America vs Britain in war...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-06-2012, 01:16 AM
RE: America vs Britain in war...
Hughsie, you do have a point, but then again, look at the Russians in the WW2, they were beating the Germans just with huge numbers of Russians, poor bastards were running on German machineguns with one rifle on every 3-4 persons. So don't just discard large numbers, they make a lot of difference.

Take China for example, USA doesn't have enough bullets to kill all the Chinese soldiers, if they were ever to go to war. Overwhelming numbers are just overwhelming.

The numbers do not have to play the crucial role, but they do play a role in warfare.

Also, USA has good and modern equipment, they do not fall behind GB and that would make hell for GB. If it was just a lot of soldiers against much better equipped, but small army, that is a different story, but they have equally good equipment. Also, the training of USA soldiers is great, the GB have SAS, yes, but we must look at the whole army, not just one small elite force. All together, even if GB has better trained soldiers, I do not think that the difference is that big to make a significant impact.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-06-2012, 02:31 AM
Okay, okay...

Couple of points:

1. U.S. has a larger ability to project power over great distances, i.e. - heavy lift capability, seaborne (aircraft carrier, surface-to-surface missile) power base, and amphibious assault. Not to mention long-range bombing capability. UK knows first hand how devastating that one can be.

2. U.S. has a greater ability to isolate UK through submarine, surface vessel (with anti-surface & anti-air capabilities), and air assets.

3. U.S. has a greater manufacturing capability, vastly larger reserve of natural resources, and stockpile of technologically up-to-date military hardware weaponry.

4. Gasoline. U.S. has reserves, the capability to manufacture it (drill, refine, transport) it in large volume, and a greater logistical ability to get it where it is needed. This will be a huge key.

While the UK can field and project a great deal of power, as well as assemble a coalition of forces, UK would be overwhelmed unless they got China or at least India into the mix, and even then would probably still be outmatched. If the U.S. were 100% committed to the fight, there isn't a country on earth that can stand against them. Still.
20-06-2012, 02:46 AM
And I was just about to agree with DannyW, until the last sentence. No my friend, no, USA is strong, but there are forces you do not know about and you have your own little biased view. USA equipment uses "Made in China" electronics, what can they mass produce in a war with China? They will be left crippled technologically, plus China has 1.3 billion people, so no country in the world can match their numbers. When USA lifts 100 new and modern planes in the air, China lifts 10000 of older Migs, but it's still 100 times more than you can ever have.

Never, never rule out China as a military force. This fact will be the undoing of USA if you ever go to war with China. I mean, you can't win war against Vietnamese peasants, or Iraqi guerilla fighters, so why do you people think that you are all so superior?

And you always have your old friends, the Russians. You only think they are 100 years behind your technology and that kind of thinking can easily make you slip and loose everything in open conflicts.

There are at least 2 countries that can stand against USA. Who would win remains a mystery, but do not be hasty in your opinions.

-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
20-06-2012, 11:08 AM
(20-06-2012 02:46 AM)Filox Wrote:  And I was just about to agree with DannyW, until the last sentence. No my friend, no, USA is strong, but there are forces you do not know about and you have your own little biased view. USA equipment uses "Made in China" electronics, what can they mass produce in a war with China? They will be left crippled technologically, plus China has 1.3 billion people, so no country in the world can match their numbers. When USA lifts 100 new and modern planes in the air, China lifts 10000 of older Migs, but it's still 100 times more than you can ever have.

Never, never rule out China as a military force. This fact will be the undoing of USA if you ever go to war with China. I mean, you can't win war against Vietnamese peasants, or Iraqi guerilla fighters, so why do you people think that you are all so superior?

And you always have your old friends, the Russians. You only think they are 100 years behind your technology and that kind of thinking can easily make you slip and loose everything in open conflicts.

There are at least 2 countries that can stand against USA. Who would win remains a mystery, but do not be hasty in your opinions.

As for your first point filox, The United States could convert their factories into producing war materials as we did in WWII.
Your second point filox, America was the aggresor in foreign territory that was friendly to the enemy. Also, everyone is assuming America would be the aggresor. What if Britan wanted to reclaim the old colonies?
Another thing is numbers. In Korea , american machineguns were almost to the point of melting when they were fighting the chinese.
Well, what I think, it depends on who initiates the conflict and invades. If the U.S.A invades Great Britan it would probably be like Iraq or Vietnam. We would occupy the country but have Guerrilas constantly attacking our troops. We would eventually pull out when we realized that there was no way to win.
If Britan invades the U.S.A they will probably take moderate size tracts of land until they met waves of fanatical patriots coming at them with rifle and shotgun. Eventually British Forces would take so many losses they would not be able to hold onto the land they just gained and hightail it to jolly old england. The US would then invade and what i wrote above would happen
Point is, noone would win.
(My opinion, I am sure there are flaws in it.)

Under Repair.
[+] 1 user Likes itsacow's post
20-06-2012, 01:00 PM
(20-06-2012 02:46 AM)Filox Wrote:  And I was just about to agree with DannyW, until the last sentence. No my friend, no, USA is strong, but there are forces you do not know about and you have your own little biased view. USA equipment uses "Made in China" electronics, what can they mass produce in a war with China? They will be left crippled technologically, plus China has 1.3 billion people, so no country in the world can match their numbers. When USA lifts 100 new and modern planes in the air, China lifts 10000 of older Migs, but it's still 100 times more than you can ever have.

Yeah, you're right. I only spent 10 years in military intelligence; I'm pretty sure you're MUCH more knowledgable on the subject than me.

Yeah, my bad.
20-06-2012, 02:10 PM
As for all this "America lost to Vietnamese and Iraqi insurgents" business: you can only defeat a country to a point, and when you get to the insurgency stage, the only way to defeat it is to start killing off civilians. If you don't kill civilians, the spawning pool of insurgents remains invulnerable while keeping up hope that "they can defeat the invading army."

It's like with the Matrix. Clearly the machines have the better army and have "defeated" the humans. But until the machines destroy Zion, the hostility will continue. America refuses to destroy Zion, aka kill off civilians to stem the uprising because we pretend to be civil in our taking over of countries. And so we sit there smiling while people punch us in the face.

It all depends on your standard of "victory." IMO, crushing the enemy's military force and occupying a country for a long as you please is a sign that you have won the war. It doesn't matter if a few errant bees sting you occasionally, you have already destroyed the hive.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 2 users Like Buddy Christ's post
20-06-2012, 02:49 PM
My country can beat up your country......

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 3 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
20-06-2012, 06:45 PM
(20-06-2012 02:10 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  As for all this "America lost to Vietnamese and Iraqi insurgents" business: you can only defeat a country to a point, and when you get to the insurgency stage, the only way to defeat it is to start killing off civilians. If you don't kill civilians, the spawning pool of insurgents remains invulnerable while keeping up hope that "they can defeat the invading army."

It's like with the Matrix. Clearly the machines have the better army and have "defeated" the humans. But until the machines destroy Zion, the hostility will continue. America refuses to destroy Zion, aka kill off civilians to stem the uprising because we pretend to be civil in our taking over of countries. And so we sit there smiling while people punch us in the face.

It all depends on your standard of "victory." IMO, crushing the enemy's military force and occupying a country for a long as you please is a sign that you have won the war. It doesn't matter if a few errant bees sting you occasionally, you have already destroyed the hive.
Agreed. "Winning" the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan would be incredibly easy, if we were willing to directly target the civilians. We'd stir up even more animosity towards the US from the international community, if not start a war against us, but we could technically "win." We could easily obliterate them as a whole (we have plenty of nukes). Not that I'd support that at all...

Better without God, and happier too.
21-06-2012, 01:24 AM
Yes, yes, Iraq may have been a bad example, but Vietnam is a good example how guerilla fighting can break much stronger enemy.

As for your 10 years of military intelligence DannyW, you seriously are saying that USA could beat China, just like that? Maybe your military intelligence didn't include economical and technological issues? Simple things like China now owning and producing everything and how USA is depended on those products? You don't even need to go to war, China needs to bring in the economical sanctions are you have tons of trouble, without a single bullet being fired. What computers would your militay use, when USA doesn't have factories, all the micro-chips are being made in China, Taiwan or Korea? 5000 years of military strategies, against a few hundreds years of military strategies? 330mil people against 1.3bil people? China only has 1 billion people more that USA. It is funny as hell is you worked at military intel for 10 years and you do not see these simple things...

I'm telling you people, USA is always boasting about their superiority and that can be very bad thing, never underestimate your opponent.

-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
21-06-2012, 05:06 AM
LOL! Like I said, you obviously know way more than I do about. I already apologized once... I don't know your credentials, but they must be pretty impressive. You're the man, bro. Stroke, stroke... Wink