American Gods

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-05-2017, 06:59 PM
American Gods
Are you fucking kidding me? LC happy dance. Banana_zorro I love my Gwynnies! Heart

tlBig Grinr

Emergent theology is topical. Win.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
01-05-2017, 08:04 PM
RE: American Gods
I reread the book last week and, no lie, it made me think of you, HoC. (also of Girly)
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
08-05-2017, 08:38 PM
Did I mention, emergent theology? I've been drinking all day, smoking weed, playing multiplayer; I go to Bob, so theology? Bob farts and walks away.

From my scene to make an entrance before his wife. Yes, emergent theology. Smartass

Show better get eight seasons. Maybe I'll preach after each one. Hobo

living word
08-05-2017, 09:38 PM
I own the book and only finished the 2nd chapter. But I'm really looming forward to see ing the rest of the series.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
29-05-2017, 12:02 PM
I started watching a stream of the show recently. I'm currently on episode 3, and something happens in one scene that made me laugh much harder than I should have. I don't want to spoil anything, so I'll hide it below. If you don't want to know don't click on it...

So there's this gay scene between an Omani man and a genie. The genie comes out of the bathroom wearing a towel to see the other guy on the bed. He disrobes, momentarily revealing an 8-inch flaccid penis. I guess the fact that I wasn't expecting it made the scene so funny. Then there was the prospect of the poor Omani guy having to deal with it.
I've never read the book, but I may pick it up. The show is just weird enough to keep me interested. Plus, I like the idea of old gods fighting against modernity.
29-05-2017, 12:33 PM (This post was last modified: 29-05-2017 12:38 PM by RocketSurgeon76.)
I like everything Neil Gaiman does... I just hope they get this one right. The book was fantastic.

Edit to Add: I discovered Gaiman because I'm a huge Tori Amos fan, and she mentioned this short story (linked below) of his in one of her songs, called "Carbon". (She makes other references in her music to Neil, who is a friend of hers, and who included her as a tree in the story Stardust, per her request.)

Everyone should take a couple of minutes to read Snow, Glass, Apples.

https://thedreaming.moteofdust.com/1999/...ss-apples/

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
02-06-2017, 07:11 AM
Such a great great show. It looks like it was made just for HoC and by Hoc. Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
09-06-2017, 10:43 AM
All right, Cantor. I put down $5/month to get Starz just so I could watch this. It better be good or I'm gonna diagonalize your fat ass.

#sigh
20-06-2017, 05:52 PM
(09-06-2017 10:43 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  All right, Cantor. I put down $5/month to get Starz just so I could watch this. It better be good or I'm gonna diagonalize your fat ass.

I watch it for free on this website.

http://watchcorn.com/watch-american-gods-season-1/

The episodes don't come out until mid-day on Monday.

I can't stop replaying Mr. Wednesday's name reveal. I knew who he was from the beginning, but Ian McShane's performance is just so amazing.

[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post