far east has similar laws of no killing and no stealing, but most of them aint even heard of Christianity.

Jesus Jumping Christ on a traction engine wearing a kilt and eating a marmite sandwich!!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-11-2010, 07:41 PM
The idea that people like Sarah palin can get into politics at all is a scary thought. I makes me realize how fragile our freedoms really are.
13-11-2010, 08:48 PM
(13-11-2010 07:41 PM)No J. Wrote:  The idea that people like Sarah palin can get into politics at all is a scary thought. I makes me realize how fragile our freedoms really are.

There is even word of her running for president in 2012.

If she wins, then the world really will end.

Fight the system,

~~~but don't mute the opposition!~~~
13-11-2010, 08:54 PM

Palin: America Is A Christian Nation

I think all of this was regurgitated again wherein O'Reilly mentions. in the video above, Judge Crabb's decision.
(April 2010 Video) PART 1/2: Members of Congress Defend National Day of Prayer

Members of Congress defend the constitutionality of the National Day of Prayer at a press conference on Capitol Hill. The press conference was held in response to U.S. District Judge Barbara B. Crabb's ruling that a federal law designating a National Day of Prayer is unconstitutional.
(April 2010 Video) PART 1/2: Members of Congress Defend National Day of Prayer (Part 2

There's just one eintsy weintsy problem with their assertion as to the Constitution and the Framers invoking God. The truth and of course, History!
Things That Are Not In the U.S. Constitution

God

It has often been seen on the Internet that to find God in the Constitution, all one has to do is read it, and see how often the Framers used the words "God," or "Creator," "Jesus," or "Lord." Except for one notable instance, however, none of these words ever appears in the Constitution, neither the original nor in any of the Amendments. The notable exception is found in the Signatory section, where the date is written thusly: "Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven". The use of the word "Lord" here is not a religious reference, however. This was a common way of expressing the date, in both religious and secular contexts. This lack of any these words does not mean that the Framers were not spiritual people, any more than the use of the word Lord means that they were. What this lack of these words is expositive of is not a love for or disdain for religion, but the feeling that the new government should not involve itself in matters of religion. In fact, the original Constitution bars any religious test to hold any federal office in the United States

How do you shut down Fundy idiots with a quickness?
Facts baby! Facts.
(Is it any wonder Sarah cant see those as clearly as she can see Russia, from her back porch?! Cool )
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2010, 12:33 PM

Palin is what the right wing has become and most on the right are afraid to cross swords with her. we can only hope she is not elected, but when more Americans vote for "dancing with the stars" then do in the general election... its gets scary.
09-12-2010, 02:19 PM

(09-12-2010 12:33 PM)freethinker1 Wrote:  Palin is what the right wing has become and most on the right are afraid to cross swords with her. we can only hope she is not elected, but when more Americans vote for "dancing with the stars" then do in the general election... its gets scary.
Indeed. Given both forums have about as much chance of registering fairly and affording honest results, so as to reflect voters efforts.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What Happens when America can no longer feed the world? Revenant77x 60 683 Yesterday 10:00 AM
Last Post: atheistsince1950
  One nation under god????? wazzel 36 492 24-05-2014 09:04 AM
Last Post: Drunkin Druid
  When is america getting that revolution. Metazoa Zeke 50 605 09-04-2014 07:03 AM
Last Post: Mat0816
  The End of The Death Penalty in America Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver 151 2,359 03-04-2014 01:04 PM
Last Post: Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver
  The indigenous people of North America weekendskp 24 502 30-01-2014 08:16 AM
Last Post: Chas
  America and military criticism BrokenQuill92 0 141 16-01-2014 07:30 PM
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Poverty is a criminal offense in America OP/ED. Brian37 92 1,901 08-01-2014 10:50 AM
Last Post: Chas