America vs Britain in war...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-06-2012, 05:09 AM
RE: America vs Britain in war...
Something to research: First-strike capability, anti-first-strike capability, strategic neutralization, retaliatory second-strike capability, suppression of second-strike, intercontinental projection of power...

I may be talking out of my ass, but I'm pretty sure that China's ability to bring the fight to us could be neutralized in about an hour. Such as it is already.

But then again, what do I know?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-06-2012, 05:39 AM
My idiot flatmate was hell bent on informing me the other day that the day China surpasses the US economically is the same day the US declare war on China. I literally facedesked (like facepalm, but with a table. x10 worst then facepalm). Possibly one of the more stupid things he believes. top 15.

So if you believe my idiot flatmate we're all gonna have WW3 in like 10years.
Just thought I'd let you all know so you can prepare.

My advice however is also to go buy a big sturdy net because pigs will be flying, hey free bacon.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
21-06-2012, 06:35 AM
Awesome, earmuffs!

Tell your flatware he's absolutely correct. We have a sordid history of attacking other nations who we perceive to have outclassed us economically or militarily.

Ask him if that isn't a little counter-intuitive? Shouldn't we be attacking now, since we still perceive ourselves to have an advantage?
21-06-2012, 06:42 AM
(20-06-2012 01:00 PM)DannyW Wrote:  Yeah, you're right. I only spent 10 years in military intelligence; I'm pretty sure you're MUCH more knowledgable on the subject than me.

Yeah, my bad.
How can you think you are so correct in a hypothetical situation???

Seeing as two massive nations have never gone toe to toe in our recent history I would say that no fucker knows what would happen.

You can THINK you know........ and that is where we are all equal Cool

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
21-06-2012, 07:11 AM
(20-06-2012 02:46 AM)Filox Wrote:  USA equipment uses "Made in China" electronics, what can they mass produce in a war with China?
Rolleyes No

US military electronics, weaponry, etc is specifically made in the US to avoid giving China the tech and for security (no backdoors built in). You really think the US military is that incompetent? We export $1.5 trillion in goods, still good for #3 in the world, even though we've shifted to a more service based economy. We're still #1 by a wide margin in GDP - $14.6 trillion vs. China's $7.3 trillion. The UK is 1/7th our GDP. They have neither the numbers nor the tech to compete in a war - our military spending is $700bn vs. $63bn for the UK, what do you think that's spent on?

Better without God, and happier too.
[+] 1 user Likes Azaraith's post
21-06-2012, 11:08 AM
Don't be confusing the experts with valid facts - you're just clouding the issue: the U.S. is arrogant & we'd all like to see them (er, us) taken down a notch.

So there.
Wink
13-09-2012, 09:08 AM
Although America have the bigger army, I don't think it is designed to attack an advanced opposition, especially a radar hive which is attached to a branch of Allies. Not to mention you could have a Nuclear armed top of the range sub-marine literally sitting in New York harbour waiting until your shipment of...Oh wait no one would supply you with anything, (thanks for those subs by the way they are pretty handy). I think there are too many ways in to America for it to be impenetrable, especially because we would have access to other countries landing strips and probably other countries equipment (thanks NATO) Big things come in small packages. Also England is yo Daddy.
13-09-2012, 09:46 AM
You are all missing a vital point here: America has the resources to sustain ourselves for long periods of time. Far more than the Brits have. We supply food to a good portion of the world. The exports can be turned off and used to feed ourselves. We have (well, at least we had) massive manufacturing capabilities. We don't have nearly what we had in during WWII but we have greater capabilities than the UK has. We also have the resources to ramp up production. Even thought we lost, for example, a lot of our steel making capabilities, the US still produces steal.

The US would beat the snot out of the UK for the same reason we took down Germany and Japan in WWII, why we tipped the scales in WWI, and even why the Union smacked down the Confederacy - resources. We have 300M+ people, millions of acres of farm land to grow food, cotton to produce clothes, factories to build stuff, etc. Oh, and then there is the little detail that our military budget is greater than like 90% of the rest of the worlds, combined. We could take down the British Navy and air force in a week just through sheer overwhelming numbers.

This wouldn't be a war for the US, it would be a short lived reality TV show (which is good because our collective attention spans are not long enough for a sustained .... hey look! Something shiny!.....

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
13-09-2012, 10:07 AM
Everyone would die because the loser would launch their nukes.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 3 users Like Phaedrus's post
10-09-2013, 05:06 PM
The relationship between America and Britain is far to strong for a war to occur between them. but us brits have a slight advantage due to the fact that we are a member of the European union so we would be backed up by these soldiers which is approx. 5,346,322 soldiers in total including reserve. 2034 combat aircraft, 512 tanker and transport aircraft,6021 tanks.327 attack helicopters,59 submarines,4 carriers, 19 destroyers,97 frigates and 36 amphibious warfare ships. also most of the Caribbean is british or French territories,

the USA dosent have land bases close enough to the uk so would have to risk there aircraft carriers. Britain has plenty in the Caribbean including the use of the French bases. as the UK-French relationship is probably the only one stronger than the UK-USA relationship, which is weakening due to Obamas support to Argentina and there claim to the Falkland's (not the Malvinas and they never will be) and parliaments decision not to intervene in Syria which personally I think is a betrayal to david Cameron who at least had the bollocks to take on his own. so if anything britian would be backed by Europe and the commonwealth including Australia new Zealand and Canada so we would outnumber the USA but the US would put up a good fight. I doubt there would be any winner and the fact is it will never happen.