America needs Trump.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2015, 07:44 PM
RE: America needs Trump.
So I had the idea today to make my own hat that says "Make America Racist Again, Trump 2016" and wear it around Walmart to see what reaction I get. I'm not going to in reality, but some of you crazy bitches should. Evil_monster

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
12-09-2015, 08:33 PM
(12-09-2015 07:44 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  So I had the idea today to make my own hat that says "Make America Racist Again, Trump 2016" and wear it around Walmart to see what reaction I get. I'm not going to in reality, but some of you crazy bitches should. Evil_monster

What do you mean, 'again'?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
12-09-2015, 08:57 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2015 09:22 PM by evenheathen.)
(12-09-2015 08:33 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(12-09-2015 07:44 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  So I had the idea today to make my own hat that says "Make America Racist Again, Trump 2016" and wear it around Walmart to see what reaction I get. I'm not going to in reality, but some of you crazy bitches should. Evil_monster

What do you mean, 'again'?

Read his hat with the word "great" instead of "racist" and I'll ask you the same question. Dodgy

edit: Okay, let me clarify that now that I'm on my laptop and can type. That comment comes off like Zeke, but I'm not yearning for Japan just yet. America is great....in a lot of ways. I love America, I do think we're a great country.

However, when Trump puts "Make America Great Again" on a hat, the connotation is that we were once an awesome, perfect nation that was the shining light in the world. That's just not true. We've had our great moments, but we've never been the shining example of excellence that you'd think we were if you took what our elementary grade text books say about us to be true.

There's this notion among the right wing that we used to be the greatest country on earth. I think it stems from the time in years past that we were the most powerful country on earth. Might makes right, it's the American way. We used to have the might, so of course we had the right. Makes sense in a 'Murica sort of way. We "used to be great".

Trump want us to be "great" again, meaning he wants us to use our power to push everyone else in the world around and get what we want no matter what consequence it means for anyone else. That would be fine by me if what America actually stood for in actual practice was actually good for anyone else but America. But history shows that it's not, and current events reflect that fact now more than ever if you care to really consider what effects our country has had on the world.

For Trump, and lots of deluded and uninformed and/or uncaring American public, great=powerful, and powerful=right. That's all that matters to them.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
12-09-2015, 09:22 PM
I feel somewhat ashamed that I keep reading the thread title as "America needs Thump."
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
12-09-2015, 10:54 PM
(12-09-2015 09:22 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I feel somewhat ashamed that I keep reading the thread title as "America needs Thump."

I keep mentally finishing it as "America needs Trump....like it needs a hole in the head."

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
13-09-2015, 05:32 AM
America needs Trump.
Right!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-09-2015, 06:20 AM
(11-09-2015 03:20 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Not just because he does actually have some (key word being some, most are still bullshit) good policies/stances on certain issues. But because American needs to hit rock bottom. It's like a drug addict thing. Some times you just gotta hit rock bottom before you can start to pick yourself up and sort your shit out.

I think America needs him just to get people to sit up and notice some of the putrid stances the GOP endorses but normally has the common sense to only discuss with dog whistle language.

The GOP is demographically dying and it knows this. It only stays relevant on a national level past 2020 if it expands it's base by at least pretending not to be racist. So, someone like Trump getting big numbers in the polls might be just what the GOP needs to actually moderate itself on some of its stances.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
14-09-2015, 06:36 AM
(12-09-2015 10:54 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(12-09-2015 09:22 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I feel somewhat ashamed that I keep reading the thread title as "America needs Thump."

I keep mentally finishing it as "America needs Trump....like it needs a hole in the head."

I keep reading it as "America needs Turnip"
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
14-09-2015, 06:37 AM
(14-09-2015 06:36 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(12-09-2015 10:54 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I keep mentally finishing it as "America needs Trump....like it needs a hole in the head."

America could use more turnips.
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
14-09-2015, 08:22 AM
(14-09-2015 06:36 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(12-09-2015 10:54 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I keep mentally finishing it as "America needs Trump....like it needs a hole in the head."

There's a difference?
Consider

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post