American Idol...lol

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2016, 06:07 PM
American Idol...lol
What the hell is up with all the "Worship Leaders"? When I see that, all I think of is that person is a leader of a cult. LOL.

An insane amount of contestants wear a cross, like it some how makes them so much better than other ones. Then, it seems their crosses get bigger and bigger everytime you see them haha.

Then if one of them gets booted off, they later say "oh, it's gods decision". Sure it is. If your God did exist, do you think he'd give a fuck if you make it through or not?

Seriously though, it really seems that American Idol primarily picks religious people. What if someone was an open atheist on the show? I don't think it would workout very well.

I don't know. It's just a pet peeve I have with this show. I'm glad it's the final season. I just had to get this off my chest.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like nerwin's post
05-02-2016, 06:36 PM
RE: American Idol...lol
Another possibility is that church is one of the few places adults get to sing in public on a regular basis.

Thousands of churches, thousands of worship leaders, thousands of people who always get a solo in the Christmas cantata, thousands of mini wannabe celebrities....

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
05-02-2016, 06:48 PM
RE: American Idol...lol
I would like to hear just one say, "Them fuckers are just better singers than me."

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post