America needs Trump.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2015, 03:15 PM
RE: America needs Trump.
(11-09-2015 06:06 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(11-09-2015 05:50 AM)morondog Wrote:  You poor bastards Weeping

The problem is it affects countries such as Australia, Britain etc. If a republican gets in we will likely be involved in another war. That is a war mongering party today, if ever there was one.

That's the upside Tongue. Being on weekend warrior status gets old without a deployment every so often.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2015, 03:35 PM
(11-09-2015 06:55 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(11-09-2015 05:47 AM)yakherder Wrote:  6 months ago I would have said hell no, but I've gotta admit I'm not so sure anymore.
Now I don't really know too much about US politics. But wouldn't the more sane Republicans end up voting for someone else in the election if Trump ends up being the Republican nominee? I would still be very surprised to see him become president of anything else than a company.

There are no sane people in either political camp, me included. I've said before, and I'll repeat. I will not vote for anyone I consider a threat to my second amendment rights, because my own experiences have taught me that any law not backed by the threat of force is ultimately just a suggestion, and that includes laws designed to keep our own government in check.

I think Trump is an egotistical idiot, at best. But I also think everything I agree with in regards to the other candidates is pointless if they adopt a policy of sacrificing the leverage needed to maintain the rights and policies they aim to put in place.

Thus, though I know it's not a popular opinion among the demographic that dominates this forum, me and people like me must be taken into consideration in any campaign. I will not vote for Hillary or Sanders or any of the other non republicans gaining popularity whom I feel are a threat to a few key things I consider to be critical, even if I agree with the other 90% of what they have to say.

If the Democrats want the Republican vote, even if the Republican they're against is clearly an idiot, they've got to lay off the guns. Bill Clinton played a significant role in bringing Bush voters out that would have otherwise stayed home by not following similar advice, and I already know a lot of people, myself included, who would have supported Sanders if not for his recent statements regarding gun control.

I don't want to turn this into a gun thread, so I'm going to avoid the gun debate itself. My point is simply in regards to the question of why a lot of people would still go with Trump over alternatives they despise. And btw, Hillary is more unpopular among Republicans than Obama and Bill combined. She doesn't stand a chance of getting Republican votes regardless of who they nominate.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
11-09-2015, 03:46 PM
(11-09-2015 03:20 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Think of the reform that will result when Trump fucks the country up beyond belief.
After Trump's had his way corporations will be rampaging around unchecked. The wage gap will skyrocket. The price of Mexican food will skyrocket as the Mexicans take all the taco shells with them when they go back to Mexico. etc.. etc..

Think of the children, vote Trump.

George Bush did that already.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
11-09-2015, 03:56 PM
(11-09-2015 07:07 AM)Nurse Wrote:  My generation isn't taking office yet. The one younger than me is more liberal, as well. Even here in the South. Things will improve with time. We just have to outlive my grandparent's generation and hope they haven't fucked it up too badly.

Smile

That is what generation after generation after generation in the past have said, too. And it is what happens.

It's called social evolution. Sometimes it's one step forward, two steps back, but overall we move forward and are tons better off today than we were just a hundred years ago.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
11-09-2015, 05:05 PM
(11-09-2015 03:35 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(11-09-2015 06:55 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Now I don't really know too much about US politics. But wouldn't the more sane Republicans end up voting for someone else in the election if Trump ends up being the Republican nominee? I would still be very surprised to see him become president of anything else than a company.

There are no sane people in either political camp, me included. I've said before, and I'll repeat. I will not vote for anyone I consider a threat to my second amendment rights, because my own experiences have taught me that any law not backed by the threat of force is ultimately just a suggestion, and that includes laws designed to keep our own government in check.

I think Trump is an egotistical idiot, at best. But I also think everything I agree with in regards to the other candidates is pointless if they adopt a policy of sacrificing the leverage needed to maintain the rights and policies they aim to put in place.

Thus, though I know it's not a popular opinion among the demographic that dominates this forum, me and people like me must be taken into consideration in any campaign. I will not vote for Hillary or Sanders or any of the other non republicans gaining popularity whom I feel are a threat to a few key things I consider to be critical, even if I agree with the other 90% of what they have to say.

If the Democrats want the Republican vote, even if the Republican they're against is clearly an idiot, they've got to lay off the guns. Bill Clinton played a significant role in bringing Bush voters out that would have otherwise stayed home by not following similar advice, and I already know a lot of people, myself included, who would have supported Sanders if not for his recent statements regarding gun control.

I don't want to turn this into a gun thread, so I'm going to avoid the gun debate itself. My point is simply in regards to the question of why a lot of people would still go with Trump over alternatives they despise. And btw, Hillary is more unpopular among Republicans than Obama and Bill combined. She doesn't stand a chance of getting Republican votes regardless of who they nominate.

Similarly, I guess, as a female, I can't vote for any Republican at any more than my town level, no matter how good their ideas or experience, because the Republican platform is so anti-woman, and because individual Republicans refuse to vote according to their consciences and instead toe the party line.

I am not a fan of Hillary, but GOP candidates will never get my vote. If Hillary is the Democratic candidate, I will vote for her despite disliking her.

We all have our issues, I guess. (Although I haven't seen any candidates running trying to ban guns, just regulate them similarly to the way we license cars, which still lets a lot of idiots onto the road)
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
11-09-2015, 05:33 PM
(11-09-2015 05:05 PM)julep Wrote:  
(11-09-2015 03:35 PM)yakherder Wrote:  There are no sane people in either political camp, me included. I've said before, and I'll repeat. I will not vote for anyone I consider a threat to my second amendment rights, because my own experiences have taught me that any law not backed by the threat of force is ultimately just a suggestion, and that includes laws designed to keep our own government in check.

Similarly, I guess, as a female, I can't vote for any Republican at any more than my town level, no matter how good their ideas or experience, because the Republican platform is so anti-woman, and because individual Republicans refuse to vote according to their consciences and instead toe the party line.

I am not a fan of Hillary, but GOP candidates will never get my vote. If Hillary is the Democratic candidate, I will vote for her despite disliking her.

We all have our issues, I guess. (Although I haven't seen any candidates running trying to ban guns, just regulate them similarly to the way we license cars, which still lets a lot of idiots onto the road)

Trust me I'm never thrilled with the options.

(I decided to spoiler the rest because I kind of went into uncomfortable territory. Some of you who are uneasy about the realities of the world outside the first world bubble may not want to continue.)
I am all for gender equality, marriage equality (or better yet making marriage legally meaningless), and many of the other things republicans don't stand for. But there will always be those who want to do harm to control you, whether in violation of the law or not, regardless of what the law says. I've personally witnessed things ranging from the discovery during an anti drug raid of a group of children suffocated with plastic wrap, which I still have dreams about, sometimes with my own son in the mix, to the repeated gang rape of women just outside a refugee camp they thought would provide them with protection. But with rules of engagement prohibiting us from using force beyond our gates, the fact that rape was illegal was irrelevant to them when they had to leave the safety of the armed soldiers to get whatever the UN couldn't provide.

That was all before I was old enough to drink, and I've got another decade of horror stories that have played their part in making me hesitant to rely on inconsistent government organizations to protect my own rights. I understand where you're coming from, but at this point I can no longer empathize with the approach of simply relying on the implementation of laws to protect my interests. I'd rather be armed to the teeth and have the option to do it myself than rely on laws that may or may not be adequately enforced. Again, if the liberal candidates would lay off the guns, and I mean completely, because most of them don't understand the issue enough to implement rational control measures, they will have my support. But without that option, I'd rather be self reliant in a world that won't look out for my interests and doesn't claim that it will than dependent in a society that says it's got my back but doesn't maintain the means to back up its promises.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
11-09-2015, 05:42 PM
(11-09-2015 03:15 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(11-09-2015 06:06 AM)Banjo Wrote:  The problem is it affects countries such as Australia, Britain etc. If a republican gets in we will likely be involved in another war. That is a war mongering party today, if ever there was one.

That's the upside Tongue. Being on weekend warrior status gets old without a deployment every so often.

The problem is that the wars are unsuccessful and we just keep creating enemies.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
11-09-2015, 07:04 PM
(11-09-2015 05:33 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(11-09-2015 05:05 PM)julep Wrote:  Similarly, I guess, as a female, I can't vote for any Republican at any more than my town level, no matter how good their ideas or experience, because the Republican platform is so anti-woman, and because individual Republicans refuse to vote according to their consciences and instead toe the party line.

Trust me I'm never thrilled with the options.

(I decided to spoiler the rest because I kind of went into uncomfortable territory. Some of you who are uneasy about the realities of the world outside the first world bubble may not want to continue.)
I am all for gender equality, marriage equality (or better yet making marriage legally meaningless), and many of the other things republicans don't stand for. But there will always be those who want to do harm to control you, whether in violation of the law or not, regardless of what the law says. I've personally witnessed things ranging from the discovery during an anti drug raid of a group of children suffocated with plastic wrap, which I still have dreams about, sometimes with my own son in the mix, to the repeated gang rape of women just outside a refugee camp they thought would provide them with protection. But with rules of engagement prohibiting us from using force beyond our gates, the fact that rape was illegal was irrelevant to them when they had to leave the safety of the armed soldiers to get whatever the UN couldn't provide.

That was all before I was old enough to drink, and I've got another decade of horror stories that have played their part in making me hesitant to rely on inconsistent government organizations to protect my own rights. I understand where you're coming from, but at this point I can no longer empathize with the approach of simply relying on the implementation of laws to protect my interests. I'd rather be armed to the teeth and have the option to do it myself than rely on laws that may or may not be adequately enforced. Again, if the liberal candidates would lay off the guns, and I mean completely, because most of them don't understand the issue enough to implement rational control measures, they will have my support. But without that option, I'd rather be self reliant in a world that won't look out for my interests and doesn't claim that it will than dependent in a society that says it's got my back but doesn't maintain the means to back up its promises.

Bad things happen, I agree with you there, and reasonable people have different ideas of how to protect themselves

My version of the first world bubble has not been as protected as some. (even though I'm a suburban soccer mom type at the moment) I lived alone in Chicago for a decade and have been attacked a few times and robbed a couple of times, as well as the ordinary street-level harassment that virtually all women experience. One of the times I was attacked was by a man with a gun, which I got out of by screaming and running. Another time, an obviously crazy guy picked me out of everybody else on a sidewalk on a busy Saturday morning and tried to throw me into traffic. And I had a stalker for a while. None of these experiences made me want a gun; other people could easily have had a different reaction.

The experiences did make me more aware of the way people tend to blame women for bad things that happen to them, asking questions like why was she walking home from work at 9 PM on a quiet street instead of on the busy street? Also I became aware of people who were trying to legally limit my being able to deal with the results of an attack, for example, making it impossible for me to terminate a pregnancy if my stalker had been able to rape me.

Your experiences led you in one political direction and mine in the other, and maybe take both of us away from a middle ground with some better answers…
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
11-09-2015, 11:53 PM
Fuck that. Vote for a third party that's "right" on money, & "left" on human issues. Bipartisanship has done the U.S. fewer & fewer favors over the last several office holders. The bipolar effects of only having two parties has been evident for more than a generation, & has created voters following their family voting 'inheritance' rather than their own personal politics. I see no reason for this country to have to hit "rock bottom" before figuring its shit out. At the very least, a third party could garner enough support to become a stronger runner in future elections.
[+] 2 users Like 7R0MM3L's post
12-09-2015, 12:04 AM
(11-09-2015 03:35 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(11-09-2015 06:55 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Now I don't really know too much about US politics. But wouldn't the more sane Republicans end up voting for someone else in the election if Trump ends up being the Republican nominee? I would still be very surprised to see him become president of anything else than a company.

I see. Thank you.