American Sniper

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2015, 07:41 PM
American Sniper
As a former United States Marine, I can relate to what Chris Kyle went through.

American Sniper
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-02-2015, 01:47 PM
RE: American Sniper
(17-02-2015 07:41 PM)TheBear Wrote:  As a former United States Marine, I can relate to what Chris Kyle went through.

American Sniper

I'm somewhat fortunate in the fact that I was fucked up long before the Army got to me Tongue They didn't make me nuts, just gave me an outlet for what was already there.

Eddie Ray Routh was finally found guilty of his (and his friend's) murder just a couple days ago. Would be great if they could also overturn that bullshit from Jesse Ventura.

'Murican Canadian
28-02-2015, 08:21 AM
I did like the movie -- but there was some pretty basic shit they overlooked.......

The worst offense??

Setting up a benchrest on a 275 gallon fuel oil drum......

Dumb, dumb, dumb.....

You might as well set up on a fucking trampoline.

Fckn Hollyweird....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
30-03-2015, 10:11 AM
I thought the movie was poor compared to the book. It also added a villain and other tired Hollywood crap. Honestly, like the book, war should've been the villain.

Liberty loving, gun owning Atheist. Don't worry it confuses the right as well.
[+] 1 user Likes aesirus's post
30-03-2015, 10:50 AM
American Sniper
I like how it made clicking sounds when he adjusted the magnification on the scope.
30-03-2015, 12:51 PM
(27-02-2015 01:47 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(17-02-2015 07:41 PM)TheBear Wrote:  As a former United States Marine, I can relate to what Chris Kyle went through.

American Sniper

Eddie Ray Routh was finally found guilty of his (and his friend's) murder just a couple days ago. Would be great if they could also overturn that bullshit from Jesse Ventura.

From? Kyle was the one who claimed he had smacked Ventura's face in the first place. He even rewrote the damn book and added more stuff about it so he could get more sales. In any case, it was proven in a court of law that Kyle lied about the whole incident. Say what you want about Ventura otherwise, but the Kyle started the whole fuckfest and his lie followed him into the grave.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
30-03-2015, 01:42 PM
(30-03-2015 12:51 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(27-02-2015 01:47 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Eddie Ray Routh was finally found guilty of his (and his friend's) murder just a couple days ago. Would be great if they could also overturn that bullshit from Jesse Ventura.

From? Kyle was the one who claimed he had smacked Ventura's face in the first place. He even rewrote the damn book and added more stuff about it so he could get more sales. In any case, it was proven in a court of law that Kyle lied about the whole incident. Say what you want about Ventura otherwise, but the Kyle started the whole fuckfest and his lie followed him into the grave.

Whatever happened or didn't happen, Ventura's lawsuit was based on the idea that what was said in the book discredited him among his SEAL comrades. This is bullshit because A: Ventura was never a SEAL, he was UDT and B: He was hated by most of the military already for his conspiracy theories. His various conspiracy shows use blatant lies to sell themselves. How ironic, given his supposed complaint.

His lawsuit wasn't based off of having been wronged in any way. It was a cash grab.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
30-03-2015, 05:53 PM
Jesse Ventura is best summed up by a line he spouted in the movie Predator.

He offers one of the team a wad of chewing tobacco - and says "This stuff will make you into a sexual tyrannosaurus"...

Great -- something that makes you extinct, with arms that are too short to even whack off........

Dumbass...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
30-03-2015, 06:07 PM
I have to say that I love the way Clint Eastwood shoots and cuts his movies.

Million Dollar Baby, Grand Torino and this one all have in common that minimalistic style. No grand epic shots of massive scenery in which millions of details are shown at one. He always focuses on what matters the most to the story which are the characters and their interactions.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 2 users Like The Germans are coming's post
30-03-2015, 08:01 PM
(30-03-2015 06:07 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  I have to say that I love the way Clint Eastwood shoots and cuts his movies.

Million Dollar Baby, Grand Torino and this one all have in common that minimalistic style. No grand epic shots of massive scenery in which millions of details are shown at one. He always focuses on what matters the most to the story which are the characters and their interactions.

I agree.

I seem to recall he said once in an interview he credited his directing style to spending years as an actor.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces