Poll: Will you be marking your bills?
Yes
No
I would if I had 'In God we Trust' money.
[Show Results]

American Atheists! Mark your bills!

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
07-05-2011, 05:41 PM
American Atheists! Mark your bills!
All Americans and foreigners as well (If your bills read God) that are Atheist and would like to participate in this campaign simply stand together and read!

Americans our currency has "In God We Trust" on them and I have simply started marking out GOD with a black permanent marker and depending on the bill, I have written in Atheism either above or below; directly in the middle where GOD was blotted out. I saw this somewhere on Facebook and thought since they will vandalize the Atheist billboards then lets take it to them where they can't do anything about it but turn it over.

No one in their right mind would throw away money simply because of that so if we do this in mass numbers it's bound to show up on the news or someone will speak of it in your local news. Take it to them guys! I hope no fellow Atheists sees this as negativity... we don't damage their Christian/Religious billboards so why damage Atheist billboards? At least the money is yours until you transfer it by purchasing something or making change.

The fish who keeps on swimming is the first to chill upstream.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Snuff's post
07-05-2011, 05:59 PM
RE: American Atheists! Mark your bills!
I'm getting my wallet now.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
07-05-2011, 06:01 PM
That's exactly what I did when I read a comment on Facebook. The split second and I searched for a Sharpie for like 5 minutes. Big Grin Go us!

07-05-2011, 06:40 PM

Yes the Atheist billboards are being vandalized.
Snuff I'm going to post this idea on facebook and see what happens.
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2011, 07:02 PM
Am I the only one who thinks this is a tad much? First, I'd be pissed if I kept getting money that had marker all over it, and second, let them be the ones who are childish. If we sink to their immature vandalizing ways, then we only expose ourselves as equally juvenile.

It's the same manner that should be maintained in discussions. Let them be the ones who resort to name calling and instigating, while we reserve our composure and let everyone else see who is the adult in this silly dispute.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post
07-05-2011, 07:18 PM
This isn't vandalizing private property Buddy Christ. I see nothing wrong with this in my opinion. There is no name calling and since the original USA motto is not In God We Trust I don't see anything at all wrong with editing it to our likings since the Christians in congress can... the government should be scared of it's people. Big Grin I could go on about this all night and try and justify it but I won't, everyone is entitled to heir own opinions.

07-05-2011, 07:20 PM
I didn't use marker(pen worked just fine), but I tend to be shameless in marking up the bills. I also register bills on Where's George too.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
07-05-2011, 07:27 PM
Well I still would like to see how it goes and build a strong campaign for this... I referred Sharpies because they are permanent and you can't cover them up with a pen or pencil Smile also I don't want religious people trying to add God back and covering my Atheism.

07-05-2011, 07:34 PM

I have so far had one response after posting it on facebook.
The reply was: I keep a sharpie marker with me all the time and block out the entire phrase.
This person is one of my facebook friends.
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2011, 07:44 PM
At least write to your Congressman or something. I just don't see a handful of currency that most people never look at (I haven't read In God We Trust in so long, I actually forgot it was on there) with Sharpie on it accomplishing anything. The president isn't going to find one and go "you know what? you're right!"

But to each his own.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."