American Atheists Billboard

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2012, 09:06 AM
RE: American Atheists Billboard
That's a pretty good idea. If only I weren't poor. And relatively unmotivated.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2012, 09:33 AM
This would make a great billboard.

[Image: beareatkids.png]

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
07-03-2012, 09:55 AM
I like that they defaced the Atheist portion of the billboard and left the bible verse =p It's really wierd what things people are just fine with.

I'm for the provocative statements made by the group they should continue t try and make statements and prove that the law is behind them. They are not going as far as many christian groups so it's not a big deal to me. I also had no issue with the original billboard, and mos of the people I know would've been a bit bothered but not seriously disturbed by it's statement. Plenty of billboards say bad things, but most non atheistic ones don't get destroyed.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
07-03-2012, 10:43 AM
(07-03-2012 08:57 AM)FaceOfBoe Wrote:  Yes, the Christian Taliban. I suggested a new Billboard that mentions where Jesus said that children who don't listen should be killed in accordance to old testement law.

Show a picture of Jesus with a gun or something.
Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a GUN.
[Image: jesus-gun-wwjd4.jpg]

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
07-03-2012, 11:15 AM
Hey the bible is not a children's book. I'm actually okay with this billboard

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
07-03-2012, 11:36 AM
(06-03-2012 01:38 PM)FaceOfBoe Wrote:  A recent billboard that was erected by American Atheists have been causing a stir in the city where I work.

It's about Slaves obeying Masters. They put it up in a mostly black neighborhood. People are really offended. most so the Christians...

The Billboard Story.

I've already had my say on the topic, but last night I had my first true experience watching Doctor Who, so now I'm pleased to say I know who you are, FaceOfBoe. Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
07-03-2012, 03:48 PM
Another billboard.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/07...?hpt=us_t4

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
07-03-2012, 06:56 PM
I think that was done in very bad taste. I do like the idea of an atheist billboard, but that was one of the worst possible ways to do it.
07-03-2012, 07:04 PM
I don't see why they're offended. Its in their book.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
07-03-2012, 07:16 PM
(07-03-2012 06:56 PM)hollowpointm16 Wrote:  I think that was done in very bad taste. I do like the idea of an atheist billboard, but that was one of the worst possible ways to do it.

Really? This quote was used by Christians (including ministers) to justify slavery in the U.S. in the 1800s.

It is intentionally shocking so as to wake people up. If they are offended, it is the Bible that offends.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user