America vs England arguments

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2015, 04:01 PM
RE: America vs England arguments
I was having a conversation with my 70+ year old Auntie about how everything was bigger and better in the US... sky scrapers, cars, roads, food portions, shopping malls, national parks, trees, bridges, extreme exciting weather etc etc

She got really defensive and said that everything was most certainly not bigger and better in the US so I asked her for an example.

After a quick think she came straight back at me with: 'we've got better serial killers, we've got Harold Shipman!'

She's bloody brilliant my Auntie! Big Grin

- Talking lions, magic wardrobes, witches with Turkish Delight - GOOD - Muggles, Quidditch and Dark Arts Lessons - BAD -
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Nieko Sx's post
17-03-2015, 04:09 PM
(17-03-2015 04:01 PM)Nieko Sx Wrote:  I was having a conversation with my 70+ year old Auntie about how everything was bigger and better in the US... sky scrapers, cars, roads, food portions, shopping malls, national parks, trees, bridges, extreme exciting weather etc etc

She got really defensive and said that everything was most certainly not bigger and better in the US so I asked her for an example.

After a quick think she came straight back at me with: 'we've got better serial killers, we've got Harold Shipman!'

She's bloody brilliant my Auntie! Big Grin

I'll see your Harold Shipman and raise you Gary Ridgeway

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
17-03-2015, 04:20 PM
Quote:I'll see your Harold Shipman and raise you Gary Ridgeway

Gary Ridgeway: Between 50 and 80

Harold Shipman: Around 250

I daren't mess with my Aunt!

- Talking lions, magic wardrobes, witches with Turkish Delight - GOOD - Muggles, Quidditch and Dark Arts Lessons - BAD -
17-03-2015, 05:17 PM
My favorite coworker is English. He made fun if how I say tomato... I told him he can fuck off and that I hope his house gets hit by a torn"ah"do, and to go cry to N."AH".T.O.

And then I appologized profusely.
17-03-2015, 05:32 PM
Quote: He made fun if how I say tomato...

My American friends ask me to say 'water' over and over and then they laugh... Sadcryface2

17-03-2015, 05:36 PM
(16-03-2015 05:42 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I got tool sets in my garage that use both the Standard, AND Metric systems of measurement! What kind of backwards society can't keep a mere two systems of measurement in their heads? Damn neanderthals! Dodgy
Tongue

I had to get two separate roll-arounds for em....

About the only SAE (not "standard") things I have left are my 83 AM General DJ5, and the Minneapolis Moline "R"s .....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
17-03-2015, 07:25 PM
Both are weird.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
18-03-2015, 01:09 AM
(17-03-2015 05:17 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  My favorite coworker is English. He made fun if how I say tomato... I told him he can fuck off and that I hope his house gets hit by a torn"ah"do, and to go cry to N."AH".T.O.

You were doing quite well until the apology. Your English co-worker was probably starting to think that you were one of the fun ones Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
18-03-2015, 02:11 AM

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
18-03-2015, 06:01 AM
(18-03-2015 01:09 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(17-03-2015 05:17 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  My favorite coworker is English. He made fun if how I say tomato... I told him he can fuck off and that I hope his house gets hit by a torn"ah"do, and to go cry to N."AH".T.O.

You were doing quite well until the apology. Your English co-worker was probably starting to think that you were one of the fun ones Smile

Sorry... I'm Canadian... Apologies are our thing.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post