American History X

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-08-2012, 01:42 PM
American History X
Watching it now. Fuck it's hard. I'm having to stop every few minutes. There are people who actually think like this Sad
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2012, 01:44 PM
RE: American History X
(01-08-2012 01:42 PM)morondog Wrote:  Watching it now. Fuck it's hard. I'm having to stop every few minutes. There are people who actually think like this Sad

I think every American should be forced to watch this movie.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
01-08-2012, 01:50 PM
(01-08-2012 01:42 PM)morondog Wrote:  Watching it now. Fuck it's hard. I'm having to stop every few minutes. There are people who actually think like this Sad

It took me a long while to sit down and watch it. But it's totally worth it.Thumbsup

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
01-08-2012, 03:21 PM
Wow...

Tend to agree with you KC. Think everyone should watch it.
01-08-2012, 06:07 PM
I agree that it's a pretty good movie, with a pretty decent message, but I gotta tell you folks.... The people who think like the bad guys, well they wouldn't watch the movie the same way as you or I.

The people they would be rooting for aren't the same ones, and some of the harder to watch scenes wouldn't be as hard to watch for those people.

On a side note, I've witnessed a curb stomping in real life, and ... glad they cut away in the movie.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
01-08-2012, 11:50 PM
A great movie. Hard and heavy. My favourite scene is when a guy is forced to bite the stairs... Jesus.

Haven't seen it for quite some time now.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
02-08-2012, 12:00 AM
There are people who actually think like this today. Weeping

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
02-08-2012, 12:16 AM
(01-08-2012 06:07 PM)lucradis Wrote:  The people they would be rooting for aren't the same ones, and some of the harder to watch scenes wouldn't be as hard to watch for those people.

I realise that. That's why it's hard to watch. The guy *believes his own bullshit*, you can see it. The only reason he breaks out of it is kinda... well I bet that'd happen to one in a million guys, but it is a movie after all...
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
02-08-2012, 02:45 AM
Seen worst.

But yeah fantastic movie.
Saw it for the first time a week or two back.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
02-08-2012, 10:16 PM
As a perpetually angry white male who is constantly enraged by the behavior of "thugs," I have this movie memorized.

Favorite parts are when he's lying in the infirmary after the prison scene and the teacher simply asks, "has anything you've done made your life better?" And he just thinks about it and breaks into tears. Very simply observation about something he believes is a very meaningful part of his life.

And also, "Hate is baggage. Life's too short to be pissed off all the time."

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 2 users Like Buddy Christ's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Fuck You "History"! Dark Light 11 377 08-03-2014 02:22 AM
Last Post: Alex_Leonardo
  American Horror Story GirlyMan 44 1,469 25-01-2014 04:15 PM
Last Post: earmuffs
  Video - History Channel. The Bible Summed Up onedream 2 633 11-03-2013 11:56 PM
Last Post: Hobbitgirl