America is no longer a Christian country

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-08-2012, 11:57 AM
RE: America is no longer a Christian country
It rather annoys me when people say it's a "Christian Nation", I usually reply," in about 10 years the majority will be Muslims and Atheists but would it be their nation too, dipshit? "
No, it was never a <religion here> nation, and it never will be. It will be a secular one, with maybe a majority of religious people.

Quote: Christians and unbelievers who recognize the natural law written on our hearts.
Do I need to go into heart surgery?

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Question's post
20-08-2012, 12:30 PM
(20-08-2012 11:43 AM)Red Celt Wrote:  I have an amusing (to me) notion of a small 17th century U.S. town consisting entirely of atheists... not a single one of which able to admit to such a thing, and none of them knowing that everyone else was also an atheist.

Well, that is a hit sitcom right there.

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 2 users Like frankiej's post
20-08-2012, 12:33 PM
(20-08-2012 11:49 AM)kim Wrote:  
(20-08-2012 11:36 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I was basing my response on the claimed majority.

Not my majority. Wink

Despite a high level of religious adherence, only 9% of Americans in a 2008 poll said religion was the most important thing in their life, compared with 45% who said family was paramount in their life and 17% who said money and career was paramount. Mark Chaves, a Duke University professor of sociology, religion and divinity, found that 92% of Americans believed in God in 2008 but that they have significantly less confidence in their religious leaders than they did a generation ago. Polls have also shown that doubts about the existence of a god have grown rapidly among younger Americans.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
20-08-2012, 01:05 PM
(20-08-2012 11:05 AM)Jeff Wrote:  "America is no longer a Christian country. Deal with it and act accordingly. Denial will get you nowhere. After death, however, there is the possibility of resurrection.

What is the definition of a Christian country? Mine is a country that has a majority of citizens who believe in and publicly profess the Nicene or Apostles Creed, as these creeds have come down to us from the Ancient Church – people who at least attempt to live according to the Ten Commandments. "

http://www.thecatholicthing.org/columns/...erica.html

The author disqualifies himself from rational discussion.
Quote:Of course, we are all sinners.
Quote:Though bestowed by God on Mt. Sinai, the Commandments are ...
Quote:The United States will either become predominantly Catholic in numbers, faith, and morals or perish under the weight of its unbridled hedonism and corruption.
Quote:The primary reason is the lack of dogmatic authority in Protestantism and the reliance on the principle of private judgment.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
20-08-2012, 09:47 PM
I just thought this was good news - the believers recognize they're osing their followers.