America was attacked today

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-04-2013, 05:32 PM
RE: America was attacked today
(16-04-2013 02:26 PM)Heathen Wrote:  
(16-04-2013 02:17 PM)MuffinPuffin Wrote:  Wait, was there any proof it was a terrorist attack, and not just some fucked up nutjob?

Hang on a minute there. How are we supposed to jump to conclusions and indulge in baseless speculation if you're going to around asking senisble questions like this!
What are you? One those rationalists?

Sorry. Keep in mind that I'm European, and as such do not know the terror of terrorist or how they are behind every bad thing that happens in USA.

Actually, on that topic, I kinda wish DK was more like USA, in that, whenever bad things happened we would just blame it on terrorist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes MuffinPuffin's post
16-04-2013, 05:58 PM
(16-04-2013 05:19 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  One thing that I find to be a little odd is the timing of the bombs. I would think that if someone were trying to make some kind of political statement, the detonation would have occurred near the race winners. However, the bombs didn't go off until about 3/4 of the runners had already crossed the finish line. It's almost as if there was a specific target that they waited for.

Or the author(s) of this tragedy isn't well versed in the timing of explosions.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-04-2013, 06:03 PM
(16-04-2013 05:32 PM)MuffinPuffin Wrote:  Sorry. Keep in mind that I'm European, and as such do not know the terror of terrorist or how they are behind every bad thing that happens in USA.

Actually, on that topic, I kinda wish DK was more like USA, in that, whenever bad things happened we would just blame it on terrorist.

Everything bad that happens in the US is to be blamed on terrorists. Sometimes it's foreign terrorists but more often than not it's domestic terrorists.

[Image: 120307_join_session_congress_reuters_605.jpg]

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
16-04-2013, 06:05 PM
(16-04-2013 05:58 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(16-04-2013 05:19 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  One thing that I find to be a little odd is the timing of the bombs. I would think that if someone were trying to make some kind of political statement, the detonation would have occurred near the race winners. However, the bombs didn't go off until about 3/4 of the runners had already crossed the finish line. It's almost as if there was a specific target that they waited for.

Or the author(s) of this tragedy isn't well versed in the timing of explosions.

It appears it was timed to go off when the bulk of regular folk (Americans) would be going by.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
16-04-2013, 07:30 PM
(16-04-2013 06:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  It appears it was timed to go off when the bulk of regular folk (Americans) would be going by.

Perhaps, or perhaps not. I will believe only what the evidence will show. Until then, I will spew all sorts of crazy ideas like any good ol' American conspiracy theorist would.

Actually, what you said there, Chas, makes sense. I'll go with that for now. Big Grin

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
16-04-2013, 11:10 PM

If you want to maximize collateral damage - wait 'til everyone's crowding round the finish line. Most runners who arrive stick around a few hours waiting for their mates, chilling with the family, just generally milling around. Right when the first runners arrive there's not so many people at the finish line.