America vs Britain in war...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-06-2012, 07:44 AM
RE: America vs Britain in war...
(17-11-2011 07:22 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I find it amusing that people are so quick to quote the difference in numbers between American and British military spending/troops etc. and then claim that it means America would win. I would love to know the differences in spending/troops etc. between the Americans and the Viet Cong and that didn't do much good.

I'm not saying Britain would win, I think it would be a stalemate, but to just quote the numbers is rather short-sighted.

PS. If people are talking about some of the best trained forces I know no-one in America will want to say it but what about some of the Russian Spetsnaz (yes I have been watching Deadliest Warrior Big Grin).

I have to disagree, Spetznaz training is very brutal but if I had to rely one Special Forces team it would be the British SAS. I say this as an American that fully supports our military and thinks the SEALS and others are awesome warriors.

Deadliest Warrior is fun and that Spetnaz guy the interview is very intimidatiing Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-06-2012, 07:55 AM
I knew a guy who was in the SAS. He was crazy. He seemed genuinely insane.

He was staying at my dad's cottage for a couple of months and he would just sit in his room and play the ps2 literally all day, everyday. Conversations with him were very bizarre.

Frankie de la Cunto
19-06-2012, 08:06 AM
(19-06-2012 04:21 AM)Sheldon Hanley Wrote:  So what! Yes America have a bigger army but Britain have a better trained army with tactics that you wouldn't even understand. We can cope in a war, I mean take a look at the Two world wars, we coped then, infact we won 'em.
I've signed up for the British army because they're the best in the world and I feel safer with them. No doubt America have a good army, but i dont think that they're tactically ready for a battle with the best. Theres a reason why Britain haven't lost a war in nearly a 1000 years. I'm not saying that we can destroy your country, all im saying that we'd probably win.
If there was a 3rd World War, it would result in a nuclear war without a doubt. America have a great arsenal of nuclear bombs, but Britain have just invested £25bn in nuclear submarines alone.
After all this talk I dont think that America and Britain will go to war, I mean theres no reason. We are like best friends that stick up for each other. But i suppose good things never last.
It's more likely that a world war will be beetween America and China or the classic battle Beetween Britain and Germany. Not Britain and America.
Tell me your thoughts on what i've said, have i missed something? Or have i got it spot on?
Son please.
You would have lost WW1 without American intervention. Fact.
You would have lost WW2 without USSR or/and American intervention (though USSR got pushed into it).

"Coping" and being lucky to live on an island that provides logistical challenges for a mass number of troops/tanks to get across to actually invade are two completely different things.

I promise you this, if Britain was joined to France during WW2 (No English Canal) they would have been roflstomped just like every other European nation, by the German war machine.

As for WW3 between Britain and USA (even though everyone knows the next world war is totally gonna be between china and America. As soon as China passes America economically if you listen to my clinically retarded fuckhead flatmate... "I guarentee you the day China passes America as the top world power is the day America declares war on China". And I live with these retards.), America obviously.
They have more nukes.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
19-06-2012, 08:09 AM
I dont even think it would come down to an occupation of either country.

They would use everything else before then...... all the "black budget" weapons would come out of hiding and I imagine HARRP tech would cause a few earthquakes in a few strategic places first off........ heavy seeding/weather manipulation could potentially caus massive rainfall and flash flooding and much worse.

They would kill everybody........ soldier, civilian, woman and child........ they may write the rules on warfare themselves but neither of our countrys stick to them.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
19-06-2012, 08:11 AM
I thought that was a Canadian.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
19-06-2012, 07:34 PM
Seriously? This is a question? If you even suggest Britain stands a chance you are delusional.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
19-06-2012, 07:36 PM
(19-06-2012 04:21 AM)Sheldon Hanley Wrote:  So what! Yes America have a bigger army but Britain have a better trained army with tactics that you wouldn't even understand. We can cope in a war, I mean take a look at the Two world wars, we coped then, infact we won 'em.
I've signed up for the British army because they're the best in the world and I feel safer with them. No doubt America have a good army, but i dont think that they're tactically ready for a battle with the best. Theres a reason why Britain haven't lost a war in nearly a 1000 years. I'm not saying that we can destroy your country, all im saying that we'd probably win.
If there was a 3rd World War, it would result in a nuclear war without a doubt. America have a great arsenal of nuclear bombs, but Britain have just invested £25bn in nuclear submarines alone.
After all this talk I dont think that America and Britain will go to war, I mean theres no reason. We are like best friends that stick up for each other. But i suppose good things never last.
It's more likely that a world war will be beetween America and China or the classic battle Beetween Britain and Germany. Not Britain and America.
Tell me your thoughts on what i've said, have i missed something? Or have i got it spot on?
facepalm.jpg

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
19-06-2012, 07:53 PM
What the hell? The U.S. is 2-0, best 2 out of 3, so we're done. Been allies for the last, I dunno, 2 centuries... so what's the point?

Besides, we'd demand Dutchess Kate in any peace settlement, and our limey brethren would tell us to pound sand & soundly beat us in soccer, so there's still no satisfying resolution.

The hell with it...
20-06-2012, 12:37 AM
First, just remember this is a hypothetical situation, not something we will ever see.

Don't count out Britain so quickly, they are much better prepared for guerilla fighting, and I suspect there would be a lot of that. The open conflicts would be a problem, I just don't see how GB would be able to counter the big army and modern equipment USA has. We are talking about a war without nukes, if anyone uses nukes, there would be no winners, just nuclear fallout.

Some of us agree that SAS is the best special forces in the world, but that is far from enough to win the war. It is a small, special force for a few man actions, they do not win wars.

I would actually like to see some kind of simulation with this theme, this is rather interesting, I am trying to figure out the outcome in my head, but it is not that easy. I know how great equipment and soldiers GB has, so it can not be so simple as to just say: USA would surely win. It probably would, but I say probably.

The main problem USA would have are allies. I think GB could gather more allies and make a better stand than USA. That would certainly shift the odds...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
20-06-2012, 12:46 AM
Anyone who knows their history knows that it is literally teeming with examples of massive armies being destroyed by smaller ones because the larger forces think that numbers alone are enough to win.

I'm not saying Britain would win, I have no idea who would win. But anyone who claims that America would win simply because they have a larger army is very short-sighted (and would be a terrible military commander).

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post