American Ninja Warrior

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-08-2015, 08:46 PM (This post was last modified: 31-08-2015 08:58 PM by nerwin.)
American Ninja Warrior
I've been watching this show for a couple years and really impressed by some of these athletes and the amount of time they spend training. But I find it so funny when they complete the course and at the end most of them thank jesus/god Or when they get interviewed after their run they say I give all my glory goes to god, or some shit like that. It makes me laugh every time because it makes no sense. You dedicate yourself for this competition and you don't give any credit to your self? Instead you give the credit to a non existing being? I seriously don't understand religious people.

It really makes me want to start training for this competition and when I complete a course, I'll say I give all the glory to the flying spaghetti monster with a wink to all my fellow pastafarian friends. Do you think they'd show that on national TV? Thumbsup

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like nerwin's post
31-08-2015, 08:50 PM
RE: American Ninja Warrior
Great, now I have more reason to not enjoy or want to watch that fake version of the reeeeaaal Ninja Warrior

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
31-08-2015, 08:51 PM
(31-08-2015 08:46 PM)nerwin Wrote:  I've been watching this show for a couple years and really impressed by some of these athletes and the amount of time they spend training. But I find it so funny when they complete the course and at the end most of them thank jesus/god Or when they get interviewed after their run they say I give all my glory goes to god, or some shit like that. It makes me laugh every time because it makes no sense. You dedicate yourself for this competition and you don't give any credit to your self? Instead you give the credit to a non existing being? I seriously don't understand religious people.

It really makes me want to start training for this competition and when I complete a course, I'll say I give all my glory to the flying spaghetti monster with a wink to all my fellow pastafarian friends. Thumbsup

Like thanking god for saving their loved one instead of the doctors and nurses who worked so hard, spending time away from their loved ones to make sure theirs stayed a live. It's sad sometimes. Anyways welcome back Smile have not seen anything from you in a while.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
31-08-2015, 09:11 PM
(31-08-2015 08:51 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(31-08-2015 08:46 PM)nerwin Wrote:  I've been watching this show for a couple years and really impressed by some of these athletes and the amount of time they spend training. But I find it so funny when they complete the course and at the end most of them thank jesus/god Or when they get interviewed after their run they say I give all my glory goes to god, or some shit like that. It makes me laugh every time because it makes no sense. You dedicate yourself for this competition and you don't give any credit to your self? Instead you give the credit to a non existing being? I seriously don't understand religious people.

It really makes me want to start training for this competition and when I complete a course, I'll say I give all my glory to the flying spaghetti monster with a wink to all my fellow pastafarian friends. Thumbsup

Like thanking god for saving their loved one instead of the doctors and nurses who worked so hard, spending time away from their loved ones to make sure theirs stayed a live. It's sad sometimes. Anyways welcome back Smile have not seen anything from you in a while.

Its sad indeed. The same thing can be said about race car drivers, typically Nascar drivers. They sit in a hot ass race car that can get up to 140 degrees for 3 hours smelling fumes and dealing with tremendous g forces and going 200mph and when you win the race, you give all the glory to god or you point up to the sky and say "thank you jesus! I didn't wreck" I'm mean really? Are you kidding me? YOU WON, not a imaginary friend. Thank yourself. Nothing wrong with that.

Oh well lol.

Yeah wow, I haven't been on here for a month. I guess I took a break then.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
31-08-2015, 09:18 PM
(31-08-2015 09:11 PM)nerwin Wrote:  
(31-08-2015 08:51 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Like thanking god for saving their loved one instead of the doctors and nurses who worked so hard, spending time away from their loved ones to make sure theirs stayed a live. It's sad sometimes. Anyways welcome back Smile have not seen anything from you in a while.

Oh well lol.

Yeah wow, I haven't been on here for a month. I guess I took a break then.

Lol yeah, nothing we can do to change that and yup Yes can't stay away forever, this forum is too addicting Tongue

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
01-09-2015, 06:03 AM
I've said to my S.O. while watching this show -- "This guy did all the hard work -- what's he thanking the invisible slacker for??? That cockknocker didn't even show up for moral support."

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.